Chapter 1

Our sin

Warning : Age-gap and .  Very random too.

I'm sorry, I made you wait this story was supposed to be one chapter, I will still try to make this story as short as possible (not too many chapter) but honestly I'm not very sure of what I'm doing but I'll try to make a story that everyone can enjoy reading !

 

Hope you'll like it. :)

 


 

 

 

Everything began with a woman and a man falling in love, later as their romance was going on, they had a child together then two, together they raised four children, working in a restaurant, and saving money, then they had their own restaurant then they saved money again. When they could afford a house they got it  for their children. Children grow healthily,were going to schoo ect.. 

Happy and perfect family. Very average but never asking for more.

 

We were just a plain and boring family. Mother Father, two girls, two boys.

 My sister Cho A was the first, my brother Jae Hyo the second, the third was my other big sister Kyungri and the last was me : Se Hun. Best always at the end.  I was the youngest. I had a caring and loving family, the best you could ask for.  My parents made sure that we never missed anything. They did their best to raise us, even if they worked their off in the restaurant they always found time for us. When they couldn’t my sisters and my brother would be here to have my back. Whatever I was the youngest, the lucky one that everyone loved and spoiled.

 

 

 

My parents were running a restaurant and soon, their children, us, worked one by one in the restaurant. Sisters and brother worked, and I did it. Serving never interested me but I ended working in the restaurant like everyone in the family. I started working around my twenty-five the later I could, as a waiter. At this time the oldest sister had already found another job, teaching rich kids as a private tutor. Big bro was still working and my second sister had found something else to do more interesting than serving, but it was very different for her.

 

She got pregnant. Supposed to be a one night stand between them. And it happened that Kyungri fell in love with the man, unfortunately he didn’t return her feeling.

My parents were furious. Kyungri was supposed to be the wisest of the four, the most intelligent, they had huge expectation for her, they wanted her to become a lawyer or something like that. She always listenned to them, she wasn't the type of person to do crazy stuff- no she was Kyungri. Because Kyungri was responsible and rational, the thought of her being pregnant was ridiculous. They wanted her to abort, they were so disappointed of her, it was an accident after all and their perfect daughter couldn’t be pregnant at the age of nineteen. She became their shame whereas she was their pride. The hate they felt toward the man who did this to their daughter was so.. So high that they chased Kyungri of the house. 

But the father of her baby was ready to take responsibility, he was a man of honor and he was ready to raise the child with Kyungri and this is what they did. Before the baby was born, Kyungri disappeared with the man she loved without saying goodbye, a Monday morning, her bedroom was empty, only the bed and the desk remained the bed was made and.. well it seemed that no one had ever lived here, our house didn’t seem to have keep a single trace of her presence after that, like a ghost she disappeared. As if the years she spent in the house and the nineteen years old Kyungri never existed here.

 

 

 

After two years, Kyungri was finally back, this time she wasn’t alone, in her arm she held a tiny and little baby, looking so frail and so pure and so was her smile, Kyungri’s smile was the purest, there was happiness in her smile and love in her eyes. Kyungri seemed happy as if she had bloomed, the smile she had was the brightest I ever seen on her face. Beyond expectation, next to her was Seulong the father, ( with the time he returned her feeling ) he wasn’t the surprise though, what he was holding in his arms was. Another baby even smaller than the first, sleeping as if the world was a calm and peaceful place.

Mum, practically in tears when she held the baby or when she enlaced her daughter after two long years, seemed relieved to see her child being alive and healthy. My parents had already forgave Kyungri long ago, since the moment she was gone. When she disappeared the only thing who remained in their heart, was regret, words were coming out too fast without being thought twice, it was anger, it was when mouth moved faster than the thinking capacity of the brain. They didn't meant it when they wanted her out of their life, they were just too angry.

 

 

Min Ah was the name of the first baby, after she was born Kyungri got pregnant again and gave birth of a boy, naming him Min Ho and for her it was the beginning of her very own family.

 

 

I was uncle at fourteen, then two years passed and Min Ah was two and her brother was only one and I learned it only when Kyungri came back. Two years later I only knew I was uncle. I was only sixteen when I learned Min Ah and Min Ho’s existences.

 

 

After this visit the they were gone for another seven years in a town far away from us giving from times to times short phonecalls  and when Kyungri and Seulong broke up, Seulong left the children to their mother and visited them as often as possible although his relation with Kyungri was tense when he visited his children. Unfortunately for him he still loved her, sadly she stopped loving him. Kyungri left Seulong wounded but no one knew, but somehow I could tell when I observed his eyes, there was this hint of sadness, and sadness was something I could tell easily, I saw it too many times in the eyes of my parents when Kyungri disappeared. No one knew that he'd been hurt by the separation because he was a proud man, that walked with his head lifted and back, straight, a man that walked with pride even when no one watched him. He never showed anything about him,  he was silent, and there was something about him that made people want to learn more about him. Maybe that was what attracted my sister, maybe, once she knew what kind of guy he was, she grew tired and threw him away like a kid with a toy. 

When Min Ah was eight they were gone together, Kyungri and Seulong, again in another town far away from us, it lasted two years though before Kyungri and her children were back, setting up in familial house. She had hurt his pride twice, I felt sorry for him, because Kyungri was a cold and calculative woman, she always were.

 

Kyungri sent Min Ah in a boarding school for her first year in middle school far away from the house and during the two years they stayed here, Min Ah stayed only a year before getting in the boarding school. She cried, I wasn't here but Min Ho told me, she didn’t want to go, but no one in the family said a word. Cho A was gone for a while and Jae Hyo left the house not long after Min Ah turned five. Min Ah even called her father who came as soon as he got the call, Min Ah was crying when she called her father, and her father was lost in front of this situation he didn’t know, Min Ah had felt abandoned by her mother and no one was beside her to support her, to reassure her, that was how she felt, and I couldn't do anything because I was.. Only me.  Maybe it was for the best his father said trying to convince her as he was holding her in his arm and he did a better job than my sister. And finally she was gone for another year, I heard that she enjoyed her first year in middle school  even if it was in boarding school, that she had good grade, that was good for her. But I saw it that the kids weren’t happy with us, I knew it. Sadly I accepted the fact that they might have hated us. 

 

At the end of the year Min Ah begged her mother to let her live with their father. Min Ho joined her and Kyungri finally gave up and asked Seulong to take them, the look she had when she told Seulong was so tired and sad that no one had the gut to say something. Maybe if she sent them to their father she could rest and regain some strength or something like that.

Min Ho and Min Ah lived three years with their father, and they still lived with him. It was inevitable, it would have happened sooner or later, it was a fact.

 

And facts were something I learned to accept fast with the time.

 

 

Min Ah was fifteen when she passed her first phonecall, asking us if she could spend  the Christmas holiday with us. She was already in High school, and I was practically thirty. Twenty- eight to be precise and I still lived with my parents because they had a big house, so enough place for me and maybe I was too lazy to move and well.. they didn’t care either. I was the last of their children who stayed and maybe a house for them was too much. Silence in a house is hard to bear, I can understand.

 

 

For me, to find Min Ah conversing with my parents in the kitchen was the most unexpected thing I was thinking of, they were grandparents simply conversing with their grandchild but it never really happened in the past so.. A great feeling of nostalgia travelled though my body like chills. It was like watching me talking with them in the past, but instead, now it was a girl. Watching mother from my spot I noticed the look she threw at my niece, love, care, happiness, joy. It was so warm. And everything for her, even if they didn’t spent a lot of time together, even if she didn’t knew her that much. You could know from afar the love she felt for her grandchild. She couldn’t stop looking her with tenderness, she caressed her cheek and called her beautiful. Saying that she grew too fast ‘you look even more like your mother’, when she noticed me she sent me a smile and got up motioning me to take sit and talk to her too, with that she went at the other side of the kitchen searching for something to nibble. My father has a small smile on his face and was asking her about how she was doing in school and life. And she slightly blushed and laughed hiding her smile behind her hand. She talked about her life school and some of her hobby without noticing that a pair of eyes was looking at her and when her sparkly brown like coffee eyes  finally noticed my presence she turned her head toward me and her whole face enlightened as she smiled with her pretty white and aligned teeth, her eyes disappearing as her smile grew wider with the little blush of earlier which didn’t fade. And I felt obligated to sit next to her with a smile drawing naturally on my lips as I approached her, kissing her cheek before I sat, ready to discuss with the lady.

 

‘Hey Uncle, it’s been a long time, how you’re doing ?’ Min Ah had a soft voice, so soft that I almost didn’t hear, was her voice was this soft before ? I never noticed, well maybe it was because she never really talked to me.

 

‘Fine.. What about you ?’ ‘Same.’ She responded with the same smile. The discussion went on, I learned a few things about her and I’m sure I didn’t say a word about me because I kept asking about her. She fascinated me, because she had a little bit of my blood and didn’t know anything about her, she was practically a stranger to me. She’s a part of my family. And I relaxed in my sit. She’s family.

 

‘And your brother ?’

 

Min Ah shook her head, closing her eyes then opening them to stare everywhere but me.

 

‘He didn’t come.’ She shortly replied without giving more information.

 

‘My sister ?’ Kyungri.

 

And Min Ah paused, raising an eyebrow, a few seconds before understanding then she answered by an answer which surprised me.                   She disappeared. And Min Ah didn’t seem to be joking when she answered.                   Again. I didn’t say a word and surprisingly it didn’t shocked me that much actually, not as much as I thought first. I think I was used, Kyungri did that a lot, when she encountered Seulong she disappeared two years before coming back and another seven years missing, then another three years this time giving her children to their father. I may had seen the kids during the two, seven or three years, but not a very much the longest time was probably six day before they were gone.

When they were gone I had no idea when they would come back neither did my parents. When she gave her children to their father, Min Ah too didn’t hear a single new about her mother, my parents didn’t do much, she wasn’t a child anymore she could do whatever she wanted to. Min Ho and Min Ah didn’t see her after living with their father. She disappeared, more like evaporated in nature. But strangely her daughter didn’t seem to be very much worried.  I felt like I didn’t know much of Kyungri, my own sister. I didn’t know what she liked, what kind of music she listened or what was her hobby. I practically knew nothing about her. What a shame, I was her brother.

Kyungri was a free spirit, she was like air, nothing stopped her, no one could catch her and once again she disappeared. Not even her own children stopped her.  Yeah, Kyungri disappeared.

 

What kind of mother was Kyungri, Kyungri herself was a mystery, an enigma, a puzzle that no one could understand, resolve or answer.

 

Closing my eyes then massaging my temples, I felt like a weight was put on my shoulders and I sighed. Casting a quick glance a the time on the microwave, I glanced at Min Ah, it was nearly six o’clock in the evening, I looked up at Min Ah again who was staring at me curiously. Was I looking funny ? And I sighed again, she was my family and maybe though that we would tie more bond between us.

 

‘Want to come with me ?’ I proposed her with a little grin.

 

‘Where ?’

 

‘Work.’ And she raised an eyebrow before asking if her cloths were alright for work.

 

‘Don’t worry, you’re family and in a restaurant the most important is the food.’ 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Tell me what you think in a comment !

XOXO have a nice day. :)