Hello!

Let's Not Fall In Love x If You (Daragon Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s not fall in love, we don’t know each other very well yet

Actually, I’m a little scared, I’m sorry

Let’s not make promises, you never know when tomorrow comes

But I really mean it when I say I like you”

Are you gonna keep writing about the past? She asked ‘him’ through her thoughts. She actually expected this kind of situation. It happens frequently.

“Noona, are you okay?” Seungri asked the woman beside him as he consulted with her the new song in their album.

“Ah, yes, Seunghyun-ah. It’s…great. After all, it’s Big Bang! All your songs are great!” She told the maknae. She faked a smile, as she was faking her feelings throughout these years.

Oh ! Seungri suddenly realized what he has done. He was too excited to share their new song to Dara, who was his closest friend among the 2NE1 members, that he forgot that the song might affect her emotionally. Especially knowing who wrote the lyrics to it.

“A-ah, Dara n-noona, I’m s-sorry…” He told her and bowed his head low in embarrassment.

“Aigoo... What are you doing? I’m alright now. No need to do that.” She said in a joyous tone. Again, another fake reaction.

“I don’t think so.” He answered her.

Suddenly, the door to the recording studio opened and both turned to see that it was ‘him’ who just entered.

“What are you doing?” Jiyong asked the two, wondering why it was only the two of them inside. He was supposed to meet Kush and Teddy today at the studio to work on another track.

“Seungri was just showing me your new song. It’s really great. I liked it!” She beamed at him.

Noona… Seungri mentally called her out. He knew it still wasn’t okay even though she said it was, a lot of times. Knowing the past between two of the people closest to his heart and how it wasn’t much of a good memory to them also hurt his heart.

“Thank you.” He simply replied.

“I’ll get going now. Annyeong!” She bid goodbye, not wanting to be with ‘him’ for a longer span of time.

As soon as she stepped out the room, she clutched unto her heart, feeling it twitch inside. She thought she was already over it. But, why is she still feeling this way?

“You…bastard.” She muttered and walked away.

FLASHBACK

2006

“Hyung, I’m seeing her here lately, who is she?” Jiyong asked their manager and pointed at the slim figure sitting across them.

“Ah, that’s Sandara, our newest trainee.” His manager replied.

“New trainee? I think I’ve seen her before though.” He said.

“Ah, that’s because she’s from the Philippines and was just taking lessons that time. Now, she moved back to Korea and signed with YG.” His manager continued on explaining. “But you know what? I’ve heard that she’s a really famous celebrity in the Philippines! I wonder why she came back when she already has a good career.”

Is that so? Jiyong thought. Hearing this story from his manager really made him anxious that he can’t stop thinking about her. Once in a while, he would ask a staff of the company about her and slowly, he was getting to know her through other people until they met…

“Ladies, this is Big Bang, as most of you know. And guys, they are our future girl group, 2NE1!” A staff member introduced them together.

“Hyung, we already know them. We trained together before!” TOP told him.

“Ah, right! I’m sorry!” Both parties laughed. “Ah, but not her!” She pointed at Sandara. “This is Sandara Park, their latest member, and I think the last one to join the team also. She was supposed to be an actress but sajangnim decided to put her in 2NE1.” He explained and motioned for her to introduce herself.

“Annyeonghaseyo! I’m Sandara Park, the fresh vocal of the team.” She bowed and smiled at them.

“Probably the visual too.” Daesung whispered at Youngbae who nodded in response.

From then on, the two groups become much closer to each other. Even with 2NE1 debuting later than Big Bang, the two groups remained close to each other meeting most of the time, practicing and playing around in the company. And never did they expect that they’ll be this close. Especially ‘them’…

2009

“Girls, this is it. One last night and tomorrow, we’ll officially be 2NE1.” Chaerin told the girls who were all lying down on their beds.

“Unnie, I’m really nervous, I can’t sleep.” Minzy said, as she was hugging one of her pillows tightly.

“Me too.” Bom said.

“Instead of being nervous, let’s be excited. Finally, they will know that a group like 2NE1 exists.” Dara told them.

“Unnie’s right. Tomorrow, everyone will meet CL, Dara, Bom and Minzy.” CL smiled to herself.

“That sounds pretty good to me.” Bom said, also smiling.

Dara’s phone beeped and she took it out to see who it was. She opened it and saw a message from Jiyong.

From: Kwon Jiyong

Tomorrow’s D-day! Good luck Dee! You can do it!

Dara smiled as she read his short but meaningful message.

To: Kwon Jiyong

Thank you, Ji!! I hope you watch our performance well!! Good night~

She then shut her phone off and with that, all of them slept with a smile on their faces.

Hours passed and it was already just a few minutes until the girls get up on stage. It was obvious how they were all tensed and nervous to go up on stage. Big Bang came to cheer them on. The waiting room was jam-packed with people from YG.

“Noona, stop it. You look funny!” Seungri chuckled at Dara who pointing both of her forefingers and poking them with each other.

“Nervous?” Jiyong asked, trying to look cool.

“Ah, yes.” She replied shortly.

As years passed by, she and Jiyong got closer to each other as they both had a lot of similarities. From fashion, food, perspective in things, to talking secrets about the people around YG. They both really matched well. But when people were around, they don’t act as close as to when they were just alone together. Or maybe, it was just her who was awkward with all of it.

“It’s okay. You guys will do great!” He cheered on them.

Seungri who was quite close to Dara noticed how awkward she was acting even though they’ve known each other for a few years now. He, who was also developing his relationship with Jiyong, noticed that Ji was acting different lately. He was even envious how their leader got closer to the members of 2NE1 faster than he got close with him. It took months for the girls while it took him a year.

I smell something fishy here. He thought.

“2NE1, please go backstage now. You’re on standby!” A staff of the broadcast program announced.

The girls looked at each other and gave a nervous smile. They stood up and made their way to the backstage. As Dara stood up, she felt a warm hand in her shoulder.

“Good luck, D—Noona!” He said, almost calling her Dee in public, which was his own nickname for her.

“Thank you!” She smiled earnestly at him before walking away.

“I saw that, hyung.” Seungri smirked at him.

“Mind your own business.” He told him.

Seungri just formulated a conclusion from his hyung’s answer.

So, he does like her. He smiled to himself.

2010

Text messages…

Jiyong: Dee! You do know I’m working on my solo album now, right?

Dara: Ah, yes~ Is there anything wrong?

Jiyong: No. But can I ask you a favor?

Dara: What is it? As long as it’s not financial, I can help you! Kekeke

Jiyong: It’s not! Kekeke! I just finished composing a song today, it’s a duet and I think you would really suit the girl part in the song. Would you like to sing it with me?

Dara: Oh really??? Is G-Dragon really offering me to feature in his album??? Omo~~ That’s daebak! Of course! I’d love to~~

Jiyong: Okay then, I’ll tell sajangnim now. We’ll record next week so take care of yourself and be in best condition during recording, alright?

Dara: Yes, I will! Thank you Ji! G-Dragon jjang!~~

Throughout their little conversation, Jiyong was smiling to the point that Teddy thought he was going insane. The day came for them to record the song, and it went well. The two had a good chemistry and worked well together. The album came out and G-Dragon was promoting Heartbreaker and Breathe simultaneously. Then the company decided to also promote some songs on the album, like his and Dara’s duet, “Hello”.

Practicing the routine was not pressure at all. Both Dara and GD were comfortable with acting chummy with each other as it was normal to them when they were together. Well, Dara was hesitating at first but GD guided her throughout the journey.

G-Dragon held a concert and they were told to do a special twist to the end of the song. They were suggested to fake a kiss. GD was all up for it while Dara was a little bit hesitant but agreed to it anyway.

“Why are you so afraid?” Jiyong asked her.

“No, I’m not.” She lied.

“I know you are. Do you feel uncomfortable around me now?” He asked.

“No, it’s not like that.” She answered.

Just as he was about to ask a follow up question, the staff called him on standby.

What if they notice it? She sighed, thinking about the staff and fans.

After a few numbers, it was already time to perform “Hello”. Many fans cheered on them, especially when a lot think they look cute together.

It was about time for their fake kiss. They approached each other and GD took his hat to cover their faces. He took this opportunity to get this close to her and kissed her nose.

“Don’t be afraid.”  He said, and flashed a quick smile just before looking back at the audience.

Dara was a bit flustered but being the professional performer that she is, she tried to maintain her chill in front of the crowd. Her heart was beating faster than the beats in the song and it drove her insane. But hearing those words from him… It meant a lot to her. It’s like he read her thoughts all this time.

2011

Seungri was called by YG once again. The maknae, being used to it, knows he’s gonna be scolded again. But, for what reason though?

After having a talk with Yang Hyun Suk, who actually scolded him in case he does something stupid in the future, he passed by Taeyang who was recording his new song called “I Need A Girl”.

He hanged around for a bit, listening to the lyrics word by word.

“Hyung!” He called GD who was sitting beside Teddy.

“Yes?” Jiyong replied.

“You wrote this, right?” Seungri asked.

“Yes.” He shortly replied, tired from all the work he’s been doing this past few days, especially with their comeback date, coming closer.

“Eyyy. I Need A Girl? But you already got a girl!” He .

Jiyong actually wanted to punch Seungri right there but he found himself smirking with his statement.

“Is it true?” Teddy asked him. “Wow, you’ve been keeping it from me all this time?”

Jiyong chuckled at Teddy who was being sulky all of a sudden. “It’s not like that, hyung.” He told him.

They filmed the music video for Taeyang’s song and Jiyong was quite envious when he found out Dara was going to be his bestfriend’s partner. But then again, he was also happy. Aside from the fact that they were there together, she was also acting as the girl who Jiyong was describing in writing the song’s lyrics. It’s somehow funny because he wrote this song as he was actually thinking about her.

Few months passed and the whole entertainment world was in an uproar when news came out that G-Dragon was called in for smoking which was prohibited in Korea. It was just actually an accident but a lot of people have been rough towards him, especially the netizens. Aside from that, another member of Big Bang, Daesung, was involved in a car accident. In short, it was a very unfortunate time for Big Bang.

Dara has been sending some text messages to Jiyong but he has never replied to one. A week passed and still no word from him. She only got updated by some rumors around the company. Yesterday, she heard the cafeteria lady saying that Ji went back home for a while. Then some staff would say that he was still in the dormitory and wasn’t coming out of his room.

She trusted her instinct and went to their dormitory. With Seungri’s help, she entered the territory and got stuck outside his room. Seungri left to let the two of them talk.

“Jiyong-ah, are you there? It’s me, Dee. I’m here.” She spoke softly as she knocked. “Are you awake? I’ve been worried about you.” Still, no reply from him. “Ji, are you there?”

The door slowly opened, revealing a very gloomy G-Dragon. His hair was messy and his eyes looked tired and heavy.

“Ji…” She gasped.

Hearing her voice, automatically made him emotional again.

“Jiyong-ah.” She said and hugged him, rubbing his back, telling him it’s okay to cry.

He liked the feeling. She was petite and thin but her hug brings him a warm feeling. He cried on her shoulders and hugged her tighter every time he’d sob.

It took him minutes to finally let go.

“I’m not going to say anything today. Just tell me what’s bothering you and I’ll listen to it all day.” She told him.

Dara really knew him well. Jiyong was the type of person who didn’t want to be comforted. That’s why when he has a problem he keeps it all to himself. He liked how in times like this, she would just hug him and let him tell her his problems and doesn’t tell him anything in return. Because for Jiyong, her hug is already enough.

2013

GD was throwing a party for his party and all of his friends were invited. Dara was very ill that time that she can’t even get out of her bed. She didn’t attend his party but made sure she greeted him on his special day.

Text messages…

Dara: Jiyong-ah~~~ Happy birthday! Thank you for being born on this day! You’re really a blessing to the people around you. Keep smiling and keep being happy. I’ll be always here for you, okay? Have fun at your party!~~ Tell CL to bring me some food when she comes back.

Jiyong: Thank you Dee! I hope you were here too! We’re having fun but it would be better if you were here. Rest well, okay?

Dara: Yes, I will! Oh, by the way, I heard Kiko-ssi is there? Aigoo, I’d love to meet her. CL told me she’s really nice!

Kiko was already acquainted with lots of YG artists since 2011. All of the 2NE1 members already met her, except for Dara who was busy with her cfs and ads during that time.

Jiyong: Ah, yes. She’s here! Both her and CL are having way too much fun. I’ll introduce you to her next time!

Dara: Oh really? I should learn more Japanese from now on then. Kekeke!

2NE1 was now promoting their new single “Falling In Love”. It actually showed another side to the group. Jiyong liked the concept, it was fresh for the group but when he heard that the girls were asked to wear swimsuits during the swimming pool scene, he immediately called the stylist assigned for the music video and made some changes. He sneakily said that it was Sajangnim’s orders.

On October, a party was held by AOMG. Lots of celebrities were invited, including some YG Family members. Everyone had a good time. Even Justin Bieber was there. GD noticed how sly he was looking at the cute girls in there. And it even made him furious when he heard he actually kissed Dara when they took a picture together. While a performance was going on, he spotted Justin across the stage, eyeing on Dara. To make the boy stop, he approached her and placed his hand over her shoulders then reaching her head to brush it softly. Dara was taken aback with his sudden action but acted like she didn’t. GD saw Justin laughing and shaking his head then walked away. He smirked knowing his plan worked. That guy better not touch ‘his’ girl again.

    

As the party ended, Jiyong was suddenly beginning to think about his actions. It was the first time he made a move out of jealousy. He never did that…until earlier.

Days passed and Chaerin had a serious talk with her unnie regarding the things she was noticing for the past few years. CL has been holding it back but when videos from the AOMG Party were uploaded online and gained a lot of attention, she can’t help but make a move about it. Yes, their sajangnim was getting clues from now and then but he still wasn’t convinced because he insisted he knew Jiyong so well and that Jiyong would never do that.

“Unnie, I’ve been noticing some things these past few years. I haven’t really spoken about it but I know.” Chaerin opened up.

“About what, Chaerin-ah?” Dara asked her.

“Jiyong oppa.” She said straight to the point.

Dara was speechless for a while. She and GD knew that the people surrounding them were already getting clues about how special their relationship was but she never really talked about it with her members. CL was the leader and she was strict with following their dating ban.

“Chaerin-ah… I’m sorry…” Dara bowed.

“Why unnie?” CL asked her.

“For liking him…” Dara said.

Chaerin was a bit sad when her unnie said that. At first, she thought of telling Dara to control her feelings for him and that this wasn’t right because they were under one company, under one family. But the sadness in her tone pained the leader’s heart. She’s a badass chick on the outside but she’s a softie on the inside. Jiyong was a close friend of hers. Too close that he could be literally her brother. Meanwhile Dara was like CL’s bestfriend. She was always there for her, in good and in bad times. How was she supposed to tell her to stop when it’s already too late?

“Unnie, do you… really like him?” CL asked.

Dara really thought about it. Contemplating if she really just like him or was it more than that? She sighed heavily and nodded.

CL immediately hugged and her. Dara was shocked as to why the leader was doing such actions but still she hugged back.

“Unnie, I won’t stop you. I will support you on this one.” She whispered.

Dara smiled. She didn’t expect a response like this from CL. “Thank you, Chaerin-ah.”

Weeks have passed and everything was going steady within the company. Dara knowing Jiyong was in the recording Studio, decided to buy coffee and doughnuts.

“Annyeong!” She happily smiled entering the studio.

She was surprised to know it was just Jiyong inside.

“Oh, you came?” Jiyong simply asked. He was up all night producing this certain song that he hasn’t finished yet for a week now. It was very unusual for him since he usually writes a song or two a day. But this one took him longer. He just can’t give up on this song yet. He already invested too much time and effort.

“Where is Teddy oppa?” She asked.

“He went to the hospital. His father got admitted earlier.” He answered.

“Oh, really? I brought him coffee and doughnuts too. Here, have some.” She placed the items on the table.

“I’ll have some later.” He said.

Dara noticed something was off. She thought maybe he was just tired.

“Can I stay here for a while?” She asked.

“Okay.” He said.

An hour passed and they haven’t spoken to each other again.

A month has passed and the relationship between Dara and GD was somehow faltering. She was busy with promoting Missing You with her members and he was also busy with his solo promotions and a bit of partying on the side with some of his ‘friends’.

2014

Time passed by quickly and 2NE1 released their new album, Crush. Dara and GD weren’t communicating much until then. Both were very busy. But she wondered why it has come to this. They were also busy before but it wasn’t like this at all.

While promoting, she met one of her good friends in a music show. She and Super Junior’s Donghae have been friends for about 10 years now. Both took a selca together and uploaded it on their social media accounts. The netizens went wild with the updates from these two. They were curious for a long time now if they were really just friends or maybe there’s a chance that it was more than just friendship.

GD saw some responses online for some fans were tagging him in his social media accounts. Of course, he wasn’t happy at all but something in him said that this was just right; people pairing her with Donghae was just right…

Out of nowhere, he found himself texting her saying that she and Donghae looked good together. Dara was shocked with the sudden message and replied in an annoyed manne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter