001

White Walls

    “Do you know how to stop it?” He asked JOngin looking up at the quickly darkening sky.

    “Stop what?” He replied innocently. He may have only been a year younger than Kyungsoo, but there was so much he didn’t know yet. He still smiled at fireflies and wished on stars. He played with his food and made silly faces in the mirror. Jongin was childlike and warm.

    “Love.”

    “Hyung…” He finally understood what Kyungsoo was getting at. They couldn’t do this anymore. He wasn’t sure why to be honest, but the sadness in Kyungsoo’s voice made it evident that the had to stop.

    “Do you remember what I said when we met?”

    Jongin nodded, “Let’s not fall in love.”

    “Do you know why?:”

    He shook his head.

    “I’m not real.”

    “Of course you’re real.” He grabbed Kyungsoo’s hands, “See I can touch you! You’re real, Hyung.”

    “No, I’m not! You’re sick and I’m just part of your hallucinations!” Tears were streaming down his face.

    “You know that isn’t true.”

    “Stop! You’re basically arguing with yourself.”

    “Hyung, why are you like this?”

    “You need to let me go.”

“I can’t!”

“I’m the darkness you see in yourself. The way you healed me is the way you have to heal you. JOngin, it’s time to stop.”

They were both crying now. JOngin didn’t want it to end; he needed Kyungsoo. But his love wasn’t even real. Slowly, everything started to fade to white

“Hyung, no!” He screamed.

“Thank you, Kim Jongin.” He gave a small smile as he faded into the white walls.


Just a short drabble, I may or may not write a longer version later