2nd Take

Double Take

“are you worried about those guys?”

Seulgi and Mino were taken aback when she just normally asked with those round eyes, they nodded with such serious expressions.

Joohyun laughed as she put her palm on her tummy, “what’s so funny?” Mino somehow looked upset, he and Seulgi were worried but how could she laughed at them.

“I’m sorry, oh my goodness.. I’m so sorry. You don’t have to worry about it, Seulgi-ssi, Mino-ssi. They’ve been following me since I walked into this café, they’ve been there the entire time I waited for you guys too and they did nothing, so maybe they just curious about me..  I guess”

“how could you think like that? What if they’re erts who takes pictures of you secretly and use it for… oh no, no way” Seulgi felt she’s burning inside, she just wanted to poke those eyeballs out and kick their asses to stay away from Joohyun.

 

“No, I don’t think they’re like that. It’s okay Seulgi, and sorry for making both of you worried but I’m fine”

“you don’t know what actually inside their head, what’s on their mind, no one knows Baechu” Seulgi said sarcastically, couldn’t control her emotion.

“I know, no one knows. That’s why we shouldn’t judge them. I really am sorry guys” Joohyun smiled as she held Seulgi’s hand. It made the upset girl became speechless, Mino too. They stood still, they didn’t think the same way as how Joohyun’s brain worked. She’s so positive and tender. Joohyun was probably the nicest girl they’d ever met.

 

Mino tapped Seulgi’s shoulder and they exchanged glance, she could understand the unspoken words just by that. Seulgi lower her head, she then held Joohyun’s hand and smiled, “no, I’m sorry Baechu.. you’re right. I shouldn’t judge those guys, you’re just doing fine here and they didn’t harm you either. my bad”

Seulgi and Mino asked Joohyun to go home together with them since their home were in the same district but Joohyun couldn’t make it because she needed to go somewhere.

 

 

~~

 

 

Mino went into his room as soon as he arrived at home. He was so exhausted in his first day at College that he dozed off still with his casual outfit.

 

It took long enough for him to wake up from his deep slumber, 4 hours exactly. He woke up and looked at the clock, 19.40 PM. “I slept too much” he murmured to himself as he yawned.

Mino walked out from his room, still with his eyes half closed.  He heard Danah was talking to someone in the living room when he went straight to the kitchen.

“Finally you woke up” Mrs. Song cheered as soon as she saw Mino taking a glass in the cabinet.

He looked at his Mother with an expressionless face. But Mino was being Mino. He didn’t give a damn and walked away.

 

“yah! Song Mino! Where’re you going?”

“back to sleep. I’m dizzy”

Mrs. Song approached her son and splashed water to his face to wake him up.

Mino was surprised, “what the… what was that for??” he blurted out.

The old woman just ignored his question, “Danah! Danah!! Hurry! Bring her here!”

“yes Mom wait!” Danah shouted back.

 

Danah was smiling nonstop ever since she came into their house.

“Come on girl! You’ll finally meet him~ ah why am I the one who’s nervous” Danah laughed at herself as she grab the guest’s wrist and guided her towards the kitchen.

 

Mino was really confused at the situations. He just woke up. His Mother was acting weird and splashed water on his face. Danah’s voice sounded so excited. And there he was standing like an idiot, unsure of what happened when he’s asleep.

Mino was facing his Mother so he couldn’t see who’s approaching him with Danah. Mrs. Song expression immediately changed and it made Mino even more confused, she’s smiling widely and he could see her eyes were sparkling.

“she’s here” she mouthed those words to her son in front of him while her eyes were smiling prettily to someone behind Mino.

 

It felt odd for Mino. “Who’s behind me? Who’s she? Why Mom and Danah acting like this? I’M CONFUSED” he stayed still, literally looked like a statue. Mrs. Song and Danah rolled their eyes at the exact same time. Danah poked her brother to turn around and his soul finally back to earth, Mino turned to see who’s this person who made his mother and sister looked like happy kids in kindergarten.

There he was looking at the petite body in front of him. She was bent her head down so her face was half covered by her silky brown hair. But her feature looked so familiar.

 

“Damn I thought I’m ready to meet him. What do I do??”

She tried to face him with courage as she takes a deep breath, and smile awkwardly.

“You.. huh? What are you doing here?”

“She’s your soon-to-be wife” Mino badly wanted to jump off a cliff when his Mother answered him.

“what’s with that reaction Oppa?” Danah could see her brother’s face became pale and she knew that he probably didn’t hear her question either.

 

Mino stifled a laugh. He tried to calm his self as he shook his head and heaved out a sigh. He looked at the girl in front of him just to see her still smiling, she looked so damn nervous though. Next he looked at his sister just to see her face was telling him that she’s confused. Last, he looked at her Mother and to his surprise she suddenly screamed her lungs out in front of him, “THE HELL MINO! SHE’S YOUR BRIDE! SHOW YOUR MANNERS!!”

 

Mrs. Song constantly hit Mino’s arm.

“Mom stop it! It hurts, Oh dear Lord please” he squealed and tried to escape from his Mother’s attack.

“Aunty.. please don’t. It hurts him. Please” the girl who watched the sight was nearly sobbing, her eyes were teary, she bit her lip as she prevented not to cry.

“Eonnie..” Danah had a menboong at that very moment.

Mrs. Song stopped it immediately and walked closer to her, she her hair and they exchanged gaze for a short moment. The girl hung her head low.

“I’m sorry darling. I had to scold him a little. He was kinda rude to you, don’t worry aigoo.. He’s  a strong guy~ He was just acting like it hurts a lot” Mrs. Song gave her a warm hug and kissed her temple.

 

 

~~

 

 

Mino decided to take her walked off to the nearly park. He wanted to talk to her, he wanted to know what really happened when he was asleep and he also wanted to know more about his soon-to-be wife. They walked side by side, Mino sometimes took a glance at her and when their eyes met, they were awkwardly turned around as nothing happened and continue to walk in silence.

They took a seat on the bench. The atmosphere was awkward as as Mino didn’t know what to say, he coughed for several times and the girl beside him felt a bit worried.

She tried to pat his back but, Mino shifted away and said that he was okay.

“so, hmm.. you didn’t tell me about your real name when we first met. Why?”

The girl lifted her head, she seemed confuse.

“I told you my real name though.”

“then why Mom and Danah never told me about that? They always say your English name whenever they talked about you to me, what was that again?”

She shrugged her shoulders, “Irene. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about it, but actually my family just started calling me Irene since I was five”

“ah I see. It’s okay. And I’m sorry for my attitude earlier, I was mentally slapped that you suddenly appeared in my house as my soon-to-be wife, idk? I’m sorry, okay?”

Irene chuckled as she said nevermind in return.

 

“anyway, what’s with your family changed your nickname when you’re five?”

“ugh there’s nothing significant about it Mino”

“it’s okay, I just want to know.. c’mon”

“Oh well my grandpa was the one who gave me that name, but Mom and Dad were being stubborn and loved ‘Bae Joohyun’ to be my name instead. When I was 5, he passed away. Dad decided to call me Irene since then. So yea.. let’s end it here.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to..”

“no need to say sorry, that's alright. I’m an emotional person Mino, you better get used to it soon” she lifted up her head to look and smiled at the sky, didn’t even realize that Mino was watching her silently as he could see her eyes that full of sadness.

 

“So.. what do you want me to call you? Joohyun or Irene?”

“anything you comfortable with, whichever you prefer”

“Baechu”

“huh? You didn’t include it in your question though”

“but I prefer Baechu” he grinned when Irene pouted at his answer.

“you like it so much, don’t you?”

“well, yeah it’s such a rare nickname anyway. It suits you too, you’re cute so it.. ah, uhm I mean, Baechu sounds cute” Mino became as stupid as usual, he laughed awkwardly. In the other hand, Irene was fluttered because of his sudden confession.

 

 

~~

 

 

Myungsoo opened the door revealing her beautiful figure. Again, Seulgi brought some ingredients to make dinner for both of them.

“hi, I missed you baby” he gently rubbed her free hand as he gave a peck on her lips.

She walked to the kitchen and put the ingredients on the table. Ready to cook, and not forgetting to wash her hands before she started.

Myungsoo took a glance at her direction while he sat on the couch, watching his favorite anime.

“are you planning to make kimchi fried rice for tonight?”

She was busy with cooking so she just nodded and continued to cut the kimchi into smaller pieces.

 

When she had finished and their dinner was set on the table, Seulgi called Myungsoo who was watching tv to sit opposite her for dinner. They stared into one another for a while. “go try it~” she whispered.

Myungsoo with a smirk on his beautiful face as she’s watching him with her chin on both her palms.

“if this one is also failed.. I really have to punish you”

Seulgi said nothing and just rolled her eyes.

He took a spoon full of the kimchi fried rice into his mouth.

Seulgi’s eyes widened, slightly opened. She was waiting for his respond but that unreadable poker face didn’t help at all.

“oh c’mon! tell me how is it?”

His thumbs up made Seulgi laughed and clapped, “yeah told ya! I’m good at this one!” she proudly said, Myungsoo shook his head at her childishness.

 

After she knew that the kimchi fried rice was a success.. Well, her boyfriend said it. Seulgi took her spoon to try her own cooking with self-confident this time, but her expression changed instantly when she eat up the food. “! What kimchi fried rice is this.. it’s too salty!!” she cursed at herself.

She looked up at Myungsoo, he didn’t say anything. He continued to eat the food on his plate while Seulgi was dumbfounded watching him like that.

“Babe please.. why did you give me thumbs up for this terrible food?”

“so far, this is the best one. It’s not that bad though”

Seulgi smiled and moved closer to kiss him on the cheek. They ate well that night even though the food wasn’t taste as good as Seulgi’s expected it to be.

 

“how’s your first day in college?” Myungsoo asked as he gently pulled her hand and held it.

“great? uhm I met a new friend. She’s so nice, oh! And beautiful” she answered with enthusiast. Seulgi’s eyes were always glowing when she talked about something she liked, and Myungsoo couldn’t take his eyes off her when she’s talking.

“really? I’m glad you met her. And what’s her name?”

“Baechu”

“Baechu? For real?”

Seulgi laughed and covered her eyes with her palm, “no! of course not. Bae Joohyun, Mino said it sounds like Baechu so ya we started calling her Baechu”

“and she’s fine with it?” he chuckled at the reason why did his girlfriend got a Baechu as her new friend.

“I told you, she’s a nice friend. Besides, she told us that she was called Baechu by her close friends back then”

 “how about Mino? You haven’t officially introduced him to me” Myungsoo suddenly pouted, made Seulgi giggled and pinched his cheek playfully.

“I will, later.. okay? Ah! He followed me everywhere. He was like a lost puppy I swear to God. He haven’t changed at all. I thought he’s already matured, but nah~ he’s still the same Mino I met 13 years ago”

Myungsoo just nodded and smiled.

 

After the late night conversation, Myungsoo did the dishes while Seulgi stayed in his room to take a rest. The first day of college’s life was a bit tiring for her but, Seulgi felt thankful to have Myungsoo by her side. She always feels happy whenever he’s around, Myungsoo treated her very nicely. He never hurt her feelings, not even once.

 

 

~~

 

 

It was still 6 in the morning and Irene was already up, ready to make breakfast for the Songs. She moved into their house and slept in the same room with Danah. All of it was settled by Mino and Irene’s mother, they wanted the two of them to get closer before their marriage. At first, Irene didn’t like the idea of it because she wanted to spend more time with her parents and siblings instead. She knew she would never have more time to accompany her older sister and little brother as much as she used to be when she’s already married later on but, we’re talking about Irene the nicest kid in town here. She promised herself that she’ll do anything for her parents’ sake, and she always put her family at first place. Their happiness matters most for Joohyun.

 

Her class will begin at 8 o’clock that day. Irene quickly prepared the food and went back to Danah’s room to take a shower and get dressed. She just wore a plain white blouse paired with skinny denim, red shoes and a black bucket bag. Irene looked at her reflection in the mirror, she enjoyed it for a minute while Danah was soundly asleep on her bed. Irene was ready to go, she walked out from Danah’s room and carefully closed the door.

“Where are you going?” Irene was a bit startled when Mino suddenly stood there looking at her from head to toe as he leaned on the edge of his door.

“off to campus, since when did you awake?” Irene stood still on her spot as Mino approached her.

“just now, you have class this early?”

Irene just nodded. “Oh! I’ve prepared breakfast down there. Please eat well~ I’ve to go, I don’t want to get punished by the lecturer if I’m late” she giggled and was about to walk down the stairs when suddenly she felt Mino’s grip on her wrist.

“wait, I’ll drive you to campus with my bike. It will take less time and you won’t be late”

She froze for a moment; not because he kindly willing to drive her with his bike when he just woke up, but his hand felt so warm that blood rushing through her veins and burning up her skin.

Mino realized it when Irene blinked repeatedly as she stares at his hand that was holding her. He gently released her hand from his grip. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. Please wait here, I’m just gonna wear a jacket and take the key” Again, she just nodded in respond.

 

She was still in the state of a bit shocked and fluttered. Thus was the second time for Mino to make her felt like there were butterflies in her stomach. When Mino was ready, he signaled Irene with a nod and smile on his face. He led her towards the garage.

They arrived just in time at the campus. Irene thanked him and then rushed to her class.

Luckily, the lecturer wasn’t there yet when she entered the class.

 

Irene couldn’t concentrate as she kept playing with her pen and sometimes she drew random things on her note, thinking about Mino. Just before they arrived, Mino said that his class will start at 12 but he’ll come an hour earlier to accompany Irene who also had her second class at the same time. Irene chewed on her lips. She didn’t actually know what was happening with her feelings; she became nervous at the thought that they’ll spend their times together. She was anticipating it though.

 

 

 

So yea here's the part 2~

Please enjoy and i'm sorry for the late update, please understand.. i'm a busy college student with ton of assignments.

Some of you want MinRene and the others want MinSeul.. idk guys but i think, you'll get both in this story? Ah.. i wont leak much. Just wait!

xoxo-; DG.