Final moments

Marriage

It was two years into their marriage when Minhee started to feel unwell. She constantly had headaches until one day she fainted suddenly. He remembered rushing to the hospital, abandoning his work, only to hear the news that she had brain cancer. Though sunggyu was devastated, he was determined to be minhee's strength and saw this as just an obstacle they could overcome in their marriage.However, things got worse.

When minhee started chemotherapy,though she said she was okay,sunggyu could see through her frail features that she was suffering. She did no eat much, as everything she ate, she would throw up, but she still forced herself to eat in front of him, not wanting to show him that chemotherapy was giving her more pain than relief and cure.

However one day,when he visited her,he saw her curled up in her bed,wailing and proclaiming she could not take it anymore. Seeing that,sunggyu immediately asked the docter to stop the treatment.

The doctor told him then,that though the treatment did lessen the cancer cells, he needed to prepare for the worse. Sunggyu knew what it meant and since then,he sat by her side.

Spending every moment he could with her.

Rays of light peeked through the translucent curtain and sunggyu woke up. another day had passed with him thinking. He held his wife's hands tighter as dreams of them came back to him. As strains of blissful memories went through his mind, he crashed his lips onto hers and whispered softly into Minhee's ear.

After he whispered into her ear,he saw Minhee's hear rate slowing and the machine beeped.

He knew he had to let her go.

He was brushed out the room as the nurses and doctors came in.As he leaned against the wall,all he could do was stare at the ring on his finger.

Though it was just a ring to othersand it was to show he belonged to someone, it held a different meaning to sunggyu. It was a ring which brought him and Minhee closer.It was a symbol of a promise to keep her safe until and even when death do them part. He slipped off his ring and looked at its engravings. It was the words he whispered to Minhee in the room.

It wrote,

"I love you..infinitely"