Welcome Home Surprises

Relationship Goals

 

 

“Well, that was—”

“Absolutely awful,” Taeyeon groaned, finishing Tiffany’s sentence.

“It wasn’t that bad, guys,” interjected the maknae, who was still wearing a brave smile, despite the fact a few of her unnies were consolingly patting her on the shoulder. “Even though Weekly Idol mistook me for Jessica Unnie.”

Tiffany shook her head, ebony waves bouncing from side to side. “There’s only one solution to a day like this.” All eyes turned to her as she dramatically paused, soaking in the attention. “Starbucks and shopping.”

Sooyoung audibly groaned, a hand smashing her face. “Jesus Christ—”

“Unnie, that’s not a very nice thing to say…”

“Jesus Christ,” Taeyeon purposefully repeated to annoy the maknae.

Despite their protests, Tiffany managed to wrap her hands around the wrists of Choi Sooyoung and Seo Joohyun, dragging them along with her. Just as the redhead began to snicker behind her hand, the tallest member hooked an arm around her neck. And just like that, the four departed for the mall, leaving the other members to their own devices. They all shared a look, shrugged their shoulders, and then carpooled back to their apartments in Taeyeon’s car.

“Oh my ing god!” Taeyeon gasped as the car pulled up into the drive, directly behind a white BMW.

Of course, this could only mean one thing. The girls blinked. This was a shock. Why- how-

Slowly they exited the car, their hearts beating a little quicker as they approached their residence.

She was nowhere to be found in the vehicle and she wasn’t waiting outside the door. Odd. Taeyeon pressed on the front door but it was locked.

“What if she’s lying there inside, dead?” asked Hyoyeon with a small smile, amused by the disappearing act their friend was performing.

“But how would she have gotten in?” asked Yuri, shooting an annoyed glance at Hyoyeon.

Taeyeon shoved Hyoyeon out of the way and into the wall, her tiny fists banging against the door. After a moment it opened to reveal a very petite and very familiar brunette.

“JESSICA!”

Jessica briefly waggled her fingers at her old friends before being smothered in a tight embrace by her best friend, Kim Taeyeon.

“Baby, I missed you so much!” the leader whined, burying her face into Jessica’s shoulder.

Rolling her eyes, Hyo made a point of bumping into the couple as she stepped inside. Yoona offered a cordial hello before leaving for her room, and Yuri flicked the brunette on the side of the head before making a beeline for her own bedroom.

“If I had known you were coming, I would have left the door unlocked.”

“But—the door was unlocked, babo,” Jessica softly retorted, breaking their embrace to smile at her lover.

“But—I didn’t leave it—”

“Shhhh,” Jessica whispered, seductively placing her finger to Taeyeon’s lips, her other arm snaking around the leader’s neck. “Just focus on me.”

As the two lovers romantically fought their way onto the couch, Yuri was plopping onto her bed, guitar in hand. She felt a music playing within her heart, but she wasn’t quite sure how to put it into chords. As she practiced a few different sets, her fingers began strumming the melody of Baby Maybe. A smile crept across her lips, the face of a special someone coming into her mind.

“Baby, baby, baby,” she quietly sang, unable to keep the smile off her lips. “Thoughts of the places we’ve been together, and your scent, surface every single moment. Maybe, maybe, maybe, if I wear your perfume, I can be with you all the time.”

“That really is a gay song, bruh.”

Yuri’s strumming came to a disastrous halt, a scream forming in as she hefted her guitar, ready to use it on the intruder poking his head into her room.

“Yah, yah,” the man chuckled as he defensively held out his hands. “I’m not gonna bite. I’m an innocent puppy.”

The young woman gulped, her arms shaking. It seemed this day was full of surprises. She studied him hard, eyes narrowed into slits. “I’m not sure how I should feel about Tiffany’s ex creepily stalking me in my room….”

Nichkhun shyly ran a hand through his thick, wavy hair, offering a crooked smile.

“How did you even get in here?”

The boy held up a spare key to the apartment that he had found under the welcome mat. “Kinda hard to miss.”

“So are you,” Yuri replied with a smirk.

The unwanted guest frowned and took a seat on the edge of Yuri’s bed. Although she was inwardly cringing, she let it slide. He actually wasn’t too bad of a guy—once you got past the fact he was Tiffany’s ex.

“I miss Tiff.”

“Why don’t you just tell her that yourself?”

“Because—I don’t know. How do you tell a goddess you want her?”

Yuri shrugged at this. “Give her something French?” she suggested, her mind on wine, fine eatery, and extravagant lifestyles.

“Like a kiss?” he asked with a grin, garnering a punch on the shoulder from the younger girl.

“Dude, seriously. If you wanna win Tiff back, just tell her what every girl wants to hear. I mean, you won her heart once before. Her standards can’t be too high.”

“Very funny.”

“Now get out of here before someone catches us like this.”

Nichkhun eyed the door, and then Yuri’s window, opting for the latter escape route. He pulled open the window and popped the screen before sliding one leg out. “Yul?”

The girl tilted her head, an eyebrow arched as she fought the temptation to push him out.

“Where’s—”

Both hands planted firmly to his shoulder and with a single shove he was out of her room, his back landing on a rose bush.