Memories

Marriage

Sunggyu sat beside the hospital bed as he did everyday for the past one month.

The restless nights he had was reflected on his tired face and it made him look older than he was.

He looked up and glanced at the woman lying on the bed. Her chest raising steadily as she slept soundly on the bed. Her chestnut brown hair was still the same but her face was as pale as the hospital sheets, and her once red lip that outshone her other features were now ghastly white.

He sighed and twined his hands with hers. He brought her hands to his lips and felt the ring that wrapped loosely around her bony fingers. He felt the ring that wrapped loosely around her fingers.

He smiled as the memories of their wedding day came back to him.

=FLASHBACK=

Sunggyu and Minhee were childhood sweethearts.They were together since junior high. Many people may think that he or she can find love so early and stay with each other for a lifetime is impossible,but they erased such skepticism.

He remembered the day they got married very clearly.

Minhee being his bestfriend,girlfriend and soon to be wife,he was so nervous that he could not even hold a cup properly.

"YAH HYUNG!!!CAN YOU STOP TREMBLING!? YOUR SPILLING ALL THE WATER ON THE FLOOR!" the youngest of his friends,Sungjong,screamed.

"Aish sungjong-ah just leave your hyung alone for a day..i bet he is so nervous he isnt even hearing what we are saying now" his closet friend and best man,Woohyun spoke for him.

"Who wouldn't be nervous marrying a beautiful woman like Minhee noona?hehe" his other friend Sungyeol said teasing him.

He was thankful that his friends were there for him that day,if not,he could have collapsed from all the feelings he felt...if that was possible.

Soon the weeding started and he stood at the foot of the asile,facing the pastor.After a few minutes, the piano started to play,indicating the entrance of the bride.

He turned back and froze. No words could explain nor describe how beautiful she was that day.

A white veil covered her face but her beauty still shone under it. Her simple white dress that was elaborated with flower prints at the bottom fitted her perfectly. He felt that there was no other woman more beautiful and perfect as her.

Soon she reached next to him.

the proceedings went on and the final line was said.

"I now pronounce you man and wife"

He lifted her veil and she looked at him, smiling shyly and then he closed his eyes and kissed her.

That was the day sunggyu vowed to look out for her,protect her with all he could and grow old together smiling at their extended family.

=END=

Sunggyu opened his eyes again and he was back in the hospital. Warm tears ran down his cheeks as he thought about all the times they were together.

"Stay with me.Please." he whispered softly to the woman he made vows to protect until death do them part or even after death.