The things you said that made me feel like

I'll Cross the Stars for You

Chapter 1

The things you said that made me feel like

 


 

I first met Seo Joohyun—Seohyun—during my second semester in college. I was at that devastating phase when I was being hit by an epiphany and suddenly questioned everything that happened in my life. Why the hell am I taking this major? What the hell am I here in college to begin with? What do I want in my life, with my life? Who am I? What am I? I was stuck at that limbo of uncertainty and self-doubt that almost all nineteen year-olds experienced.

 

Yes, almost all. Because, as far as I knew it, Seohyun, who was a nineteen year-old just like me, never hit that phase. She was downright confident, very sure of everything that she was and all the things that she wanted to do in her life, with her life. Things just seemed to settle themselves down for her. To put it simply, she was always at the right place at the right time. Or rather, she made sure that she had to be at the right place at the exact right time. Like, she didn’t tolerate any mistake, any miscalculation that would up even one minute of her day.

 

Well, as much as I would prefer no mistake or miscalculation on my part either, it was just impossible, because at that point, I was pretty much convinced that I was prone to misfortune. It seemed like I was a good-luck repellent. Like, all the good luck in this whole universe turned away and bolted just by the sight of me in a thousand miles radius.

 

Right. Why do even I talk about Seohyun, anyway?

 

Because, she was the beginning of everything.

 

Seohyun was the one who brought me to the utmost joy and the most potent downfall of my life: Jung Yonghwa.

 

Jung Yonghwa. Gods, where do I even begin?

 

In a nutshell, I loved him. I loved him to the stars and back.

 

Tsk, please tell me I didn’t just say that, because that was ironic as .

 

Yonghwa and I were not destined to be together. Like, we literally were not meant to be. It was written in the stars. Or, to be more exact, Yonghwa and I were never written in the stars, which was really ed up on so many different levels. But that was the reality, so what I thought didn’t really matter.

 

People were born with a soulmate—, that was so cliche—already prepared for each of them somewhere in the world. If people were lucky, they might find their mate so early during their childhood. It was very easy to spot your soulmate, after all. There was this incredible pull that you’d feel when your soulmate was near. And when you finally met your soulmate’s eyes, you would feel the kind of spark that was impossible to explain unless you’ve experienced it yourself.

 

When it happened, you just knew.’ They all said.

 

No, I did not know.

 

It had been nineteen years since I’ve been alive, and I haven’t found him yet—my soulmate. The missing piece of my heart. The one and only. The Mr. Right. Whatever.

 

The fact that almost all my peers had found theirs did not help at all. And do you know what was the worst deal of it? Jung Yonghwa was not my soulmate. And, as if that didn’t enough, it turned out Yongwa already had one.

 

No, no, listen, let me deliver the punching blow: Seohyun was his soulmate.

 

Yeah, I know, right?

 


 

September 2011

 

I first met Yonghwa on the very first day of college, even before I knew Seohyun. He was my upperclassman by a year, and he just happened to be the president of the Music club.

 

So, our college had this event where all clubs would promote themselves to attract the freshmen to join. Let’s just say Yonghwa had me at hello. Another cliche, yeah. But it did happen. That day, he stood there on the terribly-made stage, an acoustic guitar slung over his shoulder, a crooked smile on his stupid, dumb face, and spoke with his deep yet cheery voice that I hated so much simply because I loved it too much.

 

He began to sing, and I ing lost it. It was like getting a hotflash, and I wondered if that was it, if that was how it was supposed to feel when you finally found your soulmate. But Yonghwa was still singing and strumming his guitar without a single glitch, so I knew it was nothing but a mere strong attraction on my part. Because if he really was my mate for life, he would have felt it, too, and somehow reacted. Unless he had really impressive self-control.

 

“Hello there, lovely freshmen!” His voice boomed through the speakers once the song was finished. “Our Music club is open to new members, so if you’re interested in music, feel free to visit our booth today right there,” he pointed to the white tent near the huge tree in the middle of the yard. “Or you can drop by our headquarter anytime on third floor, room 3J. You don’t have to be able to play any instrument, because we can teach you how! It’s all about fun but we can be serious, too. Just take a look at those trophies on our shelves,” He had said smugly, and a few freshmen around me laughed. “And besides, who knows? Maybe you’d be able to find your mates among us. Ah, though I’m out of the equation,” he leered, followed by loud disappointment groan from the girls. He seemed unfazed by that, and instead fixed his gaze somewhere on the far right side of the crowd (I was on the left). Even from a far distance, I could see the way his eyes softened as he said, “Here’s the encore, please enjoy.”

 

But anyone even with half a brain would have noticed that the so-called encore was solely for one person. He kept looking to the right side, to his mate, I was sure of it. To make things worse, he sang a ballad about soulmates, each word of its lyrics brought a pang on my chest.

 

Still, once his performance was done, I got up and approached the Music club’s booth, grabbed a New Member form, and filled it. But hey, I did love music, and could play guitar a bit. Jung Yonghwa might be out of reach figuratively, but not literally. I would get to know him in person, and get this stupid crush out of the way. And, just like he’d said, who knows? Maybe the one written in the stars for me was really there among them.

 


 

April 2012

 

It was the start of the second semester and I was proud to tell you that I no longer had to avert my gaze in attempt to calm my erratic heartbeat whenever Jung Yonghwa entered the room. Yay, me. However, I still didn’t dare to talk casually with him. Out of all the new members, probably I was the most distant one. Like, everyone else were practically best friends with him already, considering his talkative and too-friendly nature. But hey, no rushing, alright? Give it time, give it time.

 

To be honest, I didn’t even know what I’d gotten myself into by joining the Music club and voluntarily being exposed to his dazzling presence. I needed to get over this dumb crush, yes, but why? It wasn’t like I would have seen him often. He was an upperclassman, and therefore he basically existed and rotated on a different axis in this campus. It would be so, so easy to avoid him altogether.

 

When in doubt, this had always been my excuse: it was written in the stars.

 

I believed there must be some occurence later on, that would make me thank myself for this seemingly masochist decision.

 

And that day had come at last.

 

“Excuse me, are you Park Shinhye?”

 

I turned my head and looked up. A girl I didn’t recognize was hovering above me, smoothing down her strands of long brown hair awkwardly. She was really tall, and even as a girl myself, I thought she was gorgeous.

 

“Yes, I am,” I said. “Can I help you?”

 

The girl let out a small smile, stretching out a hand. “Hi, I’m Seo Joohyun. Just call me Seohyun, though. Um... it’s said on this paper that you are my project partner...”

 

“Oh , I’m sorry.” I rummaged through the scattered papers and books on my desk, looking for my assignment sheet. But to no avail. I really needed to get myself together and stop dozing off during classes. Well, I couldn’t help it. It was getting even harder to concentrate on subjects I didn’t even care about. This was too early for a life crisis, goddamnit.

 

“Right. I must have lost it,” I muttered, and regarded the girl—Seohyun—with apologetic, stiff smile. “Sorry that you end up with a clumsy dork like me as your partner.”

 

Seohyun laughed, covering gracefully. “No, no, not at all. You sort of remind me of someone I know,” She said fondly. “Can I take a seat?”

 

“Yeah, yeah, go ahead!” I cleared the empty seat beside me, removing my bag and music sheet folder. Seohyun thanked me and sat down.

 

“So, is it okay if we work on it today? Sorry, I prefer to have an early start. Will my house be okay?”

 

I nodded. “Yeah, sure, no problem.”

 

“Great!” Seohyun scratched the side of her neck, smiling sheepishly. “By the way, would you mind if... my mate joins us?” I raised an eyebrow incredulously, and she quickly added, “It’s just... he has some problems at his home, so...”

 

I held my hand up to stop her. “No, it’s cool. You don’t have to explain. It’s fine by me.” Though, I thought inwardly, it would not be fine if they did PDA while I was around. Be considerate to a mate-less girl, would ya?

 

“Thanks! So... what time would be convenient for you?”

 

“Well, I have guitar practice after this, so probably four PM?”

 

“You’re in the Music club?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

Her face lit up. “What a coincidence, my mate is a member, too. Actually, I was planning to wait for him, if the timing fits yours. And it does, how wonderful!”

 

Before I could ask him who her mate was, she was already turning on her heels. “I have to go to my calligraphy practice, so... see you later at the entrance gate, yeah?”

 

I nodded dumbly. “Sure. Four PM.”

 

“Four PM,” she repeated with a smile on her face. “See ya!”

 

And she was gone.

 

Calligraphy, huh? Well, that was fancy.

 


 

“Make your voice lower.”

 

I glowered at Jonghyun. “It can’t go any lower than this. Deal with it.”

 

He chuckled, halting his fingers’ ministrations on his guitar strings. “That’s no way to speak to an upperclassman.”

 

Rolling my eyes, I replied, “Who was it that said I should drop the formality?”

 

“You’re the one who asked me to teach you how to sing,” Jonghyun retorted back, totally avoiding my question.

 

“But it really can’t go any lower,” I whined. I knew I was being a brat, but singing was never my strongest forte. Six months as a member of the college’s prestigious Music club, I couldn’t help feeling sort of inadequate because I couldn’t sing as well as most of the members.

 

“You’re such a pain,” Jonghyun said, not unkindly. He was the vice president of the club, and probably the closest upperclassman I was with. In fact, I basically had no problem getting close to anyone here. Except for one person. Yeah, you-know-who.

 

Speaking of the devil, Jung Yonghwa chose this moment to open the door and called for Jonghyun. I put on my poker face right away, ignoring my heart hammering in my chest.

 

“What?” Jonghyun called back.

 

“I need you to go to the Student Council room and take care of this month’s budget.”

 

“What did they do now?” Jonghyun groaned. “Or rather, what did you do now?”

 

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Yonghwa making his way to where we were sitting. I cursed inwardly, frantically reciting the chords for the most complicated songs I knew to distract my mind. Damn it, Lee Jonghyun, why didn’t you get up and approach the president instead? That was the proper way, right? You were his underling!

 

Yonghwa took a seat beside Jonghyun, which was right across me. I gripped my guitar neck tightly. Up close, his nose was even sharper and his eyes were brighter and gosh, look at that jawline...

 

Calm down, Park Shinhye. Just calm the eff down.

 

“They cut down our budget. Again. Damn I think they must have a grudge against me. Considering all the trophies we brought to the school, this is too much, seriously.”

 

Jonghyun gave Yonghwa a judging stare. “Hyung, they do have a grudge against you. Remember that stunt you pulled at last year’s event?”

 

Clucking his tongue, Yonghwa shoved a stack of paper to Jonghyun’s chest. “You will manage it, somehow. Come on, just take a look, it would give you motivation.”

 

Jonghyun sighed and took the papers. He flipped to the last page and widened his eyes comically. “Are they ing with us?!”

 

Yonghwa nodded solemnly. “They are ing with us.”

 

“Goddamnit.” Jonghyun put his guitar down and stood up, ready to dash out of the room to settle things with the Student Council. In the last minute, though, he paused and looked at me apologetically.

 

“I’ll take it from here, don’t worry,” Yonghwa said, and Jonghyun was out of the room  just like that.

 

It happened too fast, and suddenly I was overwhelmed with the realization that Yonghwa was sitting in front of me, staring at me, speaking to me.

 

“Shinhye, right?”

 

“Y-yeah,” I stuttered. Great.

 

He smiled, picking up Jonghyun’s guitar. “Don’t be so nervous, I don’t bite,” he said with a wink.

 

He just winked at me, this was too cruel.

 

“You know me?” I asked with the quietest voice I could manage over the noise from various instruments reverberating in the room.

 

Yonghwa snorted. “I know each member in this club, Shinhye. So, yes, I do know you. You are a Journalism major, and you sang Justin Bieber’s ‘Baby’ during new member introduction session.”

 

I could feel my face heat up. “Shut up! That’s the easiest song I knew!” Not everyone was a guitar prodigy and a perfect singer like him or Jonghyun, okay?

 

Yonghwa threw his head back; laughing. I tried not to stare at the wide column of his neck. “I’m not making fun of you,” he said, still chuckling. “Just stating a fact. It’s good that you went with the song you’re comfortable with. You were having fun playing it, I remember. And that’s the most important thing: you had fun.”

 

Suddenly feeling embarrassed, I ducked my face. How could he do it? Somehow he managed to reassure me without patronizing at all. Now I know why many members loved to come to him for advice and even stayed after club hours to talk to him.

 

“That event Jonghyun mentioned... what is it about?” I asked, mainly because I was curious, but also to steer the topic away from my poor first performance.

 

“Ah, it was the college’ birthday. They always threw big event where they invited guests from different schools. Prestigious students, professors and other important figures from academic fields, you get it?” I nodded, and he continued, “it was my first event as the president. They gave us time slot to perform five songs right at the closing. Basically a showcase for ourselves. Anyway, the Student Council was very nervous because it was such a huge event that would reflect on the college’s reputation, and they meddled with the setlist too much, breathing down our necks.” He sighed at the memory. “And they told us to drop the metal song.”

 

For your information, our Music club totally accomodated all genres of music. Pop, jazz, classical, reggae, rock, punk, ska, grunge, hardcore, metal, and anything in between. The members’ skills and interests were very varied like whoa.

 

And so, for example, the members specialized in rock music would get together and compete in rock band competitions. And so on, and so forth. Hence, the many trophies displayed majestically on our shelves.

 

“Anyway,” Yonghwa went on, “it was unfair to exclude our members who had practiced hard on this metal piece. They were okay with playing other songs but I won’t let that happen. Besides, do you know that in our college, metalheads totally overrun any other fans of all genres?”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, it might be a coincidence but that’s the truth. Metalheads are everywhere here. Our club’s loyalty is to our peers, first and foremost. So, we ended up not taking it off of the setlist. Hongki cs performed it as the very last song.” Yonghwa paused to laugh contentedly. “The atmosphere was insane, you would kill to witness that! The crowd was thick and chaotic in the best way possible. The professors and other important stuck-up people were frozen in shock, and the Student Council guys were seething in anger.”

 

He laughed again, and I followed suit. His laugh was contagious. “After the event, they unanimously voted to replace me but then IU won the national solo guitarist competition, woman category. Hongki cs ended up getting love calls from local events—as I said, metalheads are everywhere in this area—and then this song I wrote won Samsung jingle contest—”

 

“No way!” I blurted out. “The jingle on that Samsung ad was yours?”

 

“Hell yeah, it was mine,” he said with obvious pride, yet not arrogantly. “It earned me generous amount of money, and even more prestige to inflate this college’s ego. Naturally, the Board decided to keep my position as the president because I clearly did not bring harm to the college unlike what the Student Council proposed. Logically, they should just chill because they didn’t even have anything to lose. Well, except for wounded pride, I guess. Maybe that’s why they’ve been hating my gut ever since.”

 

I grimaced. “That must have .”

 

He shrugged. “Sometimes. But my guys had fun, the crowd had fun. As long as this club is run by me, that’s our motto: we have fun.”

 

He ended his tale by flashing me a blinding smile. I in my breath. Why did I join this club again? To get over my crush? Really, Shinhye? Were you seriously that naive? Because look at you, sitting there in front of the object of your silly, pointless infatuation, feeling starstruck and breathless, just from listening to him talk. How pathetic could you get? Getting to know him in person did not help to get rid of my crush, but instead confirmed it.

 

“So,” Yonghwa said, putting a stop to my monologue. “What did you do with Jonghyun earlier before I enterrupted it? Anything I can help?”

 

I sternly commanded my brain cells to assemble and gave Yonghwa a proper answer, setting aside all crush-related thoughts. “Nothing much, he was just teaching me how to sing, and I had a hard time reaching low notes.”

 

“Maybe you just have a high pitch. Don’t force it.”

 

“I know, but this one song I really like begins with low notes...”

 

“Why don’t you just transpose the chords? Make them higher.”

 

“I can do that?”

 

Yonghwa raised an eyebrow, looking amused. “Who says you can’t? Here, I’ll show you. So there’s this pattern: 1-1-1/2-1-1-1-1/2. As long you remember it by heart, you’ll be able to transpose chords in your sleep. You just apply that pattern to C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C and you’re all set.”

 

When all I gave him in return was a blank look, he started chuckling while shaking his head. “Alright, give me a paper and a pen. I’ll illustrate the fretboard for you...”

 

I complied, and Yonghwa set my sketchbook on his lap. He then lowered his body, bowing his head down to draw his version of a fretboard replica. I could get a wift of his cologne from this distance. He smelt of leather, sandalwood, a hint of wild flowers... he just smelt so much like a man that I couldn’t help my blushing state. He scribbled notes here and there with concentrated look on his face, and here I was, trying to keep my blood circulation under control.

 

“Here, take a look. If you have any question, fire away.”

 

I took my sketchbook back and looked over the page. I didn’t understand a single thing.

 

“What does it mean?” I asked, pointing to his surprisingly neat drawing.

 

The next thirty minutes was spent by me trying to master the art of transposing chords with Yonghwa supervising. Once I got the gist of it, Yonghwa gave me a quiz which I managed to answer quite splendidly. The whole time, I somehow forgot about my huge crush on him. I told you, right? I joined the club not only because of him, but also because I did love music.

 

“Wow, look at that.” Yonghwa pointed to the clock on the wall. Fifteen minutes to four PM. He stood up. “Once you master barre chords, this is a piece of cake. You’re a quick learner, you’ll be fine.” Picking up Jonghyun’s guitar, he threw me another one of his illegal smiles. “I’m gonna check on the other guys before I end today’s practice. I’ll see you around?”

 

“Yeah. Thank you so much, Yonghwa sunbae.”

 

He grimaced at the title. “Come on, drop the sunbae, it sounds weird on me.”

 

“Right. Thanks, Yonghwa.”

 

“No problem, Shinhye. Good job today.”

 

And just like that, he walked away.

 

I released the breath I didn’t know I’d been holding. Phew. I just survived almost an hour alone with Jung Yonghwa without making a complete fool out of myself. It went surprisingly well. I managed to act like a functional, sane human being who apparently had no problem controlling her emotions.

 

I smiled to myself. Maybe I had nothing serious to worry about. Maybe I really could get over this crush someday. Maybe I would have a great time in this club from now on, without occasionally feeling like a deer in the headlights whenever Yonghwa was around.

 

Good job today, indeed.

 


 

Alas, my good mood did not last for long. It was a harsh reminder for me not to let my guards down even for a moment just because things were finally looking up and the Stars seemed to be in my favor for once.

 

When I reached the entrance gate, I spotted Seohyun right away. She was right on time. My respect for her grew.

 

But then I took in the scene properly. Seohyun was leaning on the stone wall beside the gate, laughing heartily at something that the guy in front of her said. The guy had his back on me, but I recognized that denim jacket so well and my stomach churned in dread.

 

Seohyun saw me from over the guy’s shoulder. She widened her eyes and waved slightly, gently pulling away from the guy, giving him room to turn around. I deemed it safe to finally make an appearance, so I walked closer to the pair, waving back at Seohyun.

 

The guy finally turned his body, and I wanted to weep. Great. Just great. It was Yonghwa. I knew it. I ing knew it.

 

“Shinhye, this is Yonghwa. Yonghwa, this is Shinhye,” Seohyun said. “Though I’m sure you guys must know each other already.”

 

Yonghwa lifted his eyebrows in surprise upon seeing me, before he smiled effortlessly, looking at Seohyun. “Nah, babe, we’ve known each other’s name for six months, but we only talked today.” He winked at me again. “Right, Shinhye?”

 

“Yup,” I exclaimed, trying to pretend that I didn’t feel like upon hearing Yonghwa call Seohyun 'babe'.

 

“Alright, you guys can tell me on the way,” Seohyun said, sounding amused.

 

No, Seohyun, I was not amused at all.

 


 

See what I said earlier? About how I believed that I’d thank myself profusely someday for my decision of voluntarily torturing myself on a daily basis by joining the Music club?

 

This was the moment.

 

Because, if only I wasn’t used to seeing Yongwa everyday, if only I hadn’t been training my face and emotion whenever Yonghwa was in my sight, if only I hadn’t been telling myself over and over again that Yonghwa was out of my league in so many senses, I wouldn’t have been able to pull this off. I wouldn’t have thought that I could survive being in the same room with Yonghwa and Seohyun, his mate for life.

 

As it happened, I survived just fine. All those self-torture really paid off. In fact, at some point, I even began to forget that Yonghwa was lying down in the corner of the room, eyes closed, earphones plugged on his ears, letting us do our project in peace.

 

So, no PDA at all. Thank the Stars for that. Seohyun also turned out to be a decent human being. She was smart and not nosy. She was great, which was annoying, really.

 

She excused herself to get us more tea and pastry. Once the door was closed, Yonghwa got up from his position and approached me.

 

“You guys done?” He asked sleepily, plopping down on the carpet beside me.

 

“Yeah,” I said curtly, crossing my arms in front of my chest in a defensive stance.

 

Yonghwa glanced at my crossed arms, and sighed. “Shinhye, do you hate me?”

 

I uncrossed my arms, looking at him. “No, I don’t!”

 

“It’s fine then.” He shrugged. “It’s just... I always wondered if you do. You used to avoid me like plague.” When I was about to deny, he beat me to it. “Don’t think I haven’t noticed. You get along with everyone in the club except me. Sometimes when I entered the room, you recoiled like a turtle under threats.”

 

I looked away. “Er... I don’t know, you’re just a bit intimidating.” It wasn’t completely a lie. That was part of the reasons.

 

He snorted loudly. “Intimidating? Me?”

 

“Well, yes. Have you seen yourself?” I threw my hands in exasperation. “You had this serious, intense look on your face everytime you gave us a briefing. As if you were saying, ‘just follow my damn orders’.”

 

He gaped at me, and I quickly elaborated, “It’s not a bad thing. You do give good advices and you always have a point. I guess you’re just really good at whatever you do... playing instruments, singing, composing, leading the club... It’s intimidating, you know. I just feel kind of inadequate around you, is all.”

 

Seohyun chose this second to open the door, carrying a tray containing tea cups and pastries. Yonghwa stood up, swiftly taking the tray from her hands.

 

“Yonghwa," Seohyun said. "Why are you blushing?”

 

Yonghwa ducked his head, busying himself arranging the cups and plates on the coffee table. “Your new friend there just flattered me like you would have no idea,” he grumbled.

 

Seohyun took her previous seat, laughing. “Oh, no...” she turned to me. “Yonghwa is weak to compliments. Don’t be too generous or else his inflated ego would make him explode one of these days.”

 

I let out a small laugh. “I’ll try to remember that.”

 

We then enjoyed the pastries and tea. The atmosphere was nice and comfortable. Yonghwa and Seohyun were bantering between bites while trying not to exclude me, kindly explaining the origins behind each of their inside jokes. After some time, I couldn’t hold back my curiousity.

 

“So, how long have you two known?”

 

They shared a look. Seohyun ended up answering. “It’s a long time ago. I think it’s when we were thirteen?”

 

“Yeah,” Yonghwa piped in. “She was thirteen. I was fourteen. We met at a Math Camp during Middle High School. I flunked math so bad, my mom forced me to go. But Seohyun here,” he ruffled Seohyun’s hair with such affectionate gesture that I almost looked away. “She has always been a Math geek and attending those camps voluntarily each year. She was so advanced that the committee decided to place her in my grade.”

 

“Math is good for you!” Seohyun protested.

 

Yonghwa rolled his eyes and gave me a pointed look, as if he was saying, ‘See? She’s weird, don’t listen to her.’

 

Despite my jealousy, I laughed sincerely. I couldn’t help to think that the two of them were adorable couple. Nobody would doubt that they were soulmates. They completed each other’s speeches and were so attuned with each other’s gestures and emotions. Earlier, Seohyun did not even hesitate to leave Yonghwa alone with another girl—me—in the same room. I guess that was one of the perks of being soulmates: they were so sure of each other that there was no room for insecurity.

 

There was no room for me in Yonghwa’s heart. There would never be.

 

You know what, maybe this really was just a ridiculous crush. Maybe I didn’t even like Yonghwa, but I was just inevitably attracted to the concept of a Jung Yonghwa in my life. A soulmate. A person who was made exclusively for me. A person created specifically to be with me. Somebody whose souls resonate with mine.

 

Yeah, maybe I was just desperate; a result of listening to my friends talking and gushing for years, about how great and awesome it was to be with their soulmates. How everything felt right, and you were constantly engulfed in the reassurance of the fact that you wouldn’t ever need to look for anyone else.

 

Yonghwa would never look my way.

 

That’s right, Shinhye. Just carve it deep into your thick skull, and you’d get over this crush in no time.

 

You’d meet the one destined for you soon enough, and Jung Yonghwa would be nothing more than a distant memory, a reminder of your stupidity and youth, something for you lo laught at, something that wouldn’t hurt you anymore.

 

to be continued

 


 

Notes:

Well, first of all, thanks for reading until the end, because I know it’s rather long. I hope you like it and deemed it worthy of your time ^^;;

I plan this fic to be slow-build, but since I personally dislike writing too-many-chaptered stories, I decided to break it down in a few long chapters instead (10 chapters at most).

 Also, I’m sorry if I make you bored with the long scenes containing guitar-stuff, but I’m afraid this is not going to be the last time. Because, to be honest, in my head, Yonghwa could be many things, but at the same time, he would always be that guy who is passionate about guitar and music in general. So, naturally, when I write about Yonghwa, guitar and/or music is never out of the picture. Any of you who had read my other Yonghwa fics before probably would have noticed it, heheh.

I know in this fic I wrote Yonghwa and Seohyun as a happy couple who don’t seem to break it off any time soon, but I promise you this fic is Yongshin. Be patient, we’ll be there! :)

 Last, thank you so much for reading, subscribing, upvoting, and giving feedbacks! Please don’t hold back of you have anything to say, because even though I don’t always reply (y wifi !), I do read each comment I receive, and it makes my whole day! Your comment saves a writer’s life ^___^