Nolstagia

Back From Where We Started

Seungyeon’s POV

The morning sun woke me up from my sleep as it shone brightly at me. Even though the brightness of the light may irritate me a little, I’m really excited for today. November 25th. Today is the 3rd anniversary of prince charming, Nam Woohyun and her princess Han Seungyeon. I giggled at the thought of calling myself a princess, because I was used to Woohyun calling me that like for almost every day.

After getting onto the show “Flower Bouquet” together with Infinite and the “love proposal” Woohyun presented to me, we took the chance to get to each other better. Even though I was doubting whether did he show it for the sake of the show or does he really like me. Day by day he assured me with everything he got that he was serious for his words. Eventually, we get together, regardless of our of three years. I love him for being him. His dorkiness, his voice, his character, everything. Thankfully, both of our agencies did not stop us from getting involved in a relationship and even supported us. Even our group members and fans are a huge fan of what they called a “Wooyeon” ship.

A week before this special day, I discussed with my manager that I would wish to take a day off to celebrate this special day and my understanding manager happily agreed to it. Woohyun on the other side managed to took a day off as well. I wonder what plans had he made for both of us today and I swear if anyone was in my room would see my smiling like an idiot.

Just then, I heard a soft beep coming from my mobile phone. It must be Woohyun! I immediately reached for my phone which was under my pillow and lied on my back. I swiped the incoming text message alert on my phone and read it carefully.

 

From: Hyunnie ^^~

Good morning my lovely Princess Seungyeon! How’s your sleep? Happy 3rd Anniversary to you and me <3 Lets stay this way forever and ever hmm?

But sorry baby, I have a sudden schedule today that popped out of nowhere. So that means I could not spend our 3rd anni together. Mianhe my princess :(

But do know that I sarang you forever okay!!!

 

After reading his message, all I could do was to let out a heavy sigh. Didn’t his manager plan to have him rest for today? Why did he still have his schedule today? A part of me was wishing that he could spend his time with me today, but another part was trying to understand that he is an idol as well and idols have unpredictable amount of work to do. So I brought out a smile within me before replying to Woohyun’s message.

 

To: Hyunnie ^^~

Good morning my prince! My sleep was great, all thanks to the chamomile tea that I had the last night. Happy Anniversary to you too, my love :3 and yes we need to be together forever and ever! Since you have work today, then it’s alright! We can celebrate it some other day. Hwaiting for your work later! Love you always <3

Just when I was about to fret about what to do for the rest of the day, my mobile phone rang. I quickly answered the phone, hoping it was one of the girls. Thankfully, I recognised the voice from the other side of the call.

 

“Hammy unnie!” Youngji exclaimed. “I need your help!”

“What’s the matter baby Heo? Is something wrong?” I let out a worried tone, afraid that something bad might had happened to her.

“Aniyo, I just needed to find a replacement for my guest appearance for one of the shows today because I have something on urgently. I asked both Gyuri and Hara unnie but they have their own schedules as well. So I was hoping that you could do this small favour for your favourite dongsaeng.” Youngji pleaded, and I could imagine her doing her aegyo while pleading me.

“Of course I could help you. But don’t I need to prepare before I head up for the show?”

“Rest assured unnie, you just have to be yourself and answer the host’s questions confidently. I’m sure you would be able to do well! Gomawo!”

“Well alright then. Remember to treat your hammy unnie food.” I laughed jokingly and ended the phone call.

Well, at least I have plans for today. Something to keep myself occupied.

 

 

After picking out a white chiffon blouse, a pair of blue jeans and a pair of wedges, I got myself ready with minimal amount of makeup applied.

“MBC Broadcast station…” I mumbled to myself while reading the text that Youngji had sent not long after our call ended. Within 15 minutes of car ride, I’ve reached the broadcasting station. I was instructed to go to the 3rd level for the show. Once the lift door opens, two familiar looking people were standing at the side of the pillar, one was crossing his arms as if he was waiting for someone to come and another who was busy playing his mobile game. When I walked further to take a closer look, I was surprised at the sight of them.

 

“Myungsoo? Sungjong?” I called out, and the guys stopped what they were doing and looked up to see me at their sight.

“Noona you are here!” Myungsoo exclaimed with his smile showing on his handsome face.

“Oh yes I’m here. Are you guys expecting me to come?” I raised an eyebrow, still confused as to why both of them are here.

“Of course I am, noona. We would be on the same live broadcasting show today later on! Didn’t Youngji tell you that?” Sungjong blinked a few times before I blinked with him.

“Together. Youngji didn’t tell me that. Aish, that pabo. She must have left out that part. And when you said “together”, does that mean that the other Infinite members are here?” I clasp my hands together, as it would be a chance for me to meet Woohyun even during work.

“All of us are here, noona. Except for Woohyun hyung. Since he initially took a day off today, he was being placed on other individual schedules.” Myungsoo answered while looking at me.

That’s really sad. This means I would not even get the chance to meet him for the rest of the day. I hide my sadness quickly with a smile.

“Ahh.. that’s alright. Anyway, what show are we doing today?”

“Flower Bouquet noona.” Sungjong replied.

“Oh? That show sure bring back memories a few years ago.” I giggled softly and the two men laughed as well.

“Yeah, that mushy proposal Woohyun hyung brought up. I still cringe whenever I think of it.” Myungsoo added on while rubbing both of his arms, as if he was having goosebumps. The latter nudge his friend by his side.

“At least he won noona’s heart!” Sungjong exclaimed and all of us laughed. I could feel my cheeks getting red just by the thought of the proposal Woohyun had prepared a few years ago. He’s really a sweet guy, and I’m lucky to have him by my side.

“The show’s starting in 20 minutes. Better get ready now noona!” Myungsoo reminded and I smiled cheekily before heading in to the broadcast station.

 

Soon, the show started. I was seated with the Infinite members, beside Dongwoo specifically. After the members have shared their dating experience with the host, everyone’s attention directed to me when the host began to ask me.

“So how is your relationship with Woohyun?” The host asked while grinning from ear to ear. The audiences screamed in excitement and Dongwoo began nudging me from the side and I poked him to stop.

“To be honest, I never knew I would love someone so much like how I do to Woohyun. He’s a really nice guy to be with. To sum up, he’s really an amazing guy and we are both doing just fine.” Right after I ended my last word, “awwwwwww” was the reaction that I got from everyone that are present.

“That’s really sweet. How you wish Woohyun was here, right?” Sungkyu who was seated above me teased and caused everyone to laugh.

“Ani-“ I spoke and before I could continue, the host teased me for the redness of my flushed cheeks.

“You see, you do!” The host teased again and I tried to fan myself with my hand.

“So before we end this show today, we have something for you Seungyeon.” The host announced and before I could take time to process what did he just say, audio sound came from the projector screen at the back. Turning back to see what is it, I was shocked to see what was on the screen. It was Woohyun, and before I could react to it, the audiences reacted first by loud screams.

“Why is Woohyun in the screen-“ I wondered to myself before he started speaking.

“Annyeong! Infinite’s Woohyun imnida!” I smiled immediately as he started speaking. I miss his voice so much, even though we talked to each other yesterday. But still, you know what’s like when you are in love. Heh.

 

“I have something to tell to the person I love the most. Han Seungyeon noona.

Remember when I confessed my love to you? I did it right here, at Flower Bouquet.

 I glad that I had courage in doing so, because I would probably not get the chance to know you better and be with you. So to share what makes me fall in love with you.

It doesn’t matter if you are not as tall as what you feel.

It doesn’t matter if you are not as beautiful as what you feel.

It doesn’t matter if you are not a great cook as what you feel.

It doesn’t matter if you are not as smart as what you feel.

It doesn’t matter if you are three years older than me.

Because noona, you are that kind of girl who is already perfect in my eyes.

I’m glad that we have been together for so long, and this day marks our 3rd year of being together.

You know how much I wish that you would be mine forever, hmm?

So, this would be my second proposal to you….”

 

And the screen turns black. After a few seconds of silence, Woohyun walked out from the backstage entrance, with a bouquet of roses on his hands. I stood frozen at the sight of him and the bouquet of flowers as I was really confused of what is happening. In the meantime, Woohyun slowly approached me and kneeled down, causing everyone to scream in excitement.

“Princess Han Seungyeon, would you marry me?” Woohyun asked after he took out the ring from his chest pocket. I swear, happiness overwhelmed me that I could feel tears slowly rolling down from my cheeks.

“I…” I stuttered before I heard a few familiar voices within the crowd of audiences.

“Marry him Seungyeon!” Gyuri shouted.

“Go Woohyun, go!” Hara exclaimed.

“Unnie please say yes!” Youngji added on.

“Marry our hyung, noona!” Hoya, Sungyeol and Sungjong exclaimed from behind.

After understanding what is actually going on, I looked down at Woohyun who was still kneeling down and gave him a nod.

“Yes. Yes I do!” Everyone cheered loudly and Woohyun grins widely. He slowly puts the ring into my finger and stands up to wipe away my tears, with me in his embrace.

“So this was what you had planned.” I chuckled while poking Woohyun’s cheeks. He laughed softly and rest his head on mine, his arm wrapped around my waist.

“Because I want to have you all by myself. I love you, my queen.”

“I love you too, my king.” My last word lead to a sweet and long-lasting kiss.

 

This is one of the happiest day of my life and I found love within us.