Final

How to Get Rid of a Habit(ish)

"For the love of God, Kyungsoo, stop biting your nails!" Jooeun exasperated.

"I'm sorry. It's just a force of habit," he apologetically lowered his hand from his mouth.

In between his bustling schedule with the band and his own filming, Kyungsoo miraculously fit in some time to hang out with his girlfriend. With his constant travels for his work, he found it best just to settle down on the sofa, watching a movie with Jooeun.

Honestly speaking, Jooeun couldn't ask for a better love of her life. He was kind, gentle, hardworking yet humble and polite. Not to mention that even though the idol had been dragged through hell with concerts and photoshoots and filming, he still chooses to spend his free time with her. She couldn't be more grateful. However, there was always that one tick about her said boyfriend that she couldn't simply null over.

"It's just really unsanitary for you to keep doing that."

"I've already tried all types of remedies, but none of them work! I tried putting glue on my fingers but then I would just peel off the dried glue and bite them again. I tried putting chili powder on the ends of my fingers but I almost cried from how spicy it was when I forgot about it and started biting my nails. It also burned when I tried touching any part of my face, mind you, so that remedy was a no go. After that I bought this really expensive ointment that put a bitter taste in my mouth every time my fingers were in my mouth and that worked for a while, but then I couldn't eat anything with my hands."

The situation seemed more pitiable than Jooeun initially thought since Kyungsoo really did try. What could she do to help erase this poor habit?

Jooeun suddenly grinned at her proposition to mend his habit.

"How about every time I catch you bite your nails, I'll kiss you?"

"That sounds more like a reward than a punishment." Kyungsoo furiously blushed at the bold proposal.

A sinister smirk made its way across Jooeun's face. "But I'll be doing it any time I catch you, meaning I can kiss you right now while we're home alone or in front your band mates or in public."

Kyungsoo's eyes widened, and then narrowed.

"You wouldn't."

"Try me."

True to her statement, Jooeun kept up with her proposal. Resuming their movie after their banter, it wasn't long until Kyungsoo slipped a finger between his teeth and he felt the same arm gently lowered along with a pair of lips attached to his. Though, it quickly escalated to a full make out session when Jooeun straddled his hips and both of them paid no heed toward the movie playing on the TV - not that Kyungsoo minded.

It continued on the next date they went on to drink coffee together. Kyungsoo completely forgot about the proposal, pulling down his face mask under his chin to unconsciously carry out his habit in the midst of Jooeun's story about work. Abruptly, she stopped mid-sentence and leaned over the table to swat away his hand before kissing him full on the lips. He lifted up his face mask afterward to make sure nobody recognized him (and partially to mask his flaming cheeks) and scolded Jooeun for brashly acting in public. She merely shrugged, quipping, "I told you I'd do it," before calmly sipping from her coffee cup with a smug gleam in her eyes.

Later, Sehun was telling his owl-eyed hyung one of his lame jokes while Kyungsoo half-heartedly listened, biting his nails in the process. Not so long afterward, his hand was yanked away as Jooeun came into view, standing on her toes to press her lips against his IN FRONT OF SEHUN. She nonchalantly walked off from her fuming boyfriend that could only yell a weak 'YAH!' behind her. The maknae laughed his off. Teasing Kyungsoo about the ordeal became the band's new hobby when they caught on that Jooeun would only kiss him to stop his habit. They kept making discreet kissy faces his way whenever any member caught him at his habit again. He cursed Jooeun subsequently.

About a month passed since the proposal first started Kyungsoo only realized he hadn't been chewing on his nails when he grabbed Baekhyun's neck again for teasing the younger male, forcing him to shriek, "Kyungsoo, you need to cut your nails!" 

Kyungsoo and Jooeun argued over some really petty reason. Jooeun brewed vanilla chai tea for the idol to relax but he was being a diva about it. Tired, Kyungsoo was all too quick to snap that he wasn't in the mood for tea despite Jooeun's effort. Only when the mug harshly clanked on the table did remorse settle in as Jooeun stalked off to pour her own cup. Kyungsoo groaned at his own thoughtlessness and followed suit into the kitchen where Jooeun mixed milk into her chai tea. He slipped his arms around her, hugging her from behind and swaying them slightly but not enough for Jooeun to spill the milk carton.

"Jagiya, I'm sorry. I didn't get enough sleep and kind of lashed out my crankiness on you when I shouldn't have," Kyungsoo nuzzled into the shorter's neck, only to receive a curt yet callous hum.

He tried making it up to Jooeun several times, but was brusquely brushed off each time. Only one mean could get Jooeun to acknowledge him again.

"I really didn't want to use this method to get you to look at me again since I was making a lot of progress, but you left me no choice."

Jooeun side-eyed the elder who retracted an arm from her waist. She heard tiny clanks and instantly knew the other resorted nibbling on his nails. Sighing, she turned to face Kyungsoo, gently removing his hand from his mouth.

She muttered, "You're so gross and stupid," and leaned in for a peck.

Kyungsoo's habit had their perks every so often.

__________________

A/N: Close to 1k words of pure fluff and kinda grossness. Hope you liked it and stay good and hot and fresh and fine everyone~ Support the band and especially Chen in 'In the Heights'!