Biggest Mistake.

Liars, Cheaters, Losers, Weepers.

Raindrops felt like a hail of bullets as he ran down the high street, the storm had been in full force since last night- but that wouldn’t stop him. Rage seared the text into Luhan’s brain like a brand on flesh. Kai’s indifferent message to you after everything he’d done drove him over the edge. He told him that he’d brake it off. Not only had he cheated on you, Kai had lied to him. Why had he ever given him a chance? If Kai wouldn’t have told you, why didn’t he? Guilt, anger and the thought of what he was about to do sent a burst of adrenaline through him as Luhan kicks off the ground, sprinting round the corner towards yours and Kai’s house- ready for conflict.

He pounds twice on the door, making it shake on it’s hinges, puts a steely look on his face and his hands in his pockets- he’d hear what the bastard had to say before using them; it was only fair. Kai appears in the doorway, his face falls when Luhan pushes his way past him, shoving his shoulder with his own.

“Come in, why don’t you?” Kai mutters under his breath. Luhan grits his teeth, glass crunching under his feat as he steps into the living room. Pizza boxes, beer cans and broken glass bottles cover the floor, the curtains were closed and the TV cast an eerie blue glow around the room. He turns to Kai, shaking his head as he takes in his appearance. Grease-ridden hair, dark circles and cuts on his face.

“You look like , I take it Melody didn’t approve of playing second fiddle?” Kai rolls his eyes.

“Just spit it out, Luhan. I’m not in the mood for your judgemental right now.” Luhan scoffs, looking up at the ceiling.

“You’ve some nerve, you know that right? You told me you called it off weeks ago. ‘A one time thing’, and you have the cheek to get me to pick Y/N up from the airport whilst you’re ing some crazy woman.” Kai bites his cheek anxiously.

“It’s not like Y/N wasn’t doing exactly the same thing whilst she was away.” Luhan runs a hand through his hair, frustration growing by the second.

“No, Kai. No she wasn’t. Because not all people cheat on their partners when they’re apart for a few weeks.” Kai shakes his head, pointing at the door.

“Just get out, Luhan. I can’t deal with this right now.” Luhan takes a step towards Kai, his anger at the breaking point.

“You? You can’t deal with this? Do you even know what you’ve done to Y/N? I’ve noticed you haven’t even bothered to ask, but then again, you’re never bother about anyone else other than yourself. It’s always all about Kai isn’t it? I bet you never even cared about Y/N did you?!” His final words find him pulled roughly by the collar and slammed against the nearest wall. Kai’s voice is eerily calm.

image

“Don’t you dare presume to know how I feel. Don’t you ing dare. You have no ing idea how much I love her. None at all.” Luhan keeps his glare steady, his voice composed- yet cold.

“Love who, Kai? Y/N or Melody?” The sound of grinding teeth and a clock ticking from across the room is all that can be heard as the two hold an icy stare. The front door bursts open. You and Xiumin run in, horrified by the sight before you.

“Get off of him, Kai!” You grip onto Kai’s jacket and pull with all your strength- which after 3 days without eating, isn’t much. He moves a few inches, his grip still fastened. Luhan’s expression falters when he see’s you, he swallows hard before turning his gaze back onto Kai.

“Look at her, Kai. Look at what you’ve done to the woman you apparently ‘love’.” Kai looks down, turning his head to your direction and slowly meets your eyes. He see’s you then, really see’s you- your face drained of colour, no hint of the smile he fell in love with, no warm regard you once held for him. Just a shell. He’d broken you. 

His face crumples, a grimace replaces his angered expression as his grip on Luhan loosens. He turns slightly, his hands weakly hover at the sides of your shoulders, not daring to touch for the fear of you recoiling. Your pained eyes search his for an explanation- you had so much you wanted to say, you wanted answers, you wanted to hit, scream, lash out- hurt him as much as he’d hurt you. But all you could say, in a weak, solemn voice was;

“Why?” And it’s enough to bring him to his knees, his head bowed as he tries to him back sobs.

“I’m sorry. Nothing I can say will make you forgive me-” Luhan scoffs.

“You’ve got that right.” Kai sighs. 

“I panicked. I thought you went back home to… him.” You shake your head in awe.

“Are you serious? I went to my friends graduation, and you think I went to hook up with a memory, so you cheated on me- just in case?” Kai stays silent, not bearing to look at your face. You raise you hand to cup his chin, he jumps slightly as you bring his face up to look at you. “How could you think I’d do that to you? I love you. I still love you, and I’m a fool for it… but I can’t forgive what you’ve done.” You lower your hand and take a step back, shaking your head as he scrambles to his feet, panic hits like a tidal wave- you were leaving him.

 

“Please… please don’t, Y/N. I love you.” He stutters, trying to get to you but Xiumin stands in the way, his pity overwhelming. Luhan glares as he steps around him, ready to step in. Your steps towards the door echo through the room, crunching glass etching the memory in his mind. You spare him one last glance before the three of you leave the house.

“I’m sorry. We’re over.” Kai shuts his eyes, the door slamming shut signalling his solitude. He let out the breath he didn’t realise he was holding and collapses on the floor, running his hand through his hair and staring at his reflection in the shattered glass.

He had made the worst mistake of his life.

tumblr_inline_ns83qeli6P1rk81j8_500.gif