One.

Secure. [Chanyeol One-Shot]

“Look at that… thing.”

“What are they thinking?”

“They? What is he thinking? Who knew he’d be into ogres.”

“How could she do that to poor Chanyeol?”

“What a shame, a real travesty.”

You watched as his mouth moved, but no words of comfort welcomed you. Ignorance was written all over his face.

--

The click from your heels became louder as you stomped across the concrete floor into the nearest empty room. Conveniently, the only window into it was the small frame in the door, allowing you to have some privacy as your vision ran red and livid threats and plots ran through your mind. Steadying yourself on the closest wall to your left, the clutch purse fell from your hand with a loud clatter. A free hand found its way to your face as you tried regulating your breathing.

Too angry to cry and too prideful to lash out, the only way for you to vent was to nearly hyperventilate.

You heard his dress shoes through the hall and as the only source of light was from the window in the door, you knew he'd stepped into the room. The wedge of yellow light shining on the ground from the window widened for a second before getting smaller and you felt his presence behind you.

Standing up straight and fixing your short black dress to look more put together, you turn quickly on your heels to face him, a stern look burning in your eyes. You could tell by his reaction he startled by this and his Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed apprehensively.

His words caught in his throat as his lips hung open, still nothing was said to comfort you. Tears began to well in your eyes.

“Get. Out.” Your jaw throbbed as you grit your teeth, seething with rage. “If you’re not going to say anything, just leave. I don’t want to see you.”

“What?”

“You heard me.” You point a shaking finger to the door behind him, still slightly ajar from his entrance, leaving him in a silhouette before you. Tears threatened to fall and you blinked them away temporarily. Just barely, you could make out his jaw going slack, still speechless.

“J-Jagiya…” His mind races for words to say visibly, searching your eyes for a way out.

You turn away from him, silently telling him to shut the hell up. Not looking into his face made your confidence in the matter rise, finding it difficult to say no to his soft features.

His words, no matter how sweet or tempting, wouldn’t reach you now. Self-esteem shattered and heart breaking from the lack of loyalty from your boyfriend had your whole body aching.

Your cool fractured in the silence. “Why do you go out with someone like me? I know I’m not the most confident in my looks, but you didn’t even try to stand up for me.” It took all that you could to not let a tear fall or cries to reach your lips. “Why don’t we just end this here, Chanyeol?”

A tiny clink on the concrete makes a sound like a gunshot as he realizes that it’s the ring he gave you that falls from your hand.

Closing the door the rest of the way, his hand searches frantically for yours in the dim light.

Upon finding the lost item, you feel him pull you close, slowly, as you held fast to your stubbornness. You are forced to face him as his other hand, soft and soothing, makes haste to lift your chin so you are looking up at him. A thumb wipes across your cheek when tears of frustration begin to cascade down. The pent up anxiety and adrenaline caused you to falter and resentment slipped.

You could feel his breath, uneven and hot, getting closer. His skin close enough to radiate heat, mixing with the heat from your body. Turning your head to avoid him, you take a step back, sinking your teeth into your tongue to prevent more tears. “No… Please, please just make this easier for both of us and just leave.”

“Is that what you want?” Hurt and false hope dragged his voice down an extra octave, a tone that pulled your heartstrings every time. Chanyeol keeps his grip on you firm and pulls you back, not even trying to make it seem like you could get away. And you knew you couldn’t, he wouldn’t let you, not this time. There wouldn’t be any running away from this.

You regretted allowing him into the room where you could be alone.

Without any warning or thought, your lips pressed hard into his, emotion getting the best of you as you completely cave. It took you a good second to realize the action was one of your own and not his, causing a large twist of frustration to churn your stomach. However, instead of pulling away, he kissed you back, causing your head to spin and forget the pit in your gut. As if your body had a mind of its own, your hands were suddenly around the base of his head, pulling him deeper.

He didn’t hesitate mimicking your movement, his palms finding the sides of your face. Each of you began to fight for the other, forgetting your need to breathe oxygen. After a few more seconds of increasing pressure, you groan in angst, biting his bottom lip hard enough to produce a gasp from his throat which allows your tongue to slip past. Your grip on him relented just enough to allow him to tilt his head, furthering the kiss to an all-out battle.

Pressing your body closer to his, he moves a hand to your waist to secure you tightly together. The other held a sturdy grip on the back of your neck, sending waves of warmth through your core. You’d be lying if you said you didn’t melt at the way his body felt pushed up against yours.

Tears flowed freely now as the pit evaporated into a needing burn in your chest. Noticing the salty wetness mixing in the kiss, he wipes your cheek, kissing you more passionately, lovingly, trying to fix this… This nonsense you had gotten yourselves into. He didn’t want to leave, to leave you behind, his kiss made his point quite evident.

Finally pulling away from the swollen kiss reluctantly, you rested your head on his shoulder, softly sobbing. Hands weakly punched his chest and his grip surrounded you, pulling you tighter against his body protectively. Your body shuddered as your cries turned more violent.

His lips rested on the top of your head. “Shh… Uljima… I’ll make everything okay again, I promise. I am so sorry, ______. I wasn’t paying attention and I’m sorry for hurting you. I’m sorry I caused this.” A hand runs down your hair in a comforting gesture that doesn’t reach you.

“I hate this.” You whispered, voice shaking.

“I know, Jagi… I love you."

"I love you, Channie."