Twelve - Truth is stranger than fiction

My First Love, My Arch Enemy
#Cho Kyuhyun#
 
I can't believe I agreed with her. I can't believe I went to this place with him. I can't believe I let myself became a fool.
 
"Anyone wants ice cream?" Eora turns to me and Dongwoon with bright smile, the smile that makes me happy and irritated at the same time. Why does she need to be this way?
 
Two days ago Eora suddenly announced an idea. More likely demanded us to agree with her idea. She wanted us, Dongwoon and I, to go with her for two days one night. 
 
She is indeed a girl with full time courage; she is willing to spend a night together with two guys? Yes, both of us even kissed her before. What was she thinking?
 
Eora brought us to a beach where a friend of her manages an inn. I bet things can go worse because I must share a room with Dongwoon.
 
Why am I doing this again? Because I want Eora to know that I'm serious.
 
Why do I need to become such a fool in love?
 
"Here," Eora hands me a cone of strawberry ice cream. "You like ice cream, right?"
 
She then hands a cone of vanilla ice cream to Dongwoon, "Vanilla, like usual. They said the ice cream is really delicious."
 
Eora walks away with a cone of chocolate ice cream in her hand, looking at the beach with a smile on her lips. I exchange looks with Dongwoon but both of us look away in unison, enjoying our own ice creams.
 
"If it's not for her, I will never, ever be here with someone like you," Dongwoon mumbles vividly. "I will rather stay in my house than spending times with someone like you."
 
I scoff and choose to stay in silence. I have an exactly same thought in mind. Who knows that both of us share some similarities when we're actually rivals to have a girl's heart.
 
Truth is stranger than fiction, isn't it?
 
 
#Su Eora#
 
I secretly glance at the two men who are still not talking at each other. I hold my laughter, looking away from them so they will not know that I'm laughing at them.
 
It's been four hours since I arrived at the inn but they're still acting as if they don't know each other. Somehow I find it amusing since they act like two little kids.
 
A friend of mine who owns an inn let me to have two rooms for a night. For the exchange, I will help her tonight and tomorrow with making cakes to serve her customers.
 
I know this is not a good idea to blend two stubborn persons together in one but I have enough with their stupid pride getting between me. I prefer to settle everything as soon as possible.
 
Running away only delays the moment for a while. Besides it's only lengthen their waiting for my decision; if they are willing to wait for me.
 
Dongwoon is a really good friend of me since we're at college but I never think of him like how he thinks of me. He is my junior and I'm glad that he is always be there for me.
 
But that's all.
 
While Kyuhyun... yes, he is my first love, but I never planned to be in love with him again. At least until this moment. To be exact I never thought of love because I want to focus with my career as a patissiere.
 
I still think that Kyuhyun is actually not serious. I mean, one moment he hated me and the next moment he kissed me. I mean, come on, am I that easy?
 
Because my mind is wandering somewhere else, I don't look where I'm walking. I trip over a sand castle but, fortunately, a hand catches me right when I almost hit the sand.
 
"Be careful," Dongwoon sighs, helping me to stand up properly. "Are we going to walk with no destination for the whole day?"
 
I grin wider upon his question, "I've been waiting for that question!"
 
Now they are going to help me, whether they want it or not.
 
 
#Son Dongwoon#
 
"Not that one, junior," Kyuhyun snatches the flour bag from me and takes another one. "This one is better to bake a cake."
 
I glare at him and then sigh heavily. Remind me again; what am I doing at a market with this man?
 
Not just asked us to come along with her to a beach all of a sudden, Eora also asked me to go to a market to buy ingredients for her. She said she need to prepare for tonight's dinner where she will help her friend, the owner of the inn.
 
Kyuhyun has been nagging me from times while I choose the ingredients Eora asked me to buy. Does she have any idea that we will fight because of this silly task?
 
I don't understand why Eora tries to keep me along with Kyuhyun when she knows for sure we're not in friendly term; Eora is not that dense. In fact I have a feeling that she has a secret plan behind all of these.
 
"Why don't you just buy everything by yourself then?" I snort, feeling like a complete idiot. He has knowledge that I don't have so why do I need to bother?
 
"Because she asked us to go together," he answers simply, busy choosing the eggs. "As much as I don't want to go with you, I don't think Eora will be happy if I abandon you."
 
Well, I guess he has a good point somehow.
 
"Yah, tell me something," he suddenly opens up a conversation when we're on our way back to the inn. "Since when did you like Eora?"
 
I frown, trying to study his expression, "Why? Jealous?"
 
For my surprise, Kyuhyun scoffs with a confident smirk, "Do I need to? I'm her first love, remember?"
 
"I don't hold any grudge on you but if you dare to hurt her, I will never forgive you," I tell him firmly, keeping myself calm.
 
"Why would I hurt someone I love?"
 
His statement makes me stop my steps. I look at him with disbelief. He has made it clear that he is my rival now.
 
"Good luck chasing after your Noona, junior," he smirks and continues to walk. "Let's see what you can do to win her heart."
 
Okay, I take back my words about his good point. This man has nothing good.
 
At all.
 
____________________
 
Author's Note:
 
"Truth is stranger than fiction" is a phrase which means "Events in real life are sometimes stranger than in fiction".