Chapter 21

What should I name this Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I had always imagined that I would have the best wedding ever. I imagined a small wedding with my mom and some close friends of mine. A loving husband standing at the platform holding out his hand for me to take. Sweet smiles adorning our faces and eyes filled with love. We would have written out vows for each other. Filled with love and admiration. We would go to Jeju for our honeymoon even if it's a bit cliché.

But here I am standing in front of a lawyer signing my life away to the most confusing person. My hands shake as I sign the papers but I have to be strong, for my mom. Kai signs the papers and the lawyer stamps and puts it away the copy for the records after giving us the original certificate. The silence between us is deafening but it's broken.

The lawyer and few other clerks have smiles on their faces,"Congratulations you are now husband and wife."

I smile at them stiffly and bow. I see that Kai's face is expressionless. I'm just worried about why he's acting this way. I'm worried because as they say there is silence before a storm. I hope it's not true for my case. I just hope that he's just stressed. But I can't help but think why he got married to me all of a sudden.
I haven't even noticed that we reached his car. I seat myself into the car and Kai starts to drive. Face still cold. I don't try to break the silence either. After a while I see him going the opposite direction of my house.

"Kai you passed my house. It's the other way."

He just sighs as if I said something so wrong,"You'll be living with me from now on."

"W-what do you mean!?" I say and my voice come out a pitch higher.

"Aren't married couples supposed to live in the same house? Wait, what would you know about married couples right?" He asks a bit irritated.

Before I could respond to him he throws a velvet box into my lap. I look at it confusingly but open it and I'm surprised to see a wedding ring in it.The ring is so beautiful with diamonds adorned in it.

"Wear it so people don't question our relationship." He says without looking at me.

"Kai why?" I dare to ask. "Why did you suddenly get married to me? Tell me the reason. I didn't ask before as I was too ecstatic about saving my mom." I say bitterly

He doesn't answer me but I could tell he is pissed off. His hands grip the steering wheel and his knuckles are all white. He clenches his teeth but refuses to reply to me. I don't think it's about the roof incident because after that he was fine with me. I'm worried sick about this situation. He suddenly slams the brakes hard and gets out of the car. I just noticed that we arrived at his house. I mindlessly follow him into his house or should I say 'our' house. As I walk into the house he just storms up into his room. I just awkwardly stand there not knowing what to do. After a while of waiting I assumed he's not going to come back so I just sat on the couch. I have no idea when I fell I asleep on the couch but now someone is waking me up. Shaking me hard.I get up groggily and see the figure in front of me.

"I'm sorry I just fell asleep I didn't know whe-," I try to apologize but he cuts me off.

"I don't care. I just came to tell you that your room is across from mine. Do not go into my room. It's on the right side of the stairs. Yours is on the left side."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter