Page 24

Colors- A memoir of Layla Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What do you want?" I asked already annoyed with his antics this early in the morning.

 

I have tickets to the art exhibit this Friday. Want to go with me?" he said, pulling my arm making my body sway back and forth; distorting the words on the page of the bok I was reading.

       "I'm busy" I sighed as I tried to brush him off. We both knew it was a lie, but I was more of the suffer in silence type. He isn't going to let it go so easily. I could already hear the impending hissy fit in five, four, three, two, on-.

       "You Layla!I can't believe you'd rather spend the night at home than go out! I.." he burst out. clockwork. He can be so annoying sometimes.

       "OK..I will g alright!," I interrupted his ongoing monologue. I thought today was going to be a calm day. He had been trying to get me to go to this art exhibit for weeks, but I just wasn't ready yet, but I'd have to try. At least I could make an effort for him.

        "Finally! ok, we can meet outside of the school tomorrow," he exclaimed. 

        " Yeah alright, I'll be there. See you later." I said as I got up and left for the third period.

I have been at this school for three years and I'm still not used to it. Sometimes I think I would have been better off if I had just stayed in Oregon. It was quieter, more peaceful back then. I walked into class and took my regular seat in the back while avoiding the eyes that followed me to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter