Chapter 23

What should I name this Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a week since we got 'married' and Kai is cold as ever. No one has found out our little secret and I could not be happy enough for that. Most of all I still haven't spilled the beans to Baekhyun. I knew he would be furious if he found out. He did warn me before about Kai but I still don't know what he meant. Was is this? That he's evil? I don't know anymore. I'm doing this all for my mom. But I can't help but think if this thing we have is going to last. Again what's the point in staying with him if he hates my guts. I'm still so annoyed that I don't know the reason he's doing this. What could I have possibly done to him? I sigh and pick up a book to read.

I'm laying on my bed home alone and God knows where Kai is. Ahh it's so peaceful without him. But that peace didn't last too long as I hear the doorbell ringing. I sigh and get up. I check the time and the clock read 11:02 pm. Who could it be at this time? I'm positive it's not the devil since he has the card key but maybe someone robbed him and took his wallet. I snicker at the thought. It would feel great if he got few punches too. Yes, that would be a beautiful sight. I open the front door with irritation written all over my face. But it vanished as soon as I say who was standing in front of me. Suddenly I forgot how to breathe. No! This wasn't supposed to happen. I didn't want him to find out like this. What would he think of me? I guess he's as shocked as I am since he's not speaking.

"Eunhae! What are you doing here?!" He asks while eyeing my clothes. Oh crap I forgot what I'm wearing! I'm wearing my sleeping clothes. A pink tank top and pink shorts with bunnies printed on them. I cough and motion for him to come in.

"I-I'll be back just give me a fee minutes." I run back to my room and wear a pair of pajamas and throw on a cardigan. I fix my hair and take a deep breath while walking out to the living room. I see him sitting on the couch his back facing me but I could tell how tense he is. His hands are folded on his lap and he's staring at the blank TV screen. I take a seat next to him but not too close.

He turns to me and his eyes are full of emotion but I can't pinpoint which. "I believe you have some explaining to do, Eunhae."

I look down because suddenly the couch is the most interesting thing. He holds my chin and makes me turn to face him.

"Just tell me Eunhae. I would understand aren't I your friend?" He asks pleadingly and I suddenly feel guilty about not telling him. I should have told him from the very beginning. After all he's the only close friend I have.

I take a deep breath before I start to talk." My mom is very sick Baek. You know that right?" He nods his head and holds my hands tightly. "2 weeks ago she really needed surgery to live. The money was too much and I didn't know what to do. But Kai came saying that if I..." I stop myself from saying any further. What would be his reaction? What if their friendship suffers because of me. No, I can't be this selfish. He urges me to go on but I feel like I shouldn't tell him.

"I asked her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter