One Chance

One Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Get out,” she said strictly.

“But-”

“No buts. Get out of my office this instant. I never want to see you anymore,” she turned away from him but he held her hand.

“Dee,” he sighed. She took a deep breath before facing him and landing a slap on his cheek.

“Don’t. ever. call. me. that. again.” She emphasized each word. She shook his hand off hers and went back to her desk, calling the security team.

“Mr. Kwon is leaving. Please him.”

 

Flashback

 

“Welcome. How may I help you, Sir?” The staff greeted politely.

“Is Ms. Dara Park in?” The man asked.

“Have you made an appointment, Sir?”

“Yes.”

“Name, Sir?”

“G-Dragon.”

“Let me you, Sir. Ms. Park’s office is on the second floor. This way, please.”

 

A knock was heard behind her door.

“Come in,” she said.

“Ms. Park,” her staff bowed, “Your guest, Mr. G-Dragon, is here.”

“Let him in,” she stood up to greet her guest -slash- customer.

“Good day, Mr. G-Dragon. Please take a seat. Any kind of drink you prefer?” She offered.

“No, thank you. I’ll be quick since I have another thing to do.”

“Then, how may I help you?”

“My best friend is getting married in two weeks. I want you to design my suit for the day. It has to be something chic, y, fashionable, and most importantly one of a kind. Oh, and I want it to be the best suit among the other guests but definitely not outmatching the groom. I heard you are one of the best in town so I believe you are able to complete my request, right?” He eyed her.

“Yes, of course, Sir. I’ll submit the draft of the design in two days.”

“I don’t really care about the cost so get me the best quality fabrics. I want it to scream elegance and high class. For short, I want it to be the best.”

“Noted that, Sir. I’ll do my best to meet your standard,” she nodded slightly while taking notes.

“I’ll get going, then. Here’s my number. Please contact me beforehand if you’re done with the draft, Ms. Park.”

“Yes Mr. G-Dragon.”

He turned to leave bur halted in the middle. He turned to her and smirked.

“How about a date with me, Dara-ssi?” He winked, “I’ll contact you.” And he left her office, leaving her dumbfounded while she stood there blinking, bewildered, and flustered.

 

End of flashback

 

A sad smile formed on his face remembering his first encounter with her. She was really beautiful, like a goddess, that he had to ask her for a date immediately when usually, girls would be the ones who would ask him for a date. That time, he thought it was just a onetime thing but heck, he was so wrong. It turned out to be something else, something deeper, something called love. But now, it was too late. He wasted his chance to make her happy. He hurt her, way too deep.

Just then, his phone rang. A call from a private number. He frowned. Who could have called him this time, with a private number to add? He picked up his phone.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“G-Dragon,” the caller chuckled sarcastically.

“Who is this?” His frown turned deeper. He really had a bad feeling about the call.

“Do you know, GD? Your father took something very very precious to me,” the caller said bitterly.

“Who are you?” He said sternly, his expression was grim. His hand formed a fist.

“To get even with that, now I’ll take something precious to him, every single thing. Remember that, Kwon. Remember my warning.” With that, the caller ended the call.

He clenched his fisted hand harder until it turned white. What did he mean by his words? He unlocked his car as he dialed another number with his phone and waited until the other line picked up.

“Secretary Jang. Is my father there?” He questioned as soon as the call was connected.

“Elder Kwon is in his office, Mr. Kwon.”

“Tell him I’m heading there. There’s something important that I need to ask him,” he talked as he speeded up his car.

“Yes, I understand. Please drive safely, Mr. Kwon.” He ended the call.

 

Flashback

 

“Let me go so I can cook, Ji,” she whined cutely.

“I don’t want to,” he tightened his back hug on her and inhaled her heavenly scent.

“I have to cook so we can eat our dinner,” she kept her whining tone but he didn’t answer. He kept his hold on her while resting his head on her shoulder.

“What’s wrong, Ji?” She asked, sensing something wrong. She then turned around and faced him, “Tell me what’s wrong, hmm?”

“You know, Dee, I was once a very dangerous person. I was once a gangster, not like that thugs lurking at night but a very dangerous one. My father was a leader to the Golden Liberty. Do you know? It’s the biggest underground organization in this country and my father was the leader of that organization,” he stopped. She didn’t say anything and just listened to him.

“Can you imagine how dangerous we were? I was actually the next-in-line leader, the heir of the throne, they said. But I never liked that, you know? I wish to have a normal bright life instead of the dark life I was in. But it seemed like heaven was on my side. There was an incident once that made my father left that dark world,” he stopped again before continuing, “Aren’t you scared of me?”

“Are you dangerous?” She asked him back with her innocent eyes.

“I might be,” he said softly, barely above a whisper.

 

End of flashback

 

That time, he didn’t know why he was very comfortable with her. He told her the story he didn’t even tell others directly. He let her know every deep and dark secrets of him but she didn’t leave him. Instead, she stayed with him. She wasn’t scared of him. That time, he denied what he felt inside. He kept telling himself that it was just a onetime thing, and that the turmoil he felt inside would pass. He shouldn’t feel love since love meant weakness. Someone like him couldn’t have had any weakness. At least, that was what his father used to tell him when he was still the leader of the Golden Liberty.

He remembered how she used to tell him that she loved him but he never replied. He only gave her a smile. Even so, she stayed by his side. But now, he could only feel regret. Why did he deny his own feelings back then? Why didn’t he reply her I-love-yous? He felt it all when he was left alone, when she finally left him. The despair, the too-broken heart, the regret, and the emptiness he felt in his heart. It was too late for everything, too late to take her back.

 

***

 

“Ms. Park?” Her secretary stood up as she was about to enter her office.

“Yes, Secretary Song?”

“You have an appointment today with a client at two. He said that he would wait for you at the coffee shop across the boutique.”
“Okay, one hour from now, right?”

“Yes Ms. Park.”

 

An hour later.

 

“Eoseo oseyo,” the waiter greeted her when she entered the coffee shop.

“Reservation for Ms. Park?”

“Come this way, please. Your guest has been waiting.”

“Thank you,” she thanked the waiter as she stood behind her supposed-to-be client. She furrowed her eyebrows. That back facing her was strangely familiar. She cursed herself in the back of her mind why hadn’t she asked the name of her client earlier to Secretary Song.

“Ms. Dara Park,” she froze at the familiar voice.  As he turned around to face her, she held her breath. Her suspicion was right. It was the voice she would always recognize anywhere. The voice of the man she used to love.

She was about to turn away and go back to her office but just in time, he grabbed her hand to stop her.

“Just hear me out this once, Dee,” his voice was desperate, “Please?” She heaved a sigh before releasing her hand from his grip and taking a seat in front of him.

“Now, talk. I don’t have that much time to waste.”

“I know you might not believe every single thing I’m going to say to you but at least, listen to me, okay?” He pleaded. She nodded nonchalantly.

“Believe it or not, I’m truly sorry that I hurt you that way. I’m sorry I hurt you bad.” She smiled bitterly. Those memories were still fresh in her mind. “I’m sorry that it was too late when I realized my feelings for you,” he lowered his head down, deeply in regret, “I was such a bastard then. I thought what I felt for you was just temporary. But I realized I was wrong. I was already in love with you when I hurt you back then. I was just in denial. But Dee, my feelings are still the same. You might not want to believe me but I love you. Back then and now. I’ll prove it to you.”

“How? How will you mend my already broken heart? Tell me, Jiyong. How? You know that saying, a broken heart is like a crumpled paper. It can never turn back to a perfect straight paper it used to be no matter what you do.”

 

Flashback

 

She was all smiles when she reached her apartment, which was more like their apartment. Finally, after a long week in Paris, she could go back home. Her fashion show in Paris Fashion Week was a huge success. She smiled. She knew her Jiyong would be waiting for her.

As she reached her door, she keyed in her lock code.

“Ji? I’m back home,” she chirped happily but received no response. She walked to the kitchen, he wasn’t there. She looked into his office, he wasn’t there either.

“Ji?” She called once again and again, she received no response. She smiled wickedly, ‘Maybe he’s asleep,’ she thought. She approached their bedroom but strange noises were heard from the inside. She frowned. What was that sound? She stuck her ear to the door and her frown turned deeper. Moans and grunts could be heard.

“Ungh… Oppa, harder!” She heard a woman’s voice, sounding breathless.

“! It feels so good, you’re so tight!” She knew right there, it was his voice, her Jiyong’s voice. Her tears were threatening to fall, she couldn’t believe her own ears. Composing herself and taking a deep breath, she braced herself to open the door. Right then right there, her heart was broken into pieces. The tears she had been holding finally fell. There, she saw her supposed-to-be boyfriend on top of a woman, . The bag she was holding fell with a thud, making him turned to her.

“Dee?” He didn’t even look surprised.

She opened but no words came out, only her tears falling soundlessly. She wordlessly went to her closet to take out every each of her clothes and other belongings.

“Good bye,” she whispered before leaving. The next day, she had put her apartment on sale.

 

End of flashback

 

A day or two had passed calmly. No private phone calls, or threatening calls. He remembered the short conversation with his father a few days ago.

 

“Abeoji, do you have any threatening enemies?” He asked.

“Jiyong, son, as I once a leader to the Golden Liberty, of course I had enemies and some of them are quite threatening but I quitted, right?” His father chuckled, “Why are you asking?”
“Then, have you ever taken someone’s precious ones or loved ones?”

“I took so many lives during my time in Golden Liberty. But there was one grave mistake that I did.”

“What was it, Abeoji?”

“I took my enemy’s live, in front of his own son,” his father sighed, “But why are you asking? You haven’t answered that question yet.”

“Nothing to worry about, Abeoji. I can handle it myself.”

 

Just then, his phone rang making him restless. Again, it was a private number.

“GD,” the other person on the line chuckled dangerously as soon as he picked up the call. “I’ve got your girl.”

He could imagine the menacing smirk on the caller’s face. His heart was thundering madly, secretly worrying for Dara.

“Whom are you talking about? I’m not associated with any woman,” his jaw tightened. ‘Please, please not you, Dee,’ he kept chanting on his mind as if it was a spell.

“Oh really, G-Dragon?” The caller mocked. The next thing he heard almost made his heartbeat stop.

“Sandara Park, he said he wasn’t associated with any woman. Then what are you to him, hmm? Poor little girl.”

The caller then talked to him again, “You wouldn’t mind if I use her, right? You said it yourself, GD. You said you’re not associated with any woman. Then, till next time.”

The call ended. He gritted his teeth, his jaw tightened, and his gripped on his phone was so tight until his knuckles turned white. He was fuming, and worried for her. It shouldn’t be like this. She wasn’t supposed to be involved in that kind of dangerous act just because he loved her. He couldn’t put her life into danger just because of him. If ever something happened to her because of him, he wouldn’t be able to forgive himself.

Controlling his emotions and breathing, he searched through his contacts and dialed a familiar number.

“Sol,” he said restlessly as soon as the call was picked up.

“Hey, G! It’s been a while, how are you doing?” His best friend, Youngbae, known as Sol, answered.

“I have no time to answer your questions, Sol. Listen, it’s something urgent. Call up Big Bang and tell them to gather at our usual hideout in an hour. Can you do that?”

“Okay. I’ll ring them up and question you later. See you in an hour.”

“Thanks, Sol,” he hung up.

 

An hour later, the whole Big Bang members were gathered in an old unused studio. TOP, Sol, D-Lite, VI, and of course, the leader GD.

He couldn’t stay still. With his phone in his tight grip, he paced back and forth, getting the others confused. Not once he was seen restless this much, not even when he was still the heir of the Golden Liberty. Only once, just once he had been restless like this, when he finally realized his feelings for Dara and she had left.

“What’s exactly wrong, G?” Sol was the one who cracked the silence first.

“Dee,” he said breathlessly, “Dee is kinapped.” He racked his hair in despair and frustration.

“What? Who could do that? No one except us knows about your relationship

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter