Pick me up?

Liars, Cheaters, Losers, Weepers.

After waiting for your luggage for around 20 minutes, you finally see your suitcase come through on the conveyer belt, looking slightly battered but unmistakably yours with your lego styled tag duct taped to the front of it. You tug it down and roll it through customs. After another excruciatingly long 20 minutes you turn the corner into pick ups and search the crowd for Jongin. You hear your name being called and furrow your brows. It wasn’t Jongins voice.

“Luhan?” You walk into his outstretched arms and allow yourself to be embraced by him. You weren’t unhappy to see him, just confused.

“Hey, Y/N. Jongin asked me to pick you up when you said you were coming up early and he’d come collect you from mine. Is that okay with you?” You feel your head unconsciously tilt in suspicion but nod slowly.

“Uhh, okay sure. What’s he doing? I haven’t heard from him ever since I’ve been gone.”

Luhan looks concerned at this; he’d been the closest friend to you of all of Jongins friends and always had an overprotective brotherly attitude about him when it came to you. If Jongin was doing something stupid, he’d be hearing from him.

“You really haven’t heard from him? What a jackass. I think he’s just getting home late from recording today.” He says as he takes your suitcase from your hand and rolls it towards the exit. You follow him, nodding again.

“Yeah, it’s strange. Before I left he seemed genuinely upset I was leaving, then nothing. Zilch. Nada.”

He frowns and stays silent as you both head to his car. He clicks the boot open, puts your luggage inside and slams it shut, making you jump. What’s up with him?

In the ride from the airport, he turns to you for a moment when you’re half way to his house.

“I think we should go to yours. I have a bad feeling there’s something you need to see.” He says in a careful withdrawn voice. You feel your stomach drop, not daring to ask why, just answering with a small ‘okay’.

As you pull up to the front of your home, you notice a taxi first, thinking maybe Jongin had decided to come pick you up- but what was wrong with his car? But then you saw them and you instantly feel sick. There was Jongin standing outside, entangled with some other woman. Before Luhan could stop the car you swung the door open and raced out; storming up to Jongin and pulling him away before he could even look up.

“So THIS is why you haven’t spoken to me in 3 weeks!?” You yell in his face, which is stunned into paralysis. You notice somewhere in the background Luhan is suggesting the woman leaves and you hear a car door shut. Jongin clenches his jaw as he tries to think what to say. You get angrier as he just stands there in silence. You slap him across the face and scream at him.

“How could you do this? I thought you loved me? Why would you do this to us? Was 3 weeks all it took? Or was it even 3 day?!” You start becoming hysterical, causing a few neighbours to close their windows in their homes or walk hurriedly passed. Jongin still stood silently, knowing what he did was wrong, but having no words to defend his actions.

When he doesn’t answer you again you feel your rage bubble up inside you and boil over. You start slapping him across the face and pounding against his chest, he just stands still and takes it. You feel hot tears fall down your cheeks and feel your knees buckle; he holds your arms to stop you falling but refuses to look at you. Luhan gives him a disgusted look and snatches you from his arms.

“C'mon, Y/N. You can come stay with me and Xiumin.” He says quietly, never taking his judgemental glare off of Jongin, helping you get into the car. He walks around to the drivers side and speaks bitter to him before getting in.

“You’d better have a damn good explanation for this, and you’d better pray she’s stupid enough to forgive you.”

And with that, you are driven away. Jongin watches as the car disappears down the road and lets out the breath he’s been holding. How could he have been so stupid? He turns, kicks and punches the wall and collapses on the hood of his car.

image