Final

Nine Years of Love

“-and it’s ridiculous how much homework Mr. Cho gives us!” Chanyeol complained. “Just because he was in a mood doesn’t give him the right to take it out on us! Some of us have better things to do than do hours of math homework!”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and absentmindedly examined his cuticles. “I told you you should’ve just opted out of advanced math.” he sighed and pulled out his cellphone from his pocket. He unlocked it and began playing a very intense game of Candy Crush. “If you had listened to me, you could’ve been relaxing like me, since the only homework Ryeowook-hyung gives in Home Ec. is to stay alive.”

“I still don’t see how that works.” Jongdae tapped his pencil against his lips as he stared at his rough draft for his history essay. “Isn’t it a given that we stay alive?”

The elder shrugged and frowned when his game froze. “I don’t know, but if it gets me more time to sleep, then I’m good.” Baekhyun turned off his phone and shoved it back into his pocket.

“Why does he want you to call him hyung anyways?” Chanyeol asked. “I know that he’s older than Mr. Cho."

Baekhyun shrugged. “He said that he wanted to be close to his class and all that good stuff. Besides, both he and Mr. Cho are barely out of college themselves. They’re what, twenty-eight, twenty-nine?” he blew his bangs out of his face with a huff. “What’s Mr. Cho’s name anyways?”

“Kyuhyun, I think.” Jongdae said, pencil flying across the page as he wrote an incredibly long and flowery sentence, just so that he could get over the word count. “Mr. Choi mentions him often.”

The elder sighed and leaned back on his hands to stare at the sky. “All right, let’s not talk about school anymore, it makes me want to hurl.” Chanyeol raised his fist in the air in enthusiastic agreement. “But tomorrow’s Saturday, wanna hang out?”

Chanyeol and Jongdae exchanged a glance, and then Jongdae nodded, albeit a bit reluctantly. “Eh, why not? It’s not like I have a mountain of homework to do this weekend.” he snarked. Baekhyun grinned brightly.

“I’ll pick you up at three, then!”

“Wait, I was serious about the homework, Baekhyun, no-!” But both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were gone, chittering away about all the fun things they were going to do the next day. Jongdae groaned and buried his face in his hands. “It’s not like I sleep anyways. Might as well get done.”

 


 

“You’re ing kidding me, you didn’t!” Baekhyun shrieked. “Mr. Cho will have your head!”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and took a swig of his cappuccino. “Man, Mr. Cho, no one has enough time for that!” the tall man slammed his coffee cup down on their table and scowled. “I had plans this weekend, but instead I’m going to be stuck in the dorms doing all of his stupid assignments! Pages 160-167, come on!”

Jongdae sighed and looked down at his phone. Baekhyun didn’t let him bring his notes along to study, but he never said anything about taking pictures of his notes. He rolled his eyes and tried to make out what he had written in the margins about the Joseon dynasty.

“Like I said, Ryeowook-hyung never gives out homework!” Baekhyun teased.

The taller groaned. “Don’t remind me. I think I’ll just drop the class and take Home Ec. next semester.” Chanyeol took another drink from his coffee, but promptly put it down. “Speak of the devil.” The other men whirled around in their seats to see the math teacher standing right outside the cafe they were in.

“What’s he doing dressed up so nice?” Baekhyun hissed. The teacher was dressed in a striped t-shirt paired with a deep navy casual suit jacket, a frightening contrast from the usual dress shirts and ties he wore to class. But what scared Chanyeol the most was his jittery demeanor.

Mr. Cho was known as one of the most calm and level-headed teachers in the high school, but with a sharp tongue and lack of tolerance for misbehavior, so to see him sweating like a sinner in church was a shock to Chanyeol. “Holy !” Jongdae yelped, having abandoned his studying. “Did he just pull out what I think he did?!” Baekhyun’s mouth dropped clean open when he saw what was in Mr. Cho’s hands.  

A small black box lay in the palms of his hands and Chanyeol nearly fainted dead away when he saw the beautiful ring resting inside it. “Is he going to propose to someone?!” Chanyeol squawked. Mr. Cho smiled at the ring and carefully shut the case, placing it back in his pocket and patting it just to make sure it was safe.

“I wonder who the lucky lady is!” Chanyeol snickered. “They must have the patience of a saint to put up with him!”

They watched as the biggest grin they had ever seen Mr. Cho make spread across his face as a car pulled up by the curb. Jongdae frowned. “Mr. Lee?” Sure enough, the acting teacher was in the driver’s seat.

“But he’s married!” Baekhyun sounded scandalized, and his face clearly showed his disgust. The two men exchanged a few words and the three students stared as Mr. Lee suddenly shouted behind him to the person sitting in the back seat. The back door opened and a man stepped out, back facing the cafe.

The unknown man turned around and the students immediately began to riot. “Ryeowook-hyung?!” Baekhyun screeched. Jongdae’s hands flew to cover his mouth and Chanyeol was making unintelligible walrus noises. Ryeowook, instead of his usual graphic tee, was clad in a gray knit sweater layered under a black jacket, and had the brightest smile spread across his face as he walked confidently towards Mr. Cho.

Ryeowook beamed as he stopped in front of Mr. Cho. Mr. Cho took Ryeowook’s hands and they had a small conversation that the three strained to hear from inside the cafe. Ryeowook giggled at something Mr. Cho said and lifted himself on his tippy-toes to plant a small kiss on his lips, drawing out a gasp from Jongdae. “Oh my god, that was so cute.” he breathed.

Mr. Cho chuckled and began leading Ryeowook away from the cafe. Ryeowook nodded happily and linked their arms, walking comfortably out of sight. Chanyeol and Baekhyun simultaneously turned to glance at each other, a mischievous glint in their eyes.

“Shall we?”

“There’s no need.” Jongdae realized, pointing out the window to three familiar figures discreetly following the couple. “I think our teachers have it under control.”

Baekhyun sighed. “At least we’ll know as soon as something happens.” he said. “Mr. Kim is great on updating us on Instagram.”

 


 

Kyuhyun walked hand in hand with his longtime boyfriend of nine years through the park’s rose garden, watching Ryeowook with tender, affectionate eyes. Ryeowook leaned down and picked a fallen blossom from the ground with a smile. The smaller man tugged Kyuhyun down to his level and tucked the flower behind his ear. “Now you fit right in!” Ryeowook laughed. Kyuhyun chuckled and wrapped an arm around Ryeowook’s waist, pulling him closer to his body.

“What did I do in my last life to deserve someone as amazing as you?” Kyuhyun murmured, gently brushing away Ryeowook’s bangs from his eyes. Ryeowook turned a bright red and buried his face in Kyuhyun’s chest as he made high-pitched whines of embarrassment. "Happy ninth anniversary, Ryeonggu." Kyuhyun snickered when his boyfriend replied with a stream of shrieks and lifted Ryeowook’s head up so he could pepper his cheeks with kisses. Ryeowook halfheartedly protested the display of affection, but Kyuhyun knew that he loved it.

When Kyuhyun finally detached his lips from Ryeowook's cheeks, the elder looked confused. "Is something wrong? It's not that I don't love it, but you're never this cuddly in public!" Ryeowook asked.

Kyuhyun could feel his heart pounding in his chest like it wanted to escape from his ribcage. He nervously smiled and moved his hands from Ryeowook's face to lovingly hold his hands, swinging them back and forth between them. "Um, Ryeowook..." Kyuhyun cleared his throat and forced himself to look Ryeowook in the eyes.

"This is really hard for me to say, but we've been together for so long, and you deserve to know this." Kyuhyun muttered. Ryeowook stiffened in his grasp and looked up at Kyuhyun with wide eyes. Kyuhyun took that as a sign to continue. “You’ve made these past nine years the happiest of my life.”

Kyuhyun tore his gaze away from Ryeowook and cast his eyes down to stare at the floor. Ryeowook looked like he was close to tears. “I can’t tell you how happy you’ve made me in our time together.” Kyuhyun confessed. “But I think it’s time to move on with our lives.”

Ryeowook buried his face in his hands and his shoulders shook with the force of his sobs. Kyuhyun immediately frowned and tried to pry Ryeowook’s hands away, attempting to wipe his boyfriend’s tears away with his sleeve. “Ryeowook-ah, what’s wrong? Did I say something? Why are you crying?” Kyuhyun’s voice increased in pitch as his concern heightened. He had been with Ryeowook long enough to differentiate between sad cries and happy cries, and this was definitely not a happy cry.

The elder lifted his head and shot a watery glare at the other man. “Are you serious? You don’t know what you said?” he hissed. “You take me out for a date, shower me with kisses, and then you just throw away our nine year relationship? On our anniversary?!”

Kyuhyun blinked. Then he started laughing. Ryeowook looked positively livid. “Why are you laughing?!”

The other man laughed and just smiled at the elder. “I think that you’re sorely mistaken if you think I’m breaking up with you.” Ryeowook wiped at his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Kyuhyun took Ryeowook’s hands again and looked intently into the other’s eyes. “What I meant was that we leave the stage of dating behind, because I’m pretty sure that I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“You just confused my attempt at a proposal for me breaking up with you.”

“Oh my god.” Ryeowook breathed. “Are you serious?” Kyuhyun nodded and Ryeowook nearly started crying again when Kyuhyun went down on one knee.

“So, maybe trying to be cool and sensitive didn’t work, since you took it as a breakup.” Kyuhyun snickered when Ryeowook turned a cherry red. He cleared his throat once again and stared up at Ryeowook. “Ever since I met you, my life has changed for the better, and I still can’t wrap my mind around the fact that you actually agreed to go out with me.”

Ryeowook had to laugh at that. They met in the summer before their freshman year of high school and started going out their junior year. Kyuhyun was that stereotypical nerd, but he had the face of your typical popular kid and the voice of an angel. Ryeowook was the band geek, but was quite popular with the ladies. (None of the guys knew that they were only coming to him to rant. Ryeowook was a very good listener.) After the opening concert of their junior year, Kyuhyun worked up the courage to ask Ryeowook out after doing a duet with him in the concert. Much to his delight, Ryeowook accepted.

The date itself was a disaster, but Ryeowook was so touched with the effort Kyuhyun put into it that he accepted a second date. Eventually, the quality of the outings increased, and so did Ryeowook’s affection for the younger. After they graduated, they went to the same college, and their relationship only grew stronger. They ended up becoming teachers at their old high school, but decided to keep their then six year relationship a secret for professionalism’s sake.

And now, two years later, nine years into the relationship, Kyuhyun was ready to take the next step. The only question was if Ryeowook was ready as well.

Kyuhyun smiled nervously. “I know I haven’t been the best boyfriend to you, but you’ve stood by me through thick and thin, and I can’t think of anyone else that I’d rather spend the rest of my life with.” Kyuhyun’s hand slipped in his pocket and he pulled out the little black box. Ryeowook let out a choked laugh and he covered his mouth with one hand, the other wiping away the tears running down his cheeks.

The younger gulped and held out the box to Ryeowook. “Kim Ryeowook,” he opened the box to reveal an intricately engraved silver engagement band that gleamed in the sunlight. “Will you marry me?”

A real, truly joyful smile spread across Ryeowook’s face and he nodded enthusiastically. “Yes, yes, yes, oh god, a thousand times yes!” Kyuhyun didn’t even have time to stand up before Ryeowook tackled him to the ground, pressing kisses all over his face. “Cho Kyuhyun, I love you so much!” Kyuhyun beamed brightly and pulled Ryeowook down for a lighthearted, yet emotional kiss. Ryeowook’s arms immediately went around Kyuhyun’s neck, while Kyuhyun’s arms wrapped around Ryeowook’s back.

When they came up for air, several people that they hadn’t even noticed started applauding them, many of them in tears themselves. Ryeowook squeaked and buried his reddening face in Kyuhyun’s chest. Kyuhyun grinned sheepishly and waved at the small crowd that had gathered. While Ryeowook was whining about PDA, Kyuhyun slipped the engagement ring on his finger. Ryeowook immediately fell silent and and lifted his head to look at the ring.

“We’re getting married.” Kyuhyun breathed. “We’re actually getting married.”

Ryeowook laughed and got off of Kyuhyun’s lap. “Let’s get home before I realize what’s happened and I can’t walk because I’m crying too much.”

Kyuhyun snickered and leaned over to whisper in Ryeowook’s ear. “When I’m done with you, crying won’t be the reason why you can’t walk.” The elder snorted and shoved his boyfriend - no - his fiancé playfully.

“You’re so embarrassing!” Ryeowook chortled. He got to his feet and hauled Kyuhyun up with him. Ryeowook sighed and laced their fingers together, staring at the sparkling band on his hand. “But did you get yourself a ring too, or should I get one for you and propose myself?”

The younger shook his head and reached inside his shirt, pulling out a matching ring strung on a silver chain. Kyuhyun unclasped the necklace, unstrung the ring and quickly slipped it on his finger. Ryeowook snorted and leaned forward to rest his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “So confident!”

“You love my confidence.” Kyuhyun pointed out.

“I love you, so I guess I do love your confidence.” Ryeowook admitted. Kyuhyun grinned and squeezed Ryeowook’s hand, swinging it back and forth between them. “Shall we go home?” Ryeowook asked.

“I don’t think that I’ll want to grade papers this weekend, I’m gonna postpone the assignment.” Kyuhyun said. “Jungsoo-hyung’ll understand, right?” The teacher pulled out his phone and typed out a few lines before pressing send and stuffing it back in his pocket.

“And even if he doesn’t, when we tell him, he will.” Ryeowook said. “Let’s go home?”

“You stay right there!” A voice screeched. The couple had just enough time to separate before they were both sent stumbling backwards, Kyuhyun holding a sobbing Hyukjae and Ryeowook trying to stay upright with Donghae having wrapped him in a tight bear hug with tears streaming down his cheeks. Heechul rushed up behind them and began yelling. “We saw the entire thing! Let’s see the rings!”

Once he extracted his hand from Donghae's embrace, Ryeowook proudly held up his hand and Heechul let out a triumphant cry, immediately grabbing Ryeowook’s hand to examine the ring closely. “Cho Kyu, you did good!” Heechul crowed.

“My babies are growing up so fast!” Donghae weeped. Ryeowook awkwardly patted the older man’s back as he cried. “It feels like just yesterday that you went on your first date!”

Hyukjae wasn’t in any better state, the older man clinging to Kyuhyun and bawling about the couple being his precious children and that they were the cutest couple he’d ever seen. Heechul smiled at the younger men and sneakily took a photo while they were distracted. Humming to himself, he typed out a few lines on Instagram, threw in a few quirky hashtags, and posted it, shoving his phone back in his pocket like nothing had happened.

Ryeowook felt a buzz in his back pocket and he took out his phone to see what it was. His eyes widened when he saw a text from Donghee. Check Heechul-hyung's Instagram. Ryeowook opened the app and immediately groaned. The picture itself was of what had just happened, but it was the caption that made him explode.

 

kimheenim: waa my cute kiddos are getting married! nine years and still going strong! kyuhyunnie, ryeowookie, hyung wishes you all the best! but wait, if ryeowookie gets married, who will cook for heenim? kimkyu, are you prepared to deal with the consequences? kkkkkk the kids didn’t even notice me taking this! #Proposalgram #LoveLovegram #Anniversarygram #Sasaengram #Ryeonggu #Kyukyu #Hyukkie #KimJongKookJunior #HeenimWillPlanTheWedding #JungsooLookAtOurKids #HowDidRyeowookDealWithKyuhyunForNineYears? #KyuWookGetInstagramsSoICanTagYouToo @eunhyukee44 @leedonghae

 

Immediately he let out a shriek and lunged at Heechul. “Hyung, do you know how many of my students follow your Instagram account?!” Evidently, all the others saw the photo and now Kyuhyun was shouting at Heechul too.

“Hyung, we were going to run it by Jungsoo-hyung to talk about how we should tell the kids!”

“Why did you tag me as Kim Jong Kook Junior?” Donghae complained.

“WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TAG MY CROTCH?!” Hyukjae screeched.

Heechul laughed. “To answer your questions: Ryeowook, a small portion of first period, a good chunk of your second, most of your third, two-thirds of your fourth, all except five from your sixth, and your entire homeroom class. Kyuhyun, I’ll talk to Jungsoo myself if it makes you feel better. Donghae, have you seen your arms lately? Hyukjae, it’s because it’s your defining feature.”

This entire spiel was met by a loud protest from the younger men, and all Heechul could do was laugh at their faces as they read the comments streaming in.

 

vousmevoyez: engaged?? congratulations!!! I hope you have a happy life together!!

ssongjjong.ifnt: Congratulations on your engagement!

baekhyunee_exo: <333333 #otp @real__pcy

real__pcy: ah thats why he postponed the assignment! congrats!

kanginnim: Congratulations! Hyung is so happy for you two! (Hyukjae-ah, wipe your nose ㅋㅋㅋ)

siwon1987: Congratulations~ Ryeowookie, can you deal with Kyuhyunnie for the rest of your life? Are you confident? God bless you two!

hotsootuff: I knew it!!!! Invite me to the wedding!

ajol_llama: oppa, why didn't you tell me? I could've helped you plan the proposal!!! congratulations~~~

 

But the comment that caught their eye was from one Park Jungsoo.

 

special_js1004: Kim Heechul, I know you read all of these comments. Call me as soon as you see this. KyuWook, I’ll see you at work. Don’t bother coming to the staff meeting, you deserve a break. Congratulations, you’re getting married before hyung is! Let hyung MC your wedding, okay? Expect a nice wedding gift~

 


 

Monday morning came and Ryeowook and Kyuhyun nervously entered the strangely quiet building an hour before school started, as they were instructed to by Heechul. "What do you think they have planned?" Ryeowook whispered to his fiancé.

“We’ll be able to handle whatever the hyungs throw at us,” Kyuhyun replied. “But there are no students, and frankly, that scares me.”

Ryeowook’s eyes darted around the hallway and he tightened his grip on Kyuhyun’s hand. “You’re right.” he mumbled. “Normally they’re all milling about right around now, where are they?” Kyuhyun pursed his lips and squeezed Ryeowook’s hand back.

“I’ll walk you to your class, just in case.”

As soon as they opened the door to Ryeowook’s classroom, the pitch-black room suddenly flooded with light, and what seemed like the entire student body plus faculty leaped out of their hiding spots.

“CONGRATULATIONS!” they shouted. Many students, and a few teachers, started waving around party poppers wildly. Ryeowook yelped and lashed out, almost catching Hyukjae in the face. Kyuhyun immediately burst into laughter and started clapping like a seal.

Siwon ran up to the couple and swept Kyuhyun into his arms, lifting him off the ground and spinning him around. “I’m so happy for you!” he cried. Kyuhyun laughed as Sungmin put him down and immediately threw his arms around his neck in a tight hug, weeping loudly.

Several female students immediately surrounded Ryeowook and pulled him towards the front of the room. “Ryeowook-oppa, where’s your ring?” Jiyeon asked, excitement shining in her eyes. Ryeowook smiled at them and lifted his hand, the silver band catching the light beautifully. The students squealed and began loudly fawning over the ring.

Siwon had put Kyuhyun down and now Youngwoon had him in a side hug. (Kyuhyun swore he was crying, but Youngwoon insisted he wasn’t) “That ring must’ve cost you a fortune!” he whistled. “How did you even make that much money on your measly salary?”

Kyuhyun shrugged. “Side jobs here and there, and I got a full ride to university, so I didn’t need to pay off that much after college.”

“Lucky bastard.”

The younger grinned at him. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go rescue my fiancé.” Ryeowook was now looking thoroughly overwhelmed by students, and Kyuhyun feared his neck would snap from having to acknowledge all the people talking to him. Youngwoon sent him off with a slap on the back and an almost fatherly grin.

Ryeowook was tiredly holding up his hand for the fifteenth time in five minutes to show a new crowd of students his ring. It’s not that he didn’t want to show it off, in fact, he wanted to show it off. It was because his hand was aching like hell and all he wanted to do was scream at the top of his lungs for them to back off! In fact, that’s exactly what he was about to do, if it hadn’t been for a certain pair of arms that wrapped around his middle and pulled him back into a familiar chest.

“Sorry, but I think I have to steal Ryeowook back now.” Kyuhyun smirked. Ryeowook sighed in relief and leaned back against the younger’s chest.

“But you can’t leave without cake!” Heechul exclaimed. He clapped his hands and the best bakers in Ryeowook’s home economics class burst into the room wheeling a ginormous three layer cake decorated with sapphire blue flowers of icing and edible pearls around the edges. Hakyeon ran beside the cart with a large album clutched in his hands. Ryeowook felt tears beginning to well up in his eyes and Kyuhyun pulled the smaller man closer, resting his chin on the top of Ryeowook’s head.

Hakyeon hurried up to the couple and handed them the album before hurrying off to rejoin the crowd. “Congratulations!” Jungsoo cried. The eldest hyung hurried around the cart and nearly tackled the youngest teachers to the ground in his enthusiasm. Ryeowook laughed as Jungsoo planted a long kiss on his cheek, and snickered as Kyuhyun tried in vain to avoid his own kiss, but to no avail, as Jungsoo grabbed him by the chin and forced him still as he gave Kyuhyun the kiss.

When Jungsoo retreated back into the crowd, Kyuhyun took the album and briefly flipped through it. “Ah, this will be nice to look through this week! Thank goodness I only assigned two pages this weekend!”

The students in Kyuhyun’s class all turned to stare at him. “Two?!” Chanyeol yelped. “Mr. Cho, you assigned pages 160-167! That’s not two pages!” Kyuhyun looked confused.

“One-sixty-seven?” he asked. “The assignment was one-sixty to one-sixty-one.”

Everyone started yelling and Ryeowook quickly grasped the situation. He immediately whirled around and smacked Kyuhyun on the head. “I keep telling you to write neatly so these things won’t happen!”

“In my defense, I was in a rush to make sure that everything was ready for after our date!” Kyuhyun protested. “Even if you didn’t accept, or if I chickened out, we would be able to have fun!”

The math teacher turned around and smiled apologetically to his students. “In any case, I’m sorry for the stress it gave you.” His students immediately began stammering their thanks and reassured him that it was fine.

“After all,” Chanyeol shrugged. “We did all the homework, so we won’t have to do any for a while!” Cheers went up from the crowd and Kyuhyun didn’t have the heart to tell them that he hadn’t planned to do those pages, but why ruin their happiness? He had just gotten engaged - it was a time to celebrate!

Kyuhyun looked down at his fiancé in his arms with a smile. Ryeowook was laughing at something Kyungsoo said, his hand raised to cover his mouth. He looked positively radiant, like he was actually glowing with happiness. Kyuhyun really couldn’t help it. He tapped Ryeowook on the shoulder, and when the man turned around to ask what was wrong, he leaned down and softly kissed him.

A collective sigh came up from the crowd when Ryeowook fully turned to face Kyuhyun and he lifted his hand to clasp Kyuhyun’s face, moving forward to eagerly return his fiancé’s affections. Kyuhyun smiled into the kiss and pulled Ryeowook closer to his body. He would’ve liked to make the kiss a bit more intense, but he had to be mindful of the minors in the building, or else he would’ve gone further. As they separated, Heechul immediately led the crowd in an uproarious round of applause. (Kyuhyun swore that he heard Hyukjae start catcalling, but the elder claimed that he didn’t)

Ryeowook drew back with the biggest smile that Kyuhyun had seen in a long time. “What was that for?” he asked.

Kyuhyun just pressed a kiss to the tip of Ryeowook’s nose and cooed, “Because I love you!” Ryeowook immediately turned a beet red and embarrassedly shoved Kyuhyun. “It’s true though!” Kyuhyun whined. Ryeowook rolled his eyes and pecked his lips.

“I know, and I love you too.” Ryeowook squeezed Kyuhyun’s hand and turned back to their friends. “Shall we cut the cake?” Kyuhyun eagerly nodded and moved to turn Ryeowook around so he could guide Ryeowook’s hand, but Ryeowook glared at him so fiercely that he stopped dead in his tracks.

“You got to propose and do all the stereotypical man stuff, let me do this one!” Ryeowook complained. Kyuhyun laughed, but willingly stepped in front of Ryeowook and let the elder guide his hand to cut the cake in beautiful, even slices. When they were done, Ryeowook quickly put the knife down and squeezed Kyuhyun round the middle, lips turned up in a bright smile.

Kyuhyun turned around and chuckled when he saw Ryeowook with his lips puckered expectantly. The man obliged and sweetly kissed his small fiancé. “PDA!” Heechul crowed.  Ryeowook pulled back and stuck out his tongue at the elder childishly.

Jungsoo looked at the clock and sighed - it was almost time for classes. He loudly cleared his throat and walked up to the front of the crowd. “Everyone, take a slice of cake and proceed to your classes!” A collective groan arose, but with one severe glare from their principal had the students falling silent and queueing up to take their slice of cake. “Don’t worry, we’ll bring the cake back out at lunch!” As they walked out the door, the students beamed at Ryeowook and Kyuhyun and repeated their congratulations, the bolder students giving them hugs as they left.

The couple watched them go, arms wrapped around their partner’s waist. Ryeowook snorted when he heard Sungmin start to tell Donghee off for trying to smuggle more cake than he was supposed to. “Shall I walk you to class?” Kyuhyun murmured. Ryeowook nodded and Kyuhyun gently took his hand. Kyuhyun raised Ryeowook’s hand to his lips and tenderly kissed it, then began walking down the hall, their clasped hands swinging in between them.

“Kids, don’t make plans for dinner!” Jongwoon called. “We’re celebrating our way tonight!” The elder men roared in agreement and Kyuhyun raised a hand in acknowledgement. Ryeowook laughed brightly and Kyuhyun had to smile. His life was hectic, but he had Ryeowook to keep him grounded, and he wouldn’t trade it for the world. (He could only hope that they would make it out of dinner alive)

 


My first Kyuwook day fic~ What I like most about them is that even if they don't do a lot of fanservice with each other, when they do interact with each other, you can tell that they really and truly care about each other. Their relationship really is a beautiful one and I'm going to cheer them on forever~

All the Instagram accounts are from real idols~ From top to bottom: Krystal, Sungjong, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kangin, Siwon, Sooyoung, Amber, and Leeteuk. (I wasn't going to use their real accounts - I had a nice one thought out for Baekhyun, but I ended up using them anyways XD)

Why do Sungjong and Baekhyun still have their group names in their account? Let's just say that Heechul substituted for their class one day and when they left, they left as idols. 

~Rin