Chapter Two

AMNESIA

Previously...

“As you said before, I did not do any DUI* or other careless actions that could cause an accident. This lady here was the one at fault to hurriedly cross the street in front of my moving car without any warning. About the later part, I let her staying here not because I am sorry or anything like that, I simply don’t want this accident to leak out, especially to Her. So, just be grateful that I give you a place to live for a while, and I truly hope it’s just for a while, so you better go to the psychiatrist and quickly remember your address so I can send you there as soon as possible. The end.”

With that, he leaves as fast as he comes, succeed to anger me to the max. I take back all the great things I said about him. He’s maybe gorgeous, but he’s also the biggest jerk ever.

.

[2]

.

.

.

“I’m deeply sorry, Miss. Young Master surely can be mean with his words, but he’s not always true with his words, either. He’s actually quite kind and soft inside, so once again I apologize, Miss. I know you must be angry, though, and it’s definitely expected.”

I could not help but making a sarcastic chuckle at that.

“Kind and gentle, huh? Maybe I won’t get to that side of him forever. Who is he, talking like that to a victim of his own doings?! I don’t even remember my name, let alone my family, and he’s not even sorry to me?! What an a**h*le!” I feel my anger raising as I said those words. It’s really making me crazy. How could I live without knowing anything about myself, and the worst of all, trapped in a rude young man’s residence who did all of these to me. How was my family doing without me? Are they searching for me? Do I even have any family? All of these thoughts rush me over that I could feel myself frustated with everything. Just everything.

“For your name, I actually can tell you about it, Miss. It’s stated on your bag, the only thing you brought with you when the accident happened. But, unfortunately, you didn’t bring your purse or cell phone, so we couldn’t have any information about your family or your address. Your name is Dahye. Your name was written behind your graduation photo, so we could only conclude that you’re either a fresh high school graduate or already a college student. We have visited the police so we’ll know in a flash if your family decide to report you as a missing person.”

Dahye.

All of these informations I found in less than an hour after I woke up really are draining my brain. I start to regret not taking the doctor’s suggestion on injecting a medicine so I could sleep more. My mind starts wondering where is my family, what kind of friends I have, what kind of life I’m living for the 21 years of my existence in this world.

“…Where is my bag?”

Butler Hwang opens the closet and reaches an unfamiliar stylish brown handbag, then handing it to me carefully. The bag looks clean, even though there’s a few flaws here and there.

“We have cleaned your bag as hard as we could, Miss, but there are still a few scars and spots which couldn’t be cleaned. Once again, I’m sorry.”

I try not to concentrate on a few dark crimson spots and proceed to open the zipper, could see my photo with a name and the word ‘graduation’ behind it, a normal pen, a little cash, and an old novel titled with ‘You and I’ which I surely will try to read as soon as possible. When I finally look up from my things, I realize that Butler Hwang has not gone yet, he’s in fact giving me another trademark smile of his, a gentle-yet-sympathetic one.

“You better get rest now, Miss. I will answer you everything I know after you are awake. Now, let me excuse myself. Have a tight sleep, Miss.”

The scene of Butler Hwang exiting my room is the last thing I’ve seen before I black out into another dark black hole.

.

.

When I open my eyes for the second time, it’s another morning already. I yawn and stretch my body as I come up into a sitting position. My body still feels weak, but at least, I am a lot better than yesterday, and my head finally stops spinning even though the discomfort hasn’t truly gone yet.

Flashes of everything that happened yesterday start playing in my head like a broken cassette. Waking up in a huge and luxurious room, meeting a butler who I did not know still exist in this century, the doctor’s explanation about my accident and my amnesia, the rude ‘young master’, all the bit informations about me and my bag. Taking a deep sigh, I decide not to sit on this comfy bed all day and try to stand up instead.

It works, even though my legs feel like jelly and my sight starts to swim for a while. After I get used of my standing position, I move my legs forward and start to walk around the room, decide to examine the furnitures and all of the things here. The room is really, really huge with a big sofa that could sit at least five persons and a huge plasma tv in front of it, a private bathroom, a gigantic window with a cozy yellow curtain, an unidentified room I will surely check it out after this, and a huge comfy king-sized bed. with all-white sheets. The room looks more elegant with the white wall and classic wooden-tiled floor.

Once again getting distracted to the unidentified room next to the private bathroom, I decide to feed my curiosity as I open the door, revealing another huge room which is shockingly full of expensive female clothes hanging neatly, a huge mirror in the middle of the room, and a shortcut door to the bathroom so that after showering, you can always go to this room first to wear some clothes before coming out to the room. I wonder, whose the owner of this wonderful room? It’s just the dream room for every females out there.

“I see that you have seen your closet, Miss.”

It is definitely Butler Hwang’s voice. I turn around and need aproximately five seconds to process every words he had said. “What do you mean about my clos—Oh my God! All these clothes are for me?!”

He held back a chuckle as he nodded, “Yes, they are yours, Miss. When you’re still unconscious, Young Master thought that you must have wanted some new clothes beside your night gown after you’re awake, so he asked me to buy a closet of female clothes, just for you.”

“. . .”

I almost melt into a puddle of goo when suddenly a surge of thoughts come rushing at me. No, Dahye! You can’t be possibly getting flattered with just one action from that rude guy! Don’t fall for his poisonous looks! Always keep in mind that he caused you not to remember anything about your friends, your family, and even yourself while not even feeling sorry for it. He’s just simply a rich spoiled jerk who never pays any attention to other people’s feelings.

“Thanks for buying me all these clothes, Mr. Hwang, but I can’t take all of these. I just need a few sets of clothes so just return the rests back. I will only stay here for a few days. After getting stronger, I will move out, so you don’t have to worry.”

“Where will you go then?”

It’s the first time I see Butler Hwang’s usual gentle expression turn to frown.

“I… will find a way to live, until I could meet my family back.”

His frown gets deeper, “That won’t work, Miss. You still don’t know anything about your identity. You maybe found your given name, but that doesn’t mean anything. There are so many Dahyes in this country, and neither us nor the police could search it one by one. Even if we could, it would surely need a very long time to do so. It’s pointless for you to move out from here. Instead, when you’re here, we can immediately tell you once the police finds anything.”

I hate to admit that he’s right. But what should I do? Shamelessly staying here, eating and using the clothes they bought, like a leech? I know that I’m the victim, but this is an accident, so he’s not 100% wrong and I’m not 100% right, either. I just can’t stay here doing nothing but to exploit my role as a victim. My feeling just couldn’t take that.

“Please just stay here at least until you find your family back, Miss. Don’t worry about anything else. As Young Master said, he would tell the Kim’s Residence’s private psychiatrist to come everyday so it can help you recall your lost memories faster. Young Master wouldn’t want you to go outside for the time being either. He doesn’t want this accident to leak out, especially to Lady Hong, so forget about your plan for a while and let’s give more focus to cure your amnesia.”

Lady Hong? Who is she? Is she the ‘Her’ who that jerk mentioned yesterday?

“Since you have woken up, you must be very famished. Do you want me to get the breakfast to your room or do you want to come out to eat at the dining room?” My expression must have been too obvious as Butler Hwang manages to read it right away. “Don’t worry, Miss. Young Master have already gone to work. There’s nobody in this residence at the moment.”

Grinning, I stratch the back of my hair awkwardly.

“Outside is better, then.”

.

.

I thought my room was already very beautiful and luxurious, but outside is definitely better. The architecture decoration is so majestic with unique classical furnitures arranged perfectly, giving a broad yet cozy place to live in. Everything looks like the decoration of seventh star hotel that I can’t stop gawking at every room I see. It’s no wonder the ‘Young Master’ is very rude and annoying. He must be living as a prince all over his life. What a lucky b*st**d!

“This is the dining room, Miss. You can wait here. The cook is almost done preparing your breakfast. I will excuse myself first.” Butler Hwang bows exactly 45o before disappearing behind the room. I take a seat at one of the elegant white wooden chairs in front of a large dining table, my eyes keep looking around in awe as the decoration of the dining room is also too attractive to be ignored.

At one of the decoration table, I can see a few frames of family picture and my curiosity immediately peaks again, going closer and taking one of the frames. It is indeed a family picture of a father, a mother, and their two sons sitting on the chair in front of them, smiling cutely to the camera. In that photo, the two sons look like still in their elementary school, but I can safely bet that one of the two children in the photo must be the ‘Young Master’ I’d seen yesterday.

Very interesting.

“Don’t touch that.”

The cold voice almost makes me drop the picture, but I manage to grip it securely and immediately put it back to the decoration table, then turn around to see the owner of the voice. It is another young man, but he’s not the one who made me lose my memory. Who is he? Is he perhaps the other son in the photo I’ve seen just now? The rude one’s sibling?

“I’m… sorry. I’m just… I’m sorry. I know it’s not appropriate for me.”

The young man keeps glaring at me, he starts to move forward step by step and I couldn’t help but moving backward, getting truly intimidated. What is it about this family? Why are they so charmingly gorgeous and yet so cold and intimidating?

He is right in front of me as my back touches the wall behind me, our faces are only less than 5 inches apart. If he’s not taller than me, maybe our faces have bumped into each other. His charismatic stare is really making my legs feel like jelly. Oh earth, just eat me right now so I can disappear!

The man is glaring at me for at least another five seconds before taking a few steps back and exploding in laughter as if he’s been tickled to death. I can’t help but staring blankly at him, really not understanding the joke at all. Am I that funny-looking?

“Oh my God… You have to see your own face! It’s ridiculous! Your face was like… was like I am a beast and ready to munch you over. That’s very funny!”

He’s talking between his laughter, as if reading my mind and answering my question. But as he’s laughing, he looks definitely more friendly than my first impression of him. After a while, his laugh finally dies down as he gives me a bright smile.

“Hello, nice to meet you and sorry for playing a prank at you. You are just so cute that I couldn’t help it. My name is Woohyun, by the way.”

A smile and a handshake are enough to make me flush.

“Nice to meet you too. I’m Dahye.”

If he’s really the rude man’s sibling in the photo, he’s definitely different.

 

Notes: The second chapter is done! Thanks for reading and don't forget to subscribe and comment~