Seven - Speak of the Devil

My First Love, My Arch Enemy
#Su Eora#
 
"Eora," Hyunmi puts the last cup she just washed on the cupboard. "Where are you yesterday? I came but the cafe was closed."
 
My heart skips a beat upon her question. I clear my throat nervously and pretend to check the refrigerator even though I don't need to do it, "I was sick. I'm sorry that I didn't notify you."
 
"Oh," she mumble, tilting her head. "Kyuhyun asked me your address yesterday. Did you meet him? Did he come to your house?"
 
I'm sure heat creeps to my cheeks so I quickly walk pass her, grabbing the apron, "No. He didn't."
 
Why do I need to remember about what happened yesterday?!
 
Those two guys have serious problem with their attitude. One is younger but act like none while the other one act all high and mighty. Do they even consider me as a girl?!
 
I was in a complete shock because of Dongwoon's bold action. I still can't believe that he kissed me like I was his girlfriend!
 
On top of it, he kissed me thrice! I mean I'm older than him but he never treated me as one. He suddenly asked me to stay and sleep next to him; it's a good thing I live all by myself or God only knows what will happen!
 
"What's with that face?"
 
Speak of the Devil.
 
"None of your business," I retort without looking at him. How do you suppose I will react when I meet eyes to eyes with him?
 
"Are you mad at me?" Dongwoon approaches me while I'm cutting the strawberries with a knife. "Is it because of yesterday?"
 
"Yah! Stay away!" I quickly shift away from him. "Five metres! Five metres!"
 
"Are you trying to kill me with that knife?" he frowns. "We even slept next to each other yesterday so-"
 
"Yah! Son Dongwoon! Don't say things that make people to have wrong ideas!" I groan with frustration. "Nothing happened between us. You! Five metres!"
 
I'm too afraid about what he will do if he stays to close to me. Who knows when will he change into the Devil Kisser again?
 
He is supposed to be a cute junior! Not the Devil Kisser!
 
 
#Son Dongwoon#
 
Eora's reaction is really amusing. Looks like she is being alert against my action. Well, I admit that I'm crossing the line somehow with the kisses I suddenly gave to her.
 
I don't know what kind of idea Kyuhyun has about the baking contest or what he want from Eora. Whatever it is I just need to make sure that Eora will never fall for him.
 
Call me paranoid but didn't people say that a girl's first love is unforgettable?
 
"Fine. Five metres it is then," I tuck my hands inside of my pockets. "I want black forest."
 
"You...," Eora heaves a sigh and then returns to cut the strawberries. "You are unbelievable, Dongwoon. You know that I'm your senior but you-"
 
While she is complaining, I walk closer to her and land a kiss on her left cheek. My heart is beating really fast but I don't want to care about it.
 
"Y-Y-Yah!" Eora drops her knife and steps backwards in panic. "I said five metres! Aigoo!"
 
Her face is burning and I can't help myself to smile because of it. She fans her face with her hands and gives me a deadly glare, "You really need to stop doing that, Dongwoon... I'm your senior here..."
 
There she goes with the senior and junior again.
 
"That doesn't mean I can't love you," I blurt out my thought, taking steps closer to her. "Do you want me to call you 'Noona' that bad?"
 
I lift her chin with my fingers and lean closer to her, "I'll call you 'Noona' as long as-"
 
"Son Dongwoon!" Eora pushes me away with all her strength. "You can't go kiss girls all around whenever you want! It doesn't work that way!"
 
"You do sound like someone who has experiences about love," I mutter. That's when I realize that I have chosen wrong words.
 
Eora's expression changes, "Yeah, maybe you have better experiences with your girlfriends. Now why don't you just leave me alone?"
 
"Yah," I grab her wrist when she walks pass me but she quickly tosses my hand away. There is no sign of joke in her eyes.
 
"I mean it. Leave me alone," she repeats coldly. "You better go and take care of your own life."
 
Eora walks out from the kitchen and the guilty feeling strikes me with no mercy.
 
Looks like she is really mad now.
 
 
#Cho Kyuhyun#
 
Today is just another busy day for "Dream Kingdom". However I decide to close the cafe earlier because I want to think about the baking contest I mentioned to Eora yesterday.
 
There are several ideas in mind but I need to think about the details. I can't focus when I'm trying to manage the cafe at the same time.
 
"Don't follow me!" I hear the familiar voice across the street. "Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?"
 
Eora and Dongwoon are standing in front of each other. Eora puts an annoyed look while Dongwoon puts his usual expresionless face.
 
"You're going back with me," Dongwoon grabs her wrist and pulls her to follow him, walking away from "Sweetest Queen". "Don't argue."
 
Without even thinking twice, I walk to them and pull Eora's free hand. Due to the sudden action, Dongwoon is not prepared yet for an interruption.
 
"What? Having quarrel in front of your own cafe?" I smirk but don't let go of her hand. "Are you really her boyfriend?"
 
Dongwoon looks really annoyed with my presence but Eora reacts faster than both of us. She pulls me away and shouts out loud, "Don't follow me, Dongwoon, or I swear I will never talk to you again!"
 
Looks like something happened between them. She even chooses to end up with me rather than with Dongwoon.
 
"Sorry for dragging you along," she finally lets go of my hand when we have walked quite far; Dongwoon doesn't follow us. "Bye then."
 
"Who said that you can go away after pulling me without permission?" I murmur vividly. Eora stops and turns around to look at me with puzzled look. "Don't expect me to be nice with you, Eora."
 
"What-" she pauses and sighs heavily. She looks around and says, "Fine. I'll treat you for cakes."
 
She walks to a small bakery and enters it. I follow her behind and see her greet the waiter cheerfully, asking him about the recommended cake to buy.
 
The waiter is going to answer her but I cut his explanation, "I want the Swiss roll."
 
"Ah, sure," the waiter quickly grabs a box to get my order. Without any word, I walk pass Eora and head to the cashier to pay the cake.
 
"I can pay for it!" she chirps in when I take out my wallet. "I dragged you so-"
 
"You think I will let a girl to pay for me?" I answer her with monotone. "I have my pride."
 
I take the box and walk out from the bakery. Eora follows me with her small steps, "Don't blame me. I was going to pay but-"
 
"Just shut up and eat it," I hand the box to her. "I don't feel to eat sweets now."
 
I continue to walk but when I don't hear footsteps, I stop and turn to look at her. She is staring at the cake box with confused expression.
 
"What?" I ask shortly.
 
"Ah, nothing...," she replies. A smile then forms on her lips; a smile that makes my heart to beat faster, "It's the first cake you gave to me ten years ago."
 
"But of course you don't remember it anymore," she grins and then opens the box. "This is also the first cake I tried to bake."
 
"I remember," I murmur.
 
"Eh?" Eora looks up at me. I ignore her and continue my steps, trying to hide the fact that I'm actually blushing because of her.
 
It's just a cake... so why did she need to smile happily like that?
 
____________________
 
Author's Note:
 
"Speak of the Devil" is a phrase which means "A reference to someone who appears unexpectedly while being talked about".