SiBum

Shinee Cafe 2

With the whole drama between Kyuhyun and Sungmin figures out everyone felt like they could finally release a sigh of relief. The two had a couple of babysitting experiences with little Eunhae and Onew had learned that while she was a naughty child by any means, she still was young and energetic. She wore her two uncles out easily and by the time the pair dropped her back off to her parents they looked ready to pass out. But they did love the little girl. So even though she wore them out they always jumped on the idea of baby sitting her again and again.

They were just finishing up a typical babysitting day with Eunhae and were waiting for Donghae to pick her up. There was a familiar ring of the doorbell and they all looked over expecting to see her dad. But the one who did come in was Kibum. The actor looked like he hadn't slept in days and his eyes were red. Onew was the first to head to him and gently lead him to a table.

"Hey," he said softy to the man. "Are you okay."

Kibum shook his head gently. He could barely look up to the man. Onew could tell that something was really bothering him. But he didn't feel like he was as close to him as some of the other hyungs so he felt like he wasn't in any position to talk about personal matters with him.

"So Donghae hyung will be here soon to pick up Eunhae. Do you want me to tell him you are here?"

Kibum seemed to hesitate before nodding. Onew returned the nod before getting the man a glass of water. Kibum looked rather relieved at the water and took three giant gulps before setting it on the table. Onew left the man alone and made a point to tell the others this as well. The afternoon went on as normal and it was finally the time Donghae came in to pick up his daughter.

The young man had a bright smile as he lifted her in the air and cooed sweetly at her. Eunhae giggled adorably as she waved her hands about and smiled at her daddy. Donghae exchange a few words with Sungmin before the other man left. He was waving to a giggly Eunhae who was getting lots of loving attention from her daddy. Onew was slightly envious of the whole exchange since he was still working on his fear of babies, but remembering Kibum distracted him of this. Tapping Donghae on the shoulder he silently pointed to where the man's friend was sitting. Donghae looked surprised before making his way over.

"Kibum what a surprise!" He said as he shifted the baby to his hip. "What have you been up to lately?"

"Oh a few things. Some commercials here and there. And I am working on a movie that should be out next summer." He said with a small smile. But it wasn’t a bright one like he usually wore and Donghae noticed this right away.

"Kibum? Is something the matter?"

"You could say that." The man admitted.

Donghae gave a nod before pulling his phone out. He pressed a few buttons and held it to his ear.

"Hyukkie? Look Eunhae and I will be a little late tonight. I bumped into Kibum at Shinee and we are going to catch up for a bit. I know you have dinner almost ready and I'm sorry. Please don’t be mad. Don’t lie to me, I can see your pout all the way here." Donghae smiled softly. "I love you too and I promise to tell you when we are on our way home."

Kibum felt a little guilty as Donghae put the phone in his pocket and sat across from his friend. He looked like he was going to apologize but Donghae shook his head.

"Don’t worry about that. Hyukkie won't stay angry at me. He knows how important our friendship is. I think he just wants to play with Eunhae and now he has to wait."

Kibum nodded at this with a small laugh. Both parents were like that when it came to the baby. She clearly was their entire world now.

"Now. Tell me what's wrong."

Kibum seemed to hesitate on this. He played with the napkin on the table with his hands as he worked on gathering his thoughts. Donghae patiently waited as he watched his friend. Finally Kibum looked up again and Donghae was surprised to see his eyes red.

"Siwon broke up with me." He admitted softly.

"What!" Donghae began to seethe. "I'm going to kill him. Why the f- um, what happened?" He caught himself before he swore in front of his daughter. Donghae had a feeling Eunhyuk would be really angry if he swore in front of their daughter.

"I'm not too sure to be honest. We haven't been seeing each other a lot lately because of our work. And every time we did he seemed always so tense and distracted. So I don’t know what was wrong. Every time I asked he always brushed it off. And then last weekend he showed up at my door and said he couldn’t do this anymore and broke up with me." Kibum felt some tears slip down his face. "Hyung, what did I do wrong?"

In a flash Donghae went from his side of the table to the other. He wrapped an arm around Kibum shoulder and brought the younger close. Kibum began to cry harder but he barely made a sound. He just allowed himself to be comforted. It was obvious to anyone there that the young man has been going through a lot of stress over this. Donghae didn't say anything just cooed at him in a gentle voice as he tried to get his emotions together. Onew noticed all of this and was good at keeping everyone away from the pair. It would do no good for Kibum if a fan or the paparazzi found him in a wailing mess while being held by another man. He didn’t know how public their relationship was, but he knew how people worked. And he didn’t want his hyung to go through any extra unnecessary pain.

As Donghae worked on calming down Kibum neither men noticed little Eunhae reach a hand up and put it on Kibum's teared face. The crying man hiccupped in surprise before looking down at the baby girl. She had a sad look on her face as she patted his cheek. Donghae chuckled at this.

"Even my daughter is trying to make you feel better." He said with a smile. "She is telling you it's okay Uncle Kibum. It will get better soon."

Kibum blinked at her before a small smile appeared on his face. He gently took her hand in his and kissed the finger tips.

"Thank you Eunhae. I am starting to feel better now." He said in a watery voice. But it seemed to be enough because the baby girl smiled back at him. He released the hand and looked at Donghae.

"Are you feeling better?"

"A little. Thanks hyung. I am sorry I cried all over you."

Donghae laughed.

"Don’t worry about it. Hyukjae cries all over me all the time. He is quite the cry baby. But don’t tell him I told you that."

Kibum laughed. "I won't. I would hate to be responsible for your death."

"That would be good." He agreed with a grin. "Would you like to come back to our place for dinner?"

"It's okay hyung. I should get home."

"Are you sure? Hyukkie won't mind if you came along, I promise. I don’t want you to be alone right now."

Kibum gave a bitter laugh.

"It's okay, really. I think I need a night alone to get myself put together again. But if it makes you feel better, we can meet up for lunch tomorrow?"

"I would like that."

The two of the stood up from the booth. Donghae shifted Eunhae a little before pulling the younger into a tight hug. Kibum returned it before pulling away. He pecked the girl on the forehead before looking at Donghae with a smile that was more like him than any of the others.

"Thank you again, hyung. For everything. I will call you when I get home to talk about tomorrow okay?"

"Take care Kibum. I will see you tomorrow then."

Kibum gave a small wave as he left the café. It was quiet for a moment before Onew cautiously made his way over. Even though Donghae seemed calm there was a dark look in his eyes as he stared at seemingly nothing. Onew was about to say something when Donghae turned to him suddenly. The look on his face made him jump, and seemed to break him from his intense thoughts as he also jumped.

"Oh! Onew! How long were you there?"

"Only a minute hyung. I just wanted to see if everything was okay."

"Yes. Everything is fine. Or, it will be in good time. But don’t worry about it. I will take good care of Kibum. And for a lot of people's sake, let's hope I don’t run into Siwon any time soon."

"Um…" Onew didn’t know what to say to that last one.

"Sorry, but I better get going. Hyukkie is probably wondering where I am." Donghae smiled at Onew. "Have a good day Onew, I will probably see you tomorrow."

"Good night hyung. See you tomorrow."

Donghae left the café and Onew watched him go. He could only shake his head and sigh as he cleaned up the table the two men were sitting at. He had no idea what the future would bring now that Siwon and Kibum were over. It was something he never actually considered in the café. That all his happy hyungs would not last in the couples that they worked so hard in building. Is that what this year was to be? Relationships seemed to grow so differently for each couple that came through here. A proposal, a move, an employee quitting, a baby, a potential break up, and now an official break up. Add with Shindong and Nari's soon to be wedding and it has made for an eventful year. But perhaps he was thinking too much into it right now. There was always tomorrow after all.

***

Tomorrow came all too quickly. Onew was cleaning up some tables after their lunch rush when the doors jingled. Looking up he wasn’t too surprised to see Kibum and Donghae entering. But he was surprised to see Eunhyuk with them. The trio walked up to him and greeted him.

"Good afternoon hyungs." Onew returned with a smile. "Would you like a menu for lunch or should I just stop by in a bit?"

Donghae glanced at his lover and friend before smiling at Onew. Onew seemed to understand what the man was requesting and brought the party over to a table. He put a single menus on the table and left to get the trio some drinks. As soon as Minho realized that Donghae was there he went over to chat with them. Onew stopped by long enough to drop off their drinks and told Minho to take their orders. As he was making his way back to the counter the door jingled again telling him another customer had arrived. He turned to greet the man but the words died in his mouth. Because out of all the people he was expecting today, Choi Siwon was not one of them. The actor didn't seem to sense the danger he just walked into as he greeting the other with a polite smile and a waved hand. Onew could stare at him in horror. He looked over his shoulder to see that thankfully no one else has noticed his arrival. But if Donghae's dark muttering yesterday was any indication than he needed to get the man out of there fast. And hopefully before the others saw him.

His body finally seemed to move as he quickly made his way over to where Siwon stood. He had opened his mouth to try and get the man to leave but before he could say anything his feet decided to get tangled up together and he was suddenly falling to the ground. He had put out a hand to catch himself but only succeeded in pulling the chair next to him down to the floor with him. The loud crashing sound drew everyone attention and they all turned to see what had happened. On the floor Onew cursed his clumsy body to hell and back. He was pulled out of his curses by someone offering a hand to him.

"Onew are you all right?" Siwon asked him in concern.

"Um, yeah. I am fine. Just tripped over my own feet. Happens all the time." He said as he accepted the hand. Siwon easily pulled him to his feet and helped him brush off some of the dirt on his clothes. Onew was looking for an opportunity of getting Siwon out of the café but before he could say a word the one person he did not want to see Siwon was there.

"Siwon?" Kibum's soft voice called out to him.

Onew felt like everyone and everything in the café froze at that moment. Even people who had no idea who the two were could tell with that one name there was something very serious going on. Siwon slowly turned to look where Kibum was. The pair made a painful eye contact across the room and it seemed like Donghae noticed him as well.

"Choi Siwon." He growled like an angry animal. "How dare you come here today."

Donghae was beginning to get to his feet with a look of pure hatred towards the actor. If looks could kill then Siwon would already be six feet under. Eunhyuk also jumped to his feet but it was to grab his irate lover more than anything. The man was having a hard time restraining his lover but he kept a tight hold on his arm.

"Donghae! You need to calm down!" Eunhyuk snapped at his lover.

"Calm down?! What I need to do is give that bastard what he deserves." He snapped back but didn’t struggle as much. It was obvious Donghae was much stronger than Eunhyuk and would not want to hurt him if possible.

Everyone in the café was now watching the scene in front of them. The one thing Onew did not want to happen in his café was doing just that. But he was struggling on how he should go about it now. If he got involved Donghae's anger may be directed at him and he wasn’t sure he was ready to deal with the man. It was very rare to see him angry and Onew didn’t want to know if he was as violent as he seemed at that moment. Siwon seemed to share his feelings because he made no attempt to come closer to the trio or defend himself. He merely watched with those expressive eyes he had. The other members of Shinee were all in the café part as well as they watched the drama unfold. They had spaced themselves around the room but close if they need to jump in. Onew was about to speak when someone beat him to it.

"Hyung, its okay. Please calm down." Kibum said as he stood up.

"But!!" Donghae started before the younger man held up a hand.

"We are causing a scene, and by we I mean you. Lets handle this as adults." Kibum said with a sad smile. He made his way over to Siwon and Onew. Onew stepped to the side so the two men could talk.

"Siwon." He began with a nod of his head.

"Kibum." Siwon gently replied. "I wasn’t expecting any of this to happen."

"Does any one ever expect any of this to happen?" There was a bitter laugh let out. "No its fine. I know I am not handling this break up the way I should and I am sorry you had to deal with all this public drama."

Siwon had a sad smile on his face.

"I didn’t handle this right as well. You and I have so much a head of us and we were just were so busy. I think we were both just struggling trying to juggle both. But I never actually talked to you about it and just made the decision myself. I am sorry. I did care very much about you."

Onew bit his lip. This whole scene look like something straight out of a drama. And with both of them being actors he figured that should be expected. But still it was hard to not get too in. Kibum was staring at the ground for a few minutes before he looked up. There was a smile on his face.

"I hope one day we can be friends again. I think we were very good as friends and I would hate to not be able to work together because of this."

"I agree. We made a good team either way." Siwon held out a hand. "Kibum I pray for all the best for you."

"You too Siwon." Kibum took the hand.

Siwon gave a nod before he turned to Donghae and Hyukjae. He gave the two a polite bow but did not go over. It was probably for the best. Donghae was still seething it looked like but he was in much better control over it. Siwon then turned to Onew.

"I am sorry for the scene we caused. Perhaps it will be best if I leave here for the day. I hope to be back another time soon."

"Its okay. Thank you for handling this as well as you all did. And we would love to have you again." Onew said with a smile. And he meant it. Siwon was a good man who was going through a hard time with Kibum. But just because they were broken up doesn’t mean that they couldn’t still have friends here.

Siwon gave a final nod and wave and then left the store. His departure seemed to break the spell that shrouded the room. Everyone suddenly went back to their conversations and tasks. Onew looked at Kibum who had made his way back to Donghae and Hyukjae. The two men watched him with concerned looks.

"Kibum…"
"Hyung, I am okay. Or I will be soon. I think we just needed to breath first and I was so emotional first. We jumped to quick into this I think. And never figured it out with our work. And that is what hurt us. We are too involved with our professional jobs and not enough on the relationship."

"It doesn’t mean this is forever either. If you two are meant to be then it will happen. You just need to keep an open heart." Hyukjae added.

Kibum smiled at this. He gave a nod to them.

"Tomorrow is another day. And there is so much time left there is no point dwelling on this forever. I am glad I have friends like you. And a place like this to go to. I will be fine."

Onew had heard all of this and felt encouraged by it. He knew they would get past this. There was a strength that Kibum had that Onew was rather envious about. And yet he knew that it will all end well. As Hyukjae had said, nothing last forever and time heals all. And Kibum was correct about it tomorrow being another day. He just needed to have faith in his hyungs and all will end well. After all that is all they can do.