산다라.

Ten Things That I Love About Park Sandara.

 

 

ten things that i love about park sandara.
by --whisperbabe

.

.

.

 

 

 

       

From: 가호아빠 (Gaho's daddy)
8:46PM, November 12, 2011

축하해요 다라 (Congratulations Dara)

 

 

                     That jerk.

                Two words aren't even enough for a proper birthday greeting. To add to it, there isn't the slight presence of emoticons or smileys, no punctuation marks, no cheesy messages or endearing words to cheer me up on this special day of mine. Nothing. In fact, his congratulatory messages for 2NE1 whenever we win first place in different music shows are much, much longer than this text message of his.

                He didn't have to send me the text message. I could've celebrated the best birthday surprise my friends and colleagues prepared for me as happy as I can without receiving that simple text message. As -hurt as I sound, I'm pretty sure he greets all his other friends (and that includes people of the opposite ) in a long and detailed manner through text messages on their birthdays than he could ever greet his girlfriend.

                What now? Just because I'm his girlfriend, does it mean that he doesn't have to exert some effort in greeting? He should, since I'm his girlfriend! At least the rest of the Big Bang members were able to send their sweet and really long birthday greetings through SMS. And for a second back there, I thought that the birthday cake was from Ji since it had a butterfly on top.

                But I guess that's just me expecting something from him.

                “That jerk.” I muttered while I glared at my cellphone, eyebrows scrunched and teeth gritted together before throwing it on my bed. I grabbed one of the pillows on my bed in order to use it for slamming my cellphone. It felt good somehow, which is why I continued doing it. “How did I even end up liking you? Jerk!” I said before hitting my cellphone with the pillow. “Why the hell did I say that you were my ideal type on national TV!? I should've said it was Youngbae. Jerk!!” And another hit coming from my pillow. “I shouldn't have sung a duet with you for your album or in music shows and whatsoever. Why would you even want me to sing!? Bom-eonni's, Chaerin's and Minji's voices sound better than mine!! JERK!!”

                I stopped after hitting my cellphone for the 20th time, perhaps. I took in a deep breath before slamming my pillow on my cellphone for the last time. Strangely, although I really felt angry with his text message, I feel quite sad and disappointed towards the fact that he didn't even prepare something special for my birthday.

                For some reason, my eyes were getting teary all of the sudden, and I feel like my chest is being dragged to the ground. The anger in me just disappeared as I lower my head, kneeling down on the wooden floor, disappointed.

                “Kwon Jiyong, why couldn't you be sweet like how big Seunghyun is sweet towards Bom-eonni?” I sighed, shifting my gaze from the floor to my cellphone, which is hidden underneath the pillow.

                It was ten o'clock in the evening, and I'm celebrating this special day of mine without the person I love. I could've stayed like that all night if it weren't for the door opening out of the blue.

                “Eonni, what are you doing?” a familiar voice spoke out, puzzlement evident in her tone.

                I sighed in response, still staring blankly at the pillow.

                I then heard the door close, followed by a series of footsteps that were getting louder by the second. Next thing I know, I could feel her presence as she crouched down next to me. The girl with the faded brown hair took a peek of my face, hidden under the curtains that my hair made. She had this serious expression on her face at first, but she ended up chuckling afterward.

                “Wow, Jiyong-oppa is really a genius. He knew that you'd react this way when he sent that text message.” the younger girl stated, handing me over a bar of chocolate and an envelope.

                “So he knew that I would react this way and he intends to play with my feelings just like that?” I asked her, slightly angered with what Chaerin had said just now.

                Chaerin gave another chuckle as she covered with her hand. “No, silly. Jiyong-oppa won't do that to make fun of you. You know better.”

                I decided to take a look at the chocolate bar and the envelope in Chaerin's hand before lifting my head to face her. “Chaerin-a, how can he just send me a text message with two words for a greeting? And there isn't even a happy birthday in it. At least last time, during Bom's birthday, big Seunghyun danced for her despite the fact that he's Bingu TOP and that he has to film his dramas. What about Jiyong? He couldn't even make an effort!”

                Once again, Chaerin laughed at my statement. “You shouldn't compare your relationship with Bom-eonni and big Seunghyun-oppa's.” she showed me the chocolate bar and the sealed envelope. “Anyway, I came here to deliver these. You should read what's inside the envelope—you might be surprised.”

                “You see, Chaerin?” I said, gesturing my hands at the chocolate bar and the envelope. “He does this all the time. I bet everyone in South Korea knows this thing of his, if you could call this romantic, ever since he barged inside the room while we're filming 2NE1 TV.”

                Chaerin lifted an eyebrow. “And your point is?”

                “My point is that he does this often, and I fall for it. Can't you see how he thinks that he can easily manipulate me with chocolates and stuffed toys to make up for his mistakes and such? No, I'm not going to receive that letter! Tell him to send it to another girl who's celebrating her birthday on November 12 too!” As angry as I sound, I was running short of breath when I told Chaerin what's on my mind.

                Without another word, I stood up and headed off to my closet. Upon opening it, I throw out all the clothes that Jiyong had given me on the floor. Once again, I hear Chaerin ask what I'm doing (like it couldn't even be more obvious), and I simply told her in reply, “Getting all the stuff that he gave me. Tell him that since he's at Japan, he can date that Japanese model, for all I care! He can even give her these clothes as a present too!”

                “Eonni, don't do this.” Chaerin answered in a soft-spoken manner.

                While I was busy getting rid of all the clothes inside my closet, I heard the door open once more. Groaning, I asked without looking at the door. “Who is it this time?”

                “Yah, ssantokki! What the hell are you doing?” Another voice was heard inside the room. When I turned my head to glance at her, I realized that it was Bom-eonni. I paused for a moment, acknowledging Bom's presence.

                “Oh, Bom-eonni. What's the matter?”

                Bom-eonni had this confused look on her face as she entered the room without closing the door. Shifting her gaze from me to the pile of clothes on the floor, she faces me, “Aren't these the clothes that Jiyong gave you?”

                I smiled at her, “Not anymore! It belongs to that Japanese model now!” I said in an enthusiastic manner, however, with a hint of sarcasm in my tone. I returned to segregate my clothes inside the closet, throwing out what Jiyong gave me and keeping the clothes that Jiyong didn't give me as a present. “Could you help me get rid of the lollipops and the stuffed toy rabbits he gave me on top of my desk? We're going to box these things up and bring them to their dorms once they come back.”

                “Alright, what's going on here?” I heard Bom ask Chaerin. She sounded pretty mad when she asked her that question.

                “Eh, Dara-eonni's breaking up with Jiyong-oppa because he didn't send her a proper birthday greeting through SMS. But he has this chocolate bar and this envelope to give to eonni, but she doesn't want to read it.” Chaerin whined.

                Another person entered my room, and I'm pretty sure who it was since she sounded like she was talking with full.

                “What's wrong? Is Dara-eonni moving out?” the youngest of us all asked before I was able to close my closet and walk to my desk. “Dara-eonni, thanks for giving me some of the gifts your fans gave you!”

                “No problem.” I smiled at Minji before I throw all the stuffed toy rabbits on my desk on the floor, particularly on top of the pile of clothes. I faced the three of them with my hands on my waist as I took a deep breath. Bom-eonni and Chaerin had their eyebrows crinkled at the mountains of presents that Jiyong gave me while Minji had open wide after swallowing the food inside at the pile of gifts.

                “Well, these things aren't going to pack themselves, you know? I hope you can help me. It's my birthday anyway.” I told them before I sat down on the floor, starting to fold the clothes one by one in order to fit inside one huge box.

                 While I was doing so, I saw Bom-eonni open the envelope that was once in Chaerin's hand through the corner of my eye. I didn't bother looking on how Bom-eonni will react though, since I was busy folding the clothes.

                “Dara, I think you should see this.” Bom-eonni uttered, showing the letter from a distance.

                I lifted my head to face the three of them, with Chaerin's and Minji's heads on Bom-eonni's shoulders, their eyes fixed on the letter. When Bom moved the letter closer to the three of them, I observed what their reactions will be, since they looked quite amazed with what they're reading. Gasps came out of Chaerin and Minji's mouths, followed by an “aww...”.

                “Eonni, you should really read this!” Minji faced me, her face bearing a hint of excitement.

                Chaerin had this grin on her face when she lifted her head at me. “Yup! Jiyong-oppa is really sweet!”

                Instead of doing what they want me to do, I simply rolled my eyes and returned to folding my—rather, his clothes. “So he decides to be sweet now, huh? That jerk.” I mumbled to myself.

                “Dear Sandara, I'm sorry if I won't be able to make it to your surprise birthday party because I have my priorities under Big Bang.” Bom started to read the contents of the letter out loud.

                “Oh, why am I not surprised.” I sarcastically implied.

                “But do know that I'm always thinking about you. I hope you liked the birthday cake that I bought for you. You'll always be my butterfly.”

                I clicked my tongue, slightly annoyed with how his way of words can still touch my heart even though I'm returning all the he gave me. I try to keep a straight face while I continue on folding the clothes.

                But thinking about it, my birthday cake did have a butterfly on top of it. So does it mean that Jiyong really cares?

                “Happy 28th birthday, Park Sandara. Since I met you, I kind of know that you'll be playing a special role in my life. I mean, what's not to love about Park Sandara? In fact, there are ten things that I love about her.” Bom's voice softened towards the last statement, and strangely, I could feel my heart beat at a fast pace, like I should prepare myself for what I'll be hearing from him.

 

 

 

                1. Her eyes

                  Though I may sound like I'm hallucinating, Park Sandara's eyes would always sparkle whenever I look at her. There's something about those hazel eyes that would leave me lost and be caught in a daze, that captivate me somehow. Although I don't intend for it to happen, I couldn't understand the spell that her eyes had brought upon me, and I couldn't tell if it's a blessing or a curse. But I guess that the former would explain it, because Park Sandara's eyes are the eyes of the innocent and the pure.

 

                2. Her voice

                 Though her voice isn't the best sound that has echoed throughout the planet, whenever she calls my name, I would feel my heart skip a beat. Even if she doesn't even make it sound special, I wouldn't get tired hearing my name being called from those lips of hers. In fact, I loved hearing her greet me with her sweet hellos, which explains the song, “Hello”, and the fact that I wanted to get closer with her through that song, which is why I intentionally made it a duet for us. Kekeke...

 

                3. Her aegyo

               Maybe Park Sandara has always been a newborn baby in her past life because she's already cute even though you don't ask her to be cute. It's her charms that make me want to smile at her. I even want to have an aegyo competition with her to test who's cuter—me or her. But maybe I'd fail in the first place because she's going to unleash her aegyo at me first before the games starts, making me raise the white flag... kekeke. I'd get secretly jealous when she'll unleash her real aegyo at other guys because it looks like it's kind of like her way of telling them that they're special. :( I hope that when she reads this letter, she'll do her aegyo for me.

 

                4. Her oddness

                Dara, don't take it the wrong way, okay? You're unique—even Director Yang says it so himself. But in the midst of this crazy world that practices the rules of the norm, you're that free-spirited person that won't allow herself to be manipulated    by what other people say. Although you do a few things that make you odd, it doesn't make me love you even less. You're abutterfly, flying free.

 

                5. Her hands

              Her soft hands that make me want to hold them for a long, long time. Whenever our hands would touch during training sessions, I would smile to myself, because I've always wondered what it's like to hold her hand. It was kind of hard for me to keep these strange feelings of mine, but whenever I'd feel even the slightest touch of her hand, I'd be satisfied with just that, and I'd look forward to tomorrow, for another chance to touch or even hold them. And now that we're together, I wouldn't have to wait for an accident or tomorrow for me to hold them.

 

                6. Her heart

                    I know that Park Sandara's heart has a scar due to the past, but she has never stopped being a loving person, although she's seen as a cold person by some. Though she's a bit scared of Gaho, she would ask me if I feed him everyday or if I take him out for a walk (expected of Gaho's mommy). She also knows how to care for the staff and her colleagues, asking them if they're fine as often as possible. She couldn't bear to disappoint people, which is why she tries her best to meet their expectations. I should take care of Park Sandara's heart because deep inside, I know that it's still a heart who just wants to be cared for, to be loved. I just hope that people would understand her seemingly cold heart and be more understanding towards her, because she deserves to be loved.

 

                7. Her smile.

              There's something about Park Sandara's smile that remains a mystery to me. She smiles when she's happy; she smiles when she's tired; she smiles after getting a month's worth of lecture coming from Director Yang; she smiles even when she gets constipated after eating too much ramen. Even when she has already broken down into tears or become furious towards something, she'd try to put up a smile to show everyone that she's strong and that she can surpass any obstacle. There are many versions of Park Sandara's smile, each having a special trait to it, but I've always preferred that smile of hers whenever she'd look, or even glance at me, among all those smiles. Because I know that deep down, she isn't smiling because she wants to show people that she's alright; she's smiling because she knows that I'm hers, and it's coming from her heart, not from what she tells herself in her mind.

 

                8. Her passion for her dream.

            When I heard that Director Yang was interested in scouting this Korean who followed her dreams of  becoming a superstar in the Philippines, I found it kind of funny when I first saw her name, and her music video of her singing in Filipino. Seeing that this girl accepted YG's business proposal, I thought that she won't be able to last training under YG. But upon seeing Park Sandara's motivation to chase her dreams, I thought to myself that this girl will do so many things... and because she never gave up, because she has always persevered right from the beginning, she has finally tasted success in her home country, bringing more smiles to those who had loved her from the start, and inspiring other people to follow their dreams. Even I was inspired towards Park Sandara's passion for her dream; it reminds me to stay humble all throughout, like what Park Sandara did when she first started working under YG.

 

                9. Her patience for things.

             Park Sandara had a long way to go back then, but still, she was always patient. Even though Director Yang always told her back then that she didn't have a future in singing and that she should just focus on acting, Park Sandara has always been patient, taking those words from Director Yang as her motivation to work hard. Besides her patience towards these things, she has always been patient towards me—when I had my activities back in Japan, I would always ask her to be considerate, and she has always been like that. Even when this scandal between this Japanese model and I broke out (because we fought that time, remember?), she's been patient and forgiving. Dara, I'm sorry about that again.       

 

                10. Sandara. (산다라)

              Sandara – a very rare name indeed. Your three lettered name has always inspired me to write songs. It also  indicates that I love you as a whole—for who you are and for everything that you are. I love Park Sandara because she's simply wonderful, amazing. She may be human, but she's Park Sandara. She's very unique like her name, and she's the only Park Sandara in my life... and I'm happy that God has given me an angel on this very day, 28 years ago.

 

                There are still a lot of things that I love about Park Sandara, but I simply love her for everything that she is...

 

 

 

                “...once again, happy birthday, Park Sandara, my ssantokki and my butterfly. Saranghae. Love, Kwon Jiyong.”

                After listening to Bom read Jiyong's letter out loud, I could feel tears falling down from eyes. I didn't even realize that I stopped folding the clothes that he had given me, and that I've been using one of them to wipe off my tears. I had my head lowered all throughout the time Bom was reading it, for I didn't want them to see me react in this manner after I made them think that I'm breaking up with Jiyong.

                Sniffling, I tried to sneak a peek of what they're doing at that moment, only to find Chaerin and Minji staring at me the whole time. Bom-eonni still had her eyes directed at the letter as she opened , like there's a continuation to what she just read.

                “Meet me at the fourth floor, particularly at the dance studio for the new trainees at around 11:30PM. I'll be there, I promise.”

                I faced the three of them afterward, wiping off the sad look on my face, pretending to be this cold-hearted person who isn't moved with what her lover has written for her. “So, what do you want me to do? Go run to YG Entertainment and meet him there!? I don't think so!!”

                Bom-eonni groaned, gesturing Jiyong's letter in her hand. “Dara, how can you not have the heart to meet him there!?” she then points at the wall clock near my bed. My eyes followed the direction of her finger. Bom added, “It's already 11:15! Yes, go run your way there!!”

                A part of me wanted to follow my heart and rush to the building to meet Jiyong there, but there's only a little amount of time left. I still have to dress up since I'm already wearing my pink bathrobe and bunny pajamas.

                “Do you guys really think I should go?” I asked them, glancing at my outfit before facing them with a hesitant look on my face.

                “Oh, for crying out loud!” Chaerin groaned out in English before facing Minji. “Minji-a, get her left arm. I'll be holding her right arm. We're going to drag her to the elevator.”

                “What!?” I reacted, about to move away from the two younger girls but they were able to get a hold of my arms before I was able to make a move. With the unexplainable strength that they possess together, Chaerin and Minji pulled me up in order for me to stand up. The next thing I know, they were dragging me out of my own room and later on, by the front door.

                “Wait! I don't have shoes!!” I yelled, since I was only wearing a pair of fuzzy pink slippers that time.

                “There isn't much time, eonni.” Minji replied as she opened the door with her free hand before they started dragging me again to the elevator. Chaerin pressed the elevator button for down, and when the elevator doors had opened, they pushed me inside.

                While the doors were still open, Bom-eonni appeared between Minji and Chaerin, holding a pair of rubber slippers. She threw them inside the elevator, “These should do.”

                I furrowed my eyebrows at the pair of slippers before shifting my gaze at the three of them. Chaerin was already waving her hand, grinning as she wished me good luck while Minji was saluting me like I was a soldier preparing for battle. Bom-eonni simply curved her lip at me, somehow bearing the thought that she knows what will happen at the building where Jiyong told me to meet him. Conclusion: they were all giddy for me.

                “Chaerin-a, Minji-a, you two are so dead when I come back!! You're forgetting the fact that I'm your eonni!!”

                “Goodbye, Dara-eonni~” Minji uttered, smiling while the elevator doors were starting to close by themselves.

                Alone inside the elevator, I leaned back onto the wall as I took in a deep breath, realizing how I let one simple text message get in the way between our relationship. Yes, these small things matter, but thinking about all the other things that Jiyong has done for me—writing me a song, buying the cake for my birthday, writing me a letter stating ten things that he loved about me; these are the small things that I overlooked.

                And to think I was about to break up with this romantic guy just because of my hurt feelings!

                With my lips curved into a smile, I heard the elevator ring before its doors open before me. I ran as fast as I could in order to reach the building on time, where he's there waiting for me.

 


 

A/N:

OK. Done! Belated happy birthday, Dara!

Anyway, I want to thank those who commented and subscribed. I'm really glad to know that someone wants to read this DaraGon story of mine. :)

I'm thinking of posting a part 2... you know, the part where Dara meets Jiyong at YG... do you think I should continue this story or leave this as it is? State it in your comment so that I would know. Plus, how's my writing? It looked like it this time. >.< I'm sorry guys!! TT.TT But I hope that you like this story somehow... or it made you smile in a way. :)

Once again, thank you for reading this story of mine. Comments are loved. ♥ I want to hear from you!! :DD



♥SAB

To God be the glory!