The Truth that set her free

American Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am happy to finally see you Yuri.” Sunny stated as she stood up and shake Yuri’s hand. They are inside a five-star restaurant. Sunny is wearing her suit with a pencil cut skirt. She looks really posh; she is taking care of the Hwang’s Company since Tiffany… passed away.

“Glad to meet you too.” Yuri shook her hand as well; she too is looking good as ever. She sat across Sunny.

“What do you want? Let me treat you, dinner for old time sake.” Sunny said as the waiter came they received the menu. Yuri just nodded. They started talking about simple stuff, like their profession and some other things and the food finally arrived.

“How did you meet your wife?” Sunny asked sounding serious and Yuri felt that. She stopped eating and face Sunny. “Online App.” Yuri answered with a guard, she can never forget how much Jessica tremble seeing Sunny and now they are to talk about serious stuff. “I see” Sunny drank wine from her glass. “How well do you know her?” Sunny asked and she looked like she is about to spiel the major secret of someone. Yuri looked around and she asked that question to herself too, how well she really knows Jessica? Sunny looked at her seriously and spoke up again. “Tiffany oh no, Miyoung…” Sunny looked down and then Yuri looked at her seriously. “We went here not really because of business but she got really sick.” Yuri’s eyes widen.. as Sunny’s words seemed to explain why she have not seen Miyoung anywhere.

“W—hat?” Yuri startled and got confused… As if a sting hit her heart…

 

THE PAST

“Will she get better?” Mr. Hwang in his suit and tie asked the doctor in front of him.

“The tumor in her brain is too big, we can have it removed but performing this type of surgery needs newer equipment and new technology.” The Doctor looked down.. “And unfortunately we cannot perform it here, I suggest you bring her overseas.” The doctor said. “But that does not guarantee success either.” The doctor said looking down. “I need every at least one percent of it for my daughter to survive.” He said like a strong man.

Mr Hwang looked at Miyoung on the white bed. He wanted his only child to have a normal life so he lets her play and go to school but the pain that hits her head is already too much. It was Miyoung’s decision to not tell Yuri, an address or anything because she knows that she might die. Her grandmother died because of this so there is no use.

It was a year of battle for her to be better after the surgery it is just that her memories were deleted in some sort of unknown reason and Mr. Hwang cared less about the memories as he was thankful that Miyoung was still alive.  Mr. Hwang wanted a fresh start, new memories for his daughter so Tiffany Hwang was born.

Sunny was always there Mr. Hwang brought him to help Tiffany in coping up with her new life. She started going to School and it was easy for her because Sunny was there, she started making new friends and had a normal life.

 

 

Yuri’s eyes were watery as Sunny showed her pictures of Tiffany when she was in High school. She looks really cute, she has this short hair and round glasses, and her vision was affected so she needed to wear glasses all time. She was studying in an exclusive school so she was wearing a neat uniform. Sunny looked at Yuri and she held her hand.. Yuri met Sunny’s eyes.

“She always has that cute eye smile….” Yuri said and looked at the picture deeply “So Tiffany.” Yuri smiled a bit. Sunny nodded.

“She got a normal life?” Yuri’s voice was trembling.

“Yes, she actually fell in love.” Sunny answered and Yuri smiled with water in her eyes, it does not pain her that Miyoung fell in love with someone, what pains her is the ending approach of the story, she can read Sunny but she still wants to hear what type of life did Miyoung have.

 

Tiffany Hwang was accepted to many Universities but she chose to be in Cambridge, one because it is in New York and two because she met someone during the college tour. (Sunny is not mentioning Jessica’s name here)

“Ouch.” A girl walking like lazy princess yelled.

“Oh Mianhe” Tiffany said..

“You are Korean?” The girl asked with widened eyes.

“Oh Shoot. I mean sorry, but you understood me? Are you Korean as well?” Tiffany asked, this is the first time she paid a gaze on the said lady and this is the first time something happened in her system that is irrelevant to her everyday life, as she hears every thud that her heart is making and she found her so pretty, a total opposite of her friendly nature, the girl seemed snobbish yet cute.

“YAH!” The girl was about to scold Tiffany but she stopped as Tiffany’s surprised face, surprised her as well… She gulped and blushed as if she knows why Tiffany is looking like that to her, she smiled sweetly. “Yeah, Uhm.. my parents migrated here when I was young.. Jung Soo Yeon, call me Jessica” Jessica offered her hand and Tiffany grabs it as they shake each other’s hand, Tiffany looked so struck on the face before her and Jessica seemed flattered not to mention Tiffany looked really smart, she is actually in to brains more and her good looks is just a plus.

“Stephanie Hwang, Call me Tiffany?” She said just staring in awe on Jessica’s face. Tiffany thought love at first sight could be real.

“Jessica?! Let’s go” A midget called she is actually accepted to NYADA but she wanted to accompany Jessica on the college tour as she knows her best friend is really hard to make friends with the type of attitude she has, well to Tae Yeon she is a shy type and quiet. To the rest of the world she does have a standard to meet.

“Tiffany?!” Another midget called and it is on Tiffany’s side… And it was Sunny.

“I better get going. My friend is calling me.” Jessica said.

“Oh yeah sure.” Tiffany gestured for her to go with nervousness.

“But can you let go of my hand?” Jessica asked politely and Tiffany immediately let go of her hand.

“Okay, yeah… sorry.” They both blushed and “Tiffany/Jessica” their names were being called again by the midgets so they wave each other goodbye and went to their friends.

“Who was that? She looks hot.” Tae Yeon commented and Jessica smiled. “She is cute.” In some reason she can’t stop smiling as she looked at the girl once again and their eyes met and they both smiled at each other. Tae Yeon pulled Jessica in the crowd because of some competition.

“Oh I lost her.” Tiffany sounded disappointed. Sunny rolled her eyes. “I should have at le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter