kyumin

Weird advisor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is stupid," Kyuhyun says. "Completely stupid. I hope you know that."s

 

sungmin sighs in that long suffering way of his as if Kyuhyun is really the one who has the problem.

Kyuhyun wears on his leather jacket and makes a show of opening the door to their apartment for Sungmin. He gets a silent, but pointed stalk by and kyuhyun can't resist the urge to roll his eyes.

It was Sungmin 's idea that they go to relationship counseling, as if some guy who'd probably never been in a relationship his whole life could possibly tell them how to have a fruitful relationship. But Sungmin had insisted after someone from work had told him all about how great the relationship counselor was and how much their relationship had improved. As far as kyuhyun is concerned, whoever this friend from work is, they aren't allowed in his home ever again.

"Are you going to drive?"

"Yeah," Kyuhyun says following Sungmin out the door.

They have two cars, his old car and Sungmin's Prius it's new. Kyuhyun tries not to pay too much attention to where most of the money for the apartment comes from. It's the one thing he can't seem to get over. The one thing he pushes away because it's not worth the trouble thinking it over. He didn't go to school. Min did. It's as simple as that.

"Bring your keys then," Sungmin tells him when Kyuhyun makes for the Prius.

"What?"

"Keys," Min repeats.

Kyuhyun thinks that he should have known things were serious then.

- The shrink is a thin, with long hair man who's wearing a black suit and a red pinstriped tie with wide smirk. Kyuhyun almost walks out as soon as he sees him. This man in a suit doesn’t really work for him. He's turning, can feel his defense mechanism kicking in for him, but Sungmin is there and Kyuhyun isn't stupid enough to walk away.

"Good morning," Sungmin says and Kyuhyun stands there, half hiding behind him. He's not afraid, just nervous as .

Sungmin hadn't complained once about the music selection or the way his old car had coughed as though on her deathbed when Kyuhyun had started the car. They'd driven in silence and Kyuhyun had spent the entire ride trying to come up with the best way to ask his questions. He couldn’t see the problem.

"I'm Dr. Heechul,call me just hee the queen . I don't like the whole doctor bit. And let me guess," Heechul says looking them up and down before fixing his eyes on Kyuhyun. "You must be the insufferable prick."

"You told him about me?" Kyuhyun accuses, stops. "Wait, what?"

"Nobody introduced you, stick . I can tell," Heechul says grinning like he's having the time of his life.

Kyuhyun waits for the punch line, but when Sungmin takes his seat in front of Heechul's desk, he knows it's not coming.

Heechul looks at him and Kyuhyun can feel the embarrassed heat on the back of his neck. He makes a show of taking off his jacket before he throws it over his chair and sits.

"So, you don't like to be shown up, do you?" Kyuhyun's head snaps up to look at Heechul. The smile on Sungmin's face isn't helping things and for a wild second Kyuhyun thinks that this is all some sort of sick joke Sungmin is playing on him.

He looks around for the camera, doesn’t know what he expects, maybe one of his friends hiding behind a plant. He gets nothing, just a good look at the ten foot by ten foot office with the wide window behind Heechul's desk. The bookshelves to the right of Kyuhyun's chair scream stereotypical shrink and he's not at all surprised to see the picture of the man and his cats, the open folder with the white pages where Heechul is going to write all sorts of nonsense. There's even a row of books that have titles like Are you ready to take control of your life? and Depression: Don't let it rule your love life.

"Would you like to borrow a book?" Kyuhyun shakes his head and leans back into his chair. He decides that he's better off saying as little as possible. He'll let Sungmin until he's done and then they'll go home, silently agree that they're never going to do this again and—

"Rather loud thinking there," Heechul smiles, touching the tips of his fingers together as he looks them over. "Right then. We'll start with names. As I already said, I'm hee. I was too good for the world, ended up here, much more work to do here. And you two are?"

"I'm Sungmin," Min says and he's smiling like he's already enchanted with Heechul.

"Kyuhyun." Heechul's smirk scratches at the wall of patience Kyuhyun has built.

He takes a deep breath and when Sungmin turns to look at him he's managed to school his face into a mask of polite disinterest. It seems to work because Sungmin turns away, shaking his head the same way he does when Kyuhyun comes home and tells him about how all the people at work are a bunch of and how he wouldn't go back if the pay wasn't as good at it was. It's the same look Sungmin has been giving him whenever Kyuhyun suggests they go to a bar and drink, maybe try out the lock in the bathroom stalls.

 

"Want to tell me what the problem is, Kyuhyun?"

"We have no problem."

"How about you love,"Heechul asks turning to Sungmin.

Kyuhyun narrows his eyes. He thinks there must be something about shrinks showing favoritism in relationship counseling. The way Heechul leans over his desk, the way his mouth practically hangs open as he looks at Sungmin , as though Min is everything in his world. Kyuhyun coughs, loud and pointed, but they ignore him.

"We're stuck—"

"We're not stuck," Kyuhyun interrupts.

Heechul raises an eyebrow and Kyuhyun rolls his eyes at him. He turns to Sungmin expecting the look of understanding and get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter