Would anything have changed?

Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We sit on the couch together, yet not together at the same time. Watching a movie, you are watching I can tell, your eyes are glued to the screen, but my eyes are glued to you. But you never notice. You never see me as more than a friend, just someone to hang out with, a pass time. I'm nothing more but a friend to you. Why couldn't I just stay away from you? Why couldn't I just walk away when you came to me that rainy day and offered me under your pink umbrella. Why couldn't I just walk away from you?  To you I'm just a friend but to me you are more than that, but I can't tell you that. Not when my chances are long gone. If I would have told you my feeling before he did would we be together? Would our love be as sweet as it is with him? 

You are like a venom, like a  disease, like a snake. Slithering around waiting for your pray to come to  you, and when it does you tear it up. Instead you approached me, was I your prey? But unlike a snake you don't know what you are doing. Without knowing you spotted me, you lured me to you. The same way you made me fall for you, but you have no clue whatsoever.  The hints I tried to give you, it was just like even if you were to have been alone only with me you would have still not noticed. You are so naive. Why can't you notice me? Am I invisible to you?

We became friends quite fast, we hung out together a lot. You came to me whenever you were felling down, even if it was a small thing that happened, you would still come to me. The tears that fell from your eyes tore at my heart like nothing had ever done before. I would always do stupid things just to make you laugh. Just to see your eyes sparkle and hear you obnoxious laugh. I would take you shopping just to make you happy. I wouldn't mind  carrying your bags full of clothes because it felt like a real date. Something that would never happen in real life. I would always joke around with you, telling you that it was like we were dating because you always made me carry your bags. Even if what you always said wasn't supposed to be more than just a joke or just simply nagging your words always hurt me. But I never showed it, not to you at least.

 

"Keep dreaming frog-face" I hated how people called me that, but coming out of your mouth just sounded melodic.

 

Everyday after college we would walk to my house and enjoy a movie marathon, then we would sink in to our homework. You would always get annoyed when you didn't understand  something, you would roll around the floor while muttering incoherent words. I would always help you even if I didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter