Chapter Three

Weight limits

        Everyones scores had been called and Seungkwan ended up with one of the top scores of this test. Others being Namjoon, Joshua, and Seungcheol who had gotten 11 out of 12. 

       The rest of the period was the the same as usual, making flash cards and talking. The stressful part of the day had been taken care of and Seungkwan was thankful for that. He did't bother looking at his newly written cards, instead he stared at the other's large back. When the other shifted in his seat, it only made him do the same.

     He let out a sigh when the quiz was passed back, the blank spaces all filled in writing way neater than his own. He wondered why the teacher made no note of it, probebly done with everyones : like all the other teachers, and decided to just jot down the scores. Not bothering bat an eye on the answers. Alot of teachers where like that these days.

      The bell rang and everyone already packed, left to lunch quickly. Including Seungcheol who was the first to run out the door. He was surprised by the bell and was one of the few who was left behind. All his supplies were still spread on the desk , his stupid daydreaming was making him late again.

      The way to lunch was almost lonely. Only a few students still roaming the halls here and there. He really couldn't let it go. He definently boosted his score, filled in the answers, and made a mental fool of himself.

       --

         "I'm telling you I didn't even finish the test. How could i have gotten such a good score?" Seungkwan's elbow layed on the tall table, hand on cheek. He eyed Soonyoung who had only bit into his crispy toast. Finally speaking when it was time to dip it on syrup.

          "Maybe...he felt bad? I don't know. I probebly would have done the same, honestly. How many did he fill in? One? Two?" Soonyoung nipped the bread.

          "...ten. And he fixed one that i already answered" he said this quietly shameful. Soonyoung just giggled,

" it was THAT bad? Wow." He was amused now.

       " shut up. I neglected study sessions all month. Ugh this time I'll study all night if i have too. I'll show him how smart i can be." Seungkwan made a determand face but it soon vanished. "I ing hate studying Seungcheol will just continue to pity me forever"

      "Highschool isn't forever. You don't even talk to him, who knows? Maybe you'll never see him again after all this ends."

      "DON'T ING SAY THAT!" he said this alittle too loud, earning questioning looks from other round and about. Including Seungcheol who was only two tables behind him.

      "I-I mean.."

     " wow you must reeeeally like him. I didnt know you were so love struck." Soonyoung gave a cheeky smile, his eyes turning into slits.

     Seungkwan only blushed and sipped on his water. " is he looking this way?" He motioned behind him, the other making it alittle too obvious that he was looking for him.

       "He was, yea-- oh my god he kissed her!"

         Seungkwan looked  behind himself only to meet eyes with said boy. He quickly turned back, to a again smiling Soonyoung.

"Liar."

        A smack was heard soon after, Soonyoung rubbed he shoulder. 

      " keep it down. I can hear you from the line-up." Jihoon had his scarf around his neck again. 

       "But Jihoon! Seungkwan's in love!"

--

          Lunch ended quickly and Seunkwan has made a decision. He was going to tell Seungcheol. Not a confession of course, but about the cheating. He really didnt want it to happen again, at least not with him that'd just make him humiliated. Even a short letter to him would be fine or a text. A text would be kind a creepy though, how would he get his number? Joshua? No way.

        He dropped the almost full bowle of food into the bin and groaned.

        Every class was the same that day, ignoring each lesson to rehearse what he was going to say to the other. It all sounded great in his head, but out loud completely stupid. 

     

        He even rehearsed with Hoshi one period and a violent Jihoon in another. Jihoon only told him how stupid it all was and that there was no point in all this. Yeah, Seungkwan didn't agree but there was a point.

        After every period he'd search for the other in the halls but alas, he was nowhere in sight. He began to wonder if he really did run from class to class. He started to worry when there were only five minutes for the last period. If not today, he would have to do it tomarrow, his confidence would have been completely gone by then. He couldn't just let that happen, he needed to do it today.

          Everyone in class was packed and ready to head out the small door. Whoever constructed this building wanted everyone to stuggle getting out.

         The bell to get the hell out finally rang and Seungkwan can feel butterflies in his stomatch. Just knowing there was a possibilty to face him made him like this.

        He looked around each hall and many classes and still no sign of him. By now Soonyoung and Jihoon would have been waiting by the gate. Jihoon most likely complaining to the other.

        There was no one at the front gate. He only waited and felt that maybe the two were stuck cleaning a classroom. His phone had no recent texts. He sighed again.

         The wait had gotten longer and the rain finally set again, light wet beads forming ontop of his head. It started to bother him.

         "Seungkwan?" He turned his body at the sound of his own name.

        " there you are! I've been looking all over for you" it was Seungcheol his head under a medium sized umbrella. 

       His knees locked in place as he looked at the taller. " ohh-" looking for him? It was odd since he, himself had been looking for said teen. " w-what is it?" His voice was shaky and the rain only grew stronger.

        He felt completely helpless that very moment, anticipating whether or not he should tell him what he wanted to say earlier.

           "Your friend,Hoshi,"

        Seungkwans eyes grew smug 'ugh that '.

      "He left because, .. he said something about his mother and rain? Anyway, he told me you wanted to speak to me? He said it was an emergency so...here i am! Oh wait! You're from my english language class, right? Waaahhhh~ no wonder you looked so familier. Good job on the quiz." He have a little smile at the last bit, it was hard to tell of he ment it.

         Damn he talked alot.

        "I wouldn't call it an emergency," he felt his cheeks grow warm, his voice still shaky and eye contact was the last thing he wanted. He could feel his gaze upon him. " just don't do that again." He let out a sigh of relief, knowing he finally let it out.

         "Do what?" are you ing kidding me.

    "Cheat. I know i didn't deserve 12 out of 12. I failed." He looked up at Seungcheol. "But you made me pass, why?"

      "Why?" Seuncheol let out a light laugh and wow did it sound amazing. "Well, you practically gave me enough paper to last me a whole semester. And we're classmates now so i thought I'd--"

        "Don't do it again." Seungkwan spoke over the other. "I'll study next time."

       The other just smiled, "you should thank me y'know." 

      He raised an eyebrow. " well.. thanks then." He was ready to turn and leave.

    "No! Not like that."

      Seungkwan gave him another questioning look. "Then how?" His heart beated faster.

       Seungcheol wasn't sure himself, so he stood still and thought for a moment. "How about you," he pointed to Seungkwan "make me lunch next friday, thats one week for you to prepare."

          "And why would I do that?"

    "Because~ if you don't I'll tell Mr.Anderson that you forced me to write down all the answers for you."

        Seungkwan's eyes widened 'what the .

        " heh I'm kidding" he let out a chuckle" i just get hungry is all." He saw Seungkwan rub his arm at the sudden cold and held the umbrella under Seungkwan. "Here. Take it, the rain isn't going to calm anytime soon."

       Seungkwan was about to protest," I live close by it's fine really, besides, your already soaked." He ruffled Seungkwan's hair that was near soaked.

           Seungcheol took off his uniform blazor and hovered it over his own head. " bye" he waved with his free hand.

         He watched as the other sped walk, face getting wet from rain. The blazer was of no use.

         He gripped the umbrella and watched as he turned a corner. His phone vibrated and he frantically took it out of his pocket. Hoshi. He read the text.

Hoshi: heh sorry ^^'

--

 

    He was in his room now, heartbeat becoming uneven. He had just realize that he had an accual conversation with said crush. AND HE TOOK HIS UMBRELLA. In his head he'd call that a score.

      The umbrella was a dark blue, close to navy. A 3D sticker was sewn to the side with little drops of water still on it. The design of his pink plushie was staring him in the face in sticker form. His lips formed a smile as he poked at the small squishy object. Knowing Seungcheol liked the same character as his made him like the teen even more.

      He grabbed his plushie and smiled wide, "looks like you have another fan."

 ---

       " too many flashcards.." he groaned and put the stack ontop of his blank paper that layed on his desk.

          He really tried earlier. Putting the umbrella beside him as some sort of inspirsation to study. The sticker just stared back at him as he continued to make fustrated Kwan noises. He poked the sticker again " I give up."

He scratched the back of his head and blinked blankly at Jihoon's name on his phone. Jihoon wasn't the type to help, he'd rather be the one to push you down a well rather than throwing an ichy rope, Seungkwan moaned at the thought. He really needed a friend, someone to help him study this foreign language. english.

            He did know wether to punch or kiss Soonyoung for what happened today. The other would probebly be happy for both, since that talk with Cheol is exactly what he needed. He liked the way he looked at him even though he broke eyecontact with the other many times. Just thinking of him made him feel fluffy inside. He felt like a little cloud.

      He finally decided to study the following day. His body was now in his living room where only quiet stood. He layed there and took in the quiet atmosphere. The light was off and the sound of aoft rained filled the previous quietness. He closed his eyes and forgave Jihoon and Soonyoung for leaving him at the gate. That gate was now a landmark in his mind. If only he could make others take field trips around that very gate. Telling them exactly how the pointless converstation went.

       Seungkwans nap didnt last so long. The feeling of hunger made his stomatch move on its own.

          "It's been a few weeks." four to be exact

        The diet he told himself he was on was very strict. Even in a few days he managed to lose four pounds. He didnt know it was possible until know. It wasnt just the diet but the long naps and physical education at school. The hardcore studying was probebly a big part of this as well. 

         He didnt lie when he said he felt different. His jeans slid on perfectly,now. His stomtach was almost exactly how he wanted. His thighs werent changed yet, his arms the same as well. 

         No commented about this though. He looked almost the same with his uniform on. His street clothes wernt tight either. Nothing was very noticable.

        He grabbed an apple from the kitchen and ate it hungrily.

         The t.v's light flashed from low to bright as he watched a program that made little sense. He did little to pay attention and hugged his knees, chin on knee. His phone vibrated multiple times and he picked it up and saw the characters that formed texts. 

         It was just spam.

        He laughed at his inner panic attack and layed on the couch again. His eyes closed again and he hoped that the next day would last a long time.

          --

        He felt a pain on his cheek."wake up!" His eyes opened and saw pink.

         Jihoon's pitch black hair now looked like cotton candy. He couldnt help but laugh at the sight. He felt more pain.

          "Dont worry you dont look so bad." Soonyoung's voice was also heard in the room.

         He looked at Jihoon again once his laughing had died down. "Why?"

         "It was Soonyoung's idea... you know what just dont ask" he can hear the sorrow in his voice.

         The two told Seungkwan to get dressed and cleaned for, they were finally going out after so long. The plans Soonyoung had been planning finally being formed in place. 

         The trio stepped out the house in which, was again empty, and made sure they had money. Jihoon of course came all too prepared, bringing $300 dollars for snacks 'just in case'.

         Because of this, Seungkwan didny bother to count his money. He'lp just be extra nice to Jihoon today, agree to anything he has to say.

        The ride in the bus was rather long for Seungkwan because he was still tired, the apples energy, already died out. He touched Jihoon's hair which was still extremely soft. He noted how much shorter it was now.

          He continued to run his fingers through it and Jihoon only hummed in response. This was rare. A sight to see, really. He just HAD to cherish this moment. He took the opportunity to lay his nose it the tips of the pink hair and take in the scent of chemicals. It was nice.

         Jihoon's eyes were brighter today. The trio got off the bus and they took in the salty sea air that fhilled the place near the beach.

         "Breakfast?" Jihoon looked at Soonyoung and Kwan in a suddent bright mood.

        He didnt bother to care for answerd and practically dragged the two into a small diner. Jihoon ordered 3 funnel cakes, extra whipped cream on his own, nuts on Soonyoung's, and extra strawberry sauce on Kwan's. Just like the older times. Seungkwan didnt want funnel cake fore breakfast but today was an acception. For his two friends, who didnt know of this diet.

         "3 funnel cakes." The male placed them on the table. 

    The voice was all too familiar. He turned and saw Joshua, who wore a plain black shirt with powdered sugar on it, and a cute little apron. The little hat on his head barely on.

       Joshua gave a genuine smile to the trio and told them that he's seen them around school.

    " yeah, i see you guys all the time...you're hair's pink now huh? It looks really nice" Joshua touched it for a mere second then turned to Seunkwan who only stared at his beauty with envy. 

    "You've lost some weight?"

   "Huh?"

     "Yeah, you seem thinner, to me at least. But you also look good." He smiled again

      Joshua's smile and comment made him feel bad, hating his for no reason at all. And here he was. Being nice as ever to these strangers.

     If he didnt envy him so much he's probebly crush on him as well. 

  A ringing was heard and this made Joshua tense up. "-oh i better get to the kitchen, see you guys in a while" he gave a little wave and made his way into the kitchen.

  "This just proves that you hate him for no reason." Soonyoung imitated Joshua's smile. He kicked him under the table.

 Jihoon ignored all this and started to scoop off the doubled whipped cream. Soonyoung also bagan to eat, leaving Seungkwan to poke at his own.

       "I'm sorry."

 Seungkwan looked at the pink character who still had whipped cream around his small mouth. "Huh?"

"What i said before, weeks ago. About you being chubby. I lied."

Seungkwan shook his head " no you didnt. But its okay. Im taking care of it."

" no your not. Its been a few weeks and your already losing weight."

" its the stress mostly. School does that remember? There was a time when school made you bones that one time"

They chuckled and shared that memory.

Seungkwan managed to  turned this around.

The four ate their funnel cakes. Seungkwan happily ate it as well, forgeting about his said diet .

   Joshua's appearence was made, receipt in hand. He slapped it on the table and gave a bottle of water to kwan saying he looked thirsty. He didnt know if he ment it 'that' way but took it anyway.

The sum was alot less than they had expected but stilk insisted Jihoon should pay since he was the 'eldest'

 Jihoon didnt question it and paid the 6 dollars anyways. The price was a steal in a way.

    Joshua suggested them to go to the shoppig center because of the new stores that were built. They did so and looked around the newly built shopping center in awe.

    They went into the arts and crafts store for 'cheesecloth'.... seungkwan has never heard of it before but Soonyoung being his odd self needed it. He just shouldnt  question.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter end~~~