Chapter one.

Weight limits

 

The cafeteria was fuller than one would expect. Seungkwan could feel the wet fabric of the male behind him, making him sigh in disgust.

"Next." The woman's husky voice ,bringing a smile to his face, knowing there was to be a meal soon.

He quickly ordered the freshly made curry that he'd been longing for. It wasn't properly made like all the other options but still...it tasted ing great. The order was declined.

'Sorry. The boy in front of you just took the last bowl." She gave a look of pity. Seungkwan gasped slightly at the loss of meal.

In the end he ended up with the ramyeon that he wasn't  quite fond of. He quickly made his way over the table where Sooyoung sat. His bestfriend for years. A quick fellow was what he was. Always smiling at most things, it wasnt creepy all the time. "Hyung~" the younger whined, "I came too late for the curry." He sat with a pout that disappeared when he saw Hoshi's greasy meal.

"If you really wanted it then you should have ran here." Sooyoong  sipped his spoom in the  curry chunks.

"I WOULD have if I wasn't held back in class." He said the last part quietly. "He scolded me for talking too loudly." His eyes were set on the curry's steam.

"And this is the result,I'm curry-less!!"

The older snorted," That's not a word.

The younger smiled, "wanna.." he didnt finish his sentence.

"HELL NO. I'm not getting stick with the over due ramyeon! Nopes not me." He took another bite of the curry "MM! yummy~" his face was too happy for his own good.

Seungkwan pouted for his own good.

It was no use talking Sooyoung into trading opposite meals. He have up, opening the packet of kimchi powder. He added the spice into the hot liquid.

"Ahh!- I got curry today, it's disgusting." Jihoon's voice was heard beside him. "Here." His ramyeon disappeared within seconds, being replaced with a spicy smelling curry. His prayer was answered.

"Jihoon hyung,.." his eyes were glistening in happiness at the boy.

"Are you God?"

--

Seungkwan's happy smile was being stuffed with curry,curry,and more curry. He knew this stuff was going to make his stomatch turn but this moment he gave not one .

"Wow how do you eat so much and not gain any weight?" Sooyoung eyed him as the spoon touched his lips.

"That's not true." Seungkwan felt a hand on his side, "look, he has some fat around here." A pinch was felt.

"Hyung that's not very nice,..just call it tofu." 

The two eldest giggled at eachother. They always made fun of eachother, them three, but right now Seungkwan just wanted to eat in peace. He glared at the two.

"Ahh we're just playing" they chuckled nervously rubbing their necks in defeat.

    The bell vibrated against their ears telling them lunch has ended. The three made their way to the trash cans close to the entrance,or exit. They spoke as they walked, mostly of what happenes that day, how Soonyoong hit a girl in the face with a frikin floor mat. It wasn't possible, but of there was someone who could make it possible ot would be him.

Their voices stopped when Seungkwan felt pressure around his frame. Looking up, he faced a stanger with a handsome face. " Careful there."his voice was deep, his sin fair

"Oh s-sorry" he pulled back almost too quickly and bowed once.

His face was warm.

-

From that day on he noticed that same boy day after day. He questioned as to why he mever saw him before.

The tri sat on the stairs near the school entrance as they watched some younger boys play basketball.

"Why haven't i seen him before?" Seungkwan takes a bite of his kimbap.

"I see him everyday," Sooyoung takes a bite was well, "we're in the same class," his mouth was full, he did that slight cough, "name's Seungcheol, quite popular accually. He's freind's with Joshua and Vernon." He did another cough and choked a bit in that process.

'Wow' is all he could say as he continues to feast.

He was DEFINENTLY well known. He sighed once. He thought as to why he didnt know of the other sooner. Come to think of it , he always only looked in his little group of friends, not really paying attention to all the others. Others around him were rather bothersome to say the least. Paying a little more attention was a good idea.

"Boo Seungkwan."

"Hmm? He lookes at Jihoon who now looked up from his assigned book.

"You're going to choke of you keep eating like that," he scoffed and poked seungkwan's cute cheek, "did you gain weight?"

"Hyung stop playing around, it's not funny." Seungkwan gently pushed Jihoon's hand away.

" No, I'm serious," he flipped through a page in his book, "you look alittle plump."

Seungkwan rolled his eyes and looked down. He didnt feel any heavier, alittle maybe but it had to be normal right? He could have sworn he grew a bit taller. He shrugged.

"Don't let hyung's words put you down, you look cute like this." Hoshi gave a cheeky smile as he pinched the younger's cheek. "So cute!" 

Only a smile was formed and chuckle heard. They both continued to watch the others play when Seungkwan wrapped his kimbap , setting it to the side.

-

  Seungkwan made his presence at home clear when he took off his shoes and slipped on the worn out slippers. A loud ' I'm home!' Was a regular thing. Of course, like always, no one was home. He heard his voice echo.

Hopping up the stairs, he felt his shoulders ache. He placed his bag on the chair as he jumped on his clean, now clustered bed.

He closed his eyes and sighed.

The feeling inside him was warm.'why do i feel like this?' he thought of the boy he bumped in at lunch not long ago and hugged the plushie near by. "It'll pass, it'll pass,it'll pass" he was on repeat, pratically chanting. He was an alert.Images of the other boy filling his head.

It soon stopped when the water hit him. He ran his fingers through his scalp, still thinking. The water washed all the shampee away, leaving the sent of peaches on his hair and skin. He rubbes his hands against his skin and couldnt brush off the feeling that something was different.

He blotted the towel against his skin until it in all the beads of water. His sweats brushed against his thighs, feeling tighter against his waist. He didnt like this feeling.

He lifted his shirt midway, pinching the place where Jihoon pinched earlier that day. His stamach stood out a bit. Not fat not skinny. Just squishy.

It felt bigger. He pinched his side as well, it was definently more than before. Seungkwan pulled slightly as his so-called 'tofu'.

Jihoon was right, like always.

He gained weight. It wasn't cute like Soongyoong said it was, it was disgusting. He cupped his face, jawline still there but there was a bit of a difference.

He quickly went into his mother's bathroom and pulles out her old scale they had a cracked corner.

Standing there for the seventh time, he still couldn't believe it.

10 pounds

He gained 10 ing pounds.

The boy was known as a child for being even alittle chubby. He lost alot of that weight when entering his 3rd year of middle school. He didnt want to go back. No not again. That regretful feeling, the people , he didnt want it to come back.

Finally becoming thin, and for what? Nothing. And not it's back. Fat forming that heavy feeling.

He blinked in silence.

The beads of water on his fringe softly stoking his cheek as he walked out the bathroom.

   

Hours passed and he sat there at dinner with his sister by his side. Only thing entering his mouth waa broth and bits and peices of solid food. He got up and began to leave quietly.

"Feeling sick?" A spoon entered "you eat ham today? You know what that does to you."

"No, I just have a lot of studying to do." She only nodded at his half lie and he made his way to his room.

Two more days until the weekend. He liked counting the days. Sometimes it was a drag, knowing how long it would take for mondays and tuesdays to end. Wednesday were okay, not this one though. This Wednesday was ill.

'Has anyone noticed?" He sat on the chair where his bag hung.

He hated Jihoon being right.

-

His pencil rolled off his desk, the noise making his tires eyes lift. He stretched out his arms and back, blinking multiple time. The red numbers on his clock read ' 3:30 a.m'. He napped a few hours. Groaning, he thought of the stupid test he was sure to flunk. He wasn't great at those.

The plushie on his bed was now held up to his face." Time for bed." He smiled at the fack rabbit and rubbes the drool off his desk.

     His sleeping form woke from the stiking sunshine. It stabbed his small eyes, causing the first groan of the day. How exciting.

     As usual he washed his face and brushed his straight teeth. Fingers traced the ironed uniform, it was cold out. He rubbed his hands together at the sudden cold.

He thought about yesterday, how he might have over reacted. He DID grow taller and the weight he probebly gained how be lost quickly and easily of he tried. He smiled.

He had to be careful of what he consumed for a while.

His sight blackened and his legs stopped.

"Guess who~~" the familiar cheerfulness made another smile form.

Sooyoung smiled widely and linked arms with Seungkwan. "Yah! I told you to wait for me." A slight whine.

" might have slipped my mind." He laughed at the older's face. His shocked face was the best.

 

Today will be a good day