The Ring

MARRIAGE PLAN

MARRIAGE PLAN

CHAPTER II

The Ring

Wednesday, 21 th October 2015

The fun atmosphere was covered them. But not to Da Eun who sat with gawking face. Several times she tried to resuscitate herself with blinked repeatedly. But still end up with failure,

Self awareness effort managed to do this time. Of course. Because she was able to lift her head and looked grim toward Yoon Gi and Yoo Hyeon in front of her.

Da Eun enforcing body that feels tense while Yoo Hyeon engrossed in conversation with Yoon Gi and his mother.

"I didn’t expect," middle-aged woman pointed Da Eun then Yoo Hyeon, "You two are friends."

Yoo Hyeon chuckled. "I was also surprised. Da Eun never told about her childhood friend," she said. Da Eun who couldn’t say anything, just smiled grimly.

Yoo Hyeon pat Yoon Gi gently. "Yoon Gi also never tells his childhood friend to me," she said with a frown. Da Eun tried to swallow, wetting that feels hot. No. Not only , but also the face and body.

Yoon Gi smiled warmly. "Because you never asked me."

Da Eun rolled her eyes. She felt really dizzy now. Why is this? She even still wish this was all just a dream, although earlier she had pinched her own arm with a hard and it was ing sore.

"Da Eun worked in fashion magazines. I asked her to pick out a dress for me," said Yoo Hyeon.

The middle-aged women raised eyebrows. "Is it true? I don’t doubt if it yourselves, Da Eun. You're really great in dress, make-up, and other girl stuffs," the woman threw her view from Da Eun to Yoo Hyeon and stared. "You have to follow her advice."

Yoon Gi giggled. "Fashion magazine? Ridiculous," Yoon Gi laugh making Da Eun’s eyes narrowed. "What?" How could he say that?

"The dream of childhood had achieved?" he muttered as if to ask. Da Eun clenched jaw. Her black eyes staring in Yoon Gi’s.

She then turned her head and stood up. "I will prepare a drink for you,"

Da Eun dashed off to the kitchen. She had to find a place to breathe. She stood on the edge of the table and took a deep breath. She continued to heave and sigh.

Yoo Da Eun stared down at her fingers that hold the edge of the table. Focused on one point. White ring on her right finger.

"You see?" Yoon Gi raised his hand. The beautiful white ring circular on his finger.

Da Eun frowned. "What?"

Click!

Da Eun surprised. White ring on hers and Yoon Gi’s finger was sticking. Da Eun smiled broadly. "Great."

Yoon Gi smiled. "This ring will stick if you brought them near."

"Why did you give me this ring?"

Yoon Gi stared softly to Da Eun. "So you know I'm not going to go away from you."

"What?"

"This ring will stick if brought them near. How far they are separate, when they meet they will be back together. Likewise with me. As far as I have to separate from you, I'll keep coming back to you. "

Da Eun long sigh. Her eyes were moist and red. Back to me? Nonsense!

She looked back when footsteps heard. Yoo Hyeon came out from behind the wall and walked closer. "What?" asked Da Eun to Yoo Hyeon while she taking a black mug from the shelf above her. "I want to make hot chocolate," Yoo Hyeon said.

Hot chocolate?

"For Yoon Gi. He likes hot chocolate," she continued.

Chest tightness against Da Eun’s chest again. Yoon Gi’s name so suffocating her. She just hoped Yoo Hyeon stop calling his name.

Yoo Hyeon walked away after making a hot chocolate. Not long after Da Eun followed with a tray of three cups of tea in hand.

She put the tray on the table. Before she succeeded in removing each cup from the tray, the movement stopped when she looked at the two small black boxes on the table.

The ring ...

"Huh?" Yoo Hyeon’s voice resuscitate Da Eun. She pulled up her head and found Yoo Hyeon pointing hand. Da Eun follow the direction of the index finger of Yoo Hyeon’s and stunned

Yoo Hyeon laughed. "Why your ring as same as this one?" She picked up one box and pulled out a white ring on the inside. "If you wear it, I guess I’m, too," she said lightly.

Da Eun couldn’t do anything. But one thing she could do.

Da Eun glanced to Yoon Gi and his hands whom busy holding the phone.

She saw Yoon Gi fingers one by one.

She winced.

She repeated again.

Keep repeating.

Until she was realized.

That ring was no longer on Yoon Gi’s finger.

**************************************************

Da Eun ambled over with her head down. She decided to left Yoo Hyeon’s home after Namjoon called her and said that he was waiting for her at the office. Da Eun left the area as soon as she arrived earlier

Distrust still prop. Yoo Hyeon. Yoon Gi. Wedding. She had no idea. She felt really frustrating.

Frustating as Yoo Hyeon getting married.

With Yoon Gi.

And she could only watch silently.

"Watch the road," Da Eun immediately turned around quickly. Namjoon standing right behind her. His hand holding Da Eun’ s arm, pulled her back.

Namjoon lifted his head slightly toward the front of Da Eun. Pole which stood not far from her. "You could have hit it if I didn’t hold you."

Da Eun squirm, trying to release his grip from her. "Why are you here?"

Namjoon cram hand in his pocket. "I'm waiting for you at the office. I get bored and go to this cafe," he moved his head to the right again, pointing to the cafe behind him.

"So?" asked Da Eun again and walked away. Namjoon following behind.

"I heard Yoo Hyeon is getting married this Saturday."

Da Eun stopped.

"And I heard the man's ... your childhood friend."

Da Eun closed her eyes tightly.

"And I heard ..."

"Can you stop talking?" Da Eun looked straight and sharp on Namjoon. "I am sick of it."

Da Eun turned and sped up. Leaving Namjoon stood.

Namjoon folded hands. "Is he the one? The man? The ring? "

Da Eun turned and looked back at Namjoon closely.

"Of course it’s him right? You won’t be like this if it was not that mana," said Namjoon flat. Da Eun put on a flat face.

"I told you," Namjoon cocked his head, still staring straight Da Eun. "He won’t come back to you."