A new journey and new discoveries

From Korea to Argonica

Hey y'all! Sorry for making y'all wait long for the update. I'm still putting the story together as we go. so without further adiue, THE SECOND CHAPTER!!!

Still Yong Hwa POV

We left the cave before sunrise and reached the city at noon. The city was enormous, there were tall buildings everywhere, the streets were filled with the hustle and bustle of it's citizens, it reminded me of Seoul a little. The city also had a tall skyscraper in the middle of the city next to the Orzhov clan headquarters. I guess Argonica isn't as primitive as I thought, the city was filled with steam powered cars and carriages being pulled by bizarre creatures. Seo Hyun told me that the skyscraper is actually a place where drake riders live and land their dragons in the dragon stables, so it's basically an airport with dragons. The architecture of the buildingis really remarkable, short tarmacs cover the sides on all floors of the tower so that the drake riders could land on their specific floors. Drake riders are the equivalents of pilots here in Argonica, but instead of flying on planes, they fly on the backs of dragons.

Seo Hyun says that we're going to see her friend who is one of the best drake riders in the business. Unfortunately he lives on the highest floor of the skyscraper, fortunately though, Argonica is very advanced in steam powered technology, so the skyscraper has steam powered elevators. As we reached the highest floor, we (well, techincally Seo Hyun) were greeted by a man wearing a checkered shirt. He asked Seo Hyun who I was and Seo Hyun whispered in his ear. His eyes practically shot out of his eye sockets while Seo Hyun was smiling and nodding her head at him. I guess Seo Hyun told him that I was the so-called 'hero of legend' because the next thing I know, he was bowing to me saying "My name is Lee Jong Hyun. I'm very honoured to meet the great hero of legend." I was flustered "I'm Jung Yong Hwa. Please call me Yong Hwa. Do you mind if I call you Jong Hyun?" I said while offering him a handshake. He stood back up "of course. Yong Hwa." and accepted my handshake.  I was about to tell him that I wasn't a hero, but Seo Hyun cut in and told him that we needed him to take us to Dimirius. Jong Hyun suddenly looked dejected. "Yeah... About that. There's a slight problem." he quickly stood up and told us to follow him. We followed him to the dragon stable.

The dragon stable was a disaster waiting to happen. The walls were filled with holes, covered with only layers of plywood. I was starting to feel scared. What if this dragon is hostile? Did it cause all this damage? what if it shoots flames at us! As Jong Hyun opened the stable door, my fears were replaced with pity. The poor creature was hurt. It was just lying on the floor motionless, with a broken wing, and its eyes were filled with pain. I looked around its stable and it was filthy. Even its water was covered with scum. "What happened to it?" I asked Jong Hyun. "His wing is broken. My other dragon was taken by the Boros clan and they replaced it with this weakling. He couldn't even fly when his wings were okay. Since I thought he was useless, I just left him like this." he said nonchalantly. I lost it "Is this how you treat an animal? Seo Hyun says your the best drake rider in the business but this is how you treat your dragon? How do you even sleep at night knowing this poor creature is suffering? Not only that, but look at his drinking water. When was the last time you changed it?" I didn't hold anything back. He looked down in shame and said "I'm sorry. I was just pissed that the Boros thugs took my prized possession  and gave me this weakling." I gave Jong Hyun a dissatisfied look. Seo Hyun defended him saying "Hey, take it easy. Jong Hyun said his dragon was taken by the Boros and replaced with this worthless animal. Why are you getting so worked up about it?" okay, now she's done it "Worthless animal? Wow Seo Hyun, just wow. If you hadn't noticed, it has a broken wing and it's in pain. Oh, and need I remind you that this 'worthless animal' is our ride to Dimirius."

Seo Hyun just ignored me and went to comfort Jong hyun. As they went back to the main area, I entered the stable and I could see that the dragon was scared "Hey there buddy, it's okay, I won't hurt you. Just let me take a closer look at your injured wing." it was really tame. It lifted its injured wing and showed me where it was hurting the most. It was worse than I expected it to be, I felt sorry for it. I wish I could do something to at least ease the pain. The injury on its wing seemed to be really prone to infection. All of a sudden, My hands started glowing. I freaked out a bit at first but then somehow I had a feeling, like someone's telling me to put my hand over the dragon's wounded wing. To my amazement and shock, its wing was starting to look better. The damaged skin slowly fot better.

I see the dragon start to regain strength and it slowly stood up. This is awesome! First, I healed a dragon. Second, I healed a dragon using magic powers. Third, I have magic powers! I was still jumping in excitement when I suddenly felt something wet brushing against my face. The dragon me! A real dragon me! I guess dragons are no different to other household pets. "Graaaar!" it roared and my face again. It tickled so I told it to stop. I was ecstatic! "You're a friendly one. Did Jong Hyun bother to give you a name? If no, do you want a name? flap your wings once for 'NO' and twice for 'YES'. It then flapped its wings once, then twice. He understood me. He didn't have a name, that meant I get to name him. Nice. "Let's see... What should I name you? Ripjaw? Charizard? Draco?" Haha I can be more orginal than that. "Hmm... I know! How about Ksirio?" I guess it loved the name because in a blink of an eye, Ksirio gave me the strongest, wettest and I was flung across the stablelike a ragdoll. after being healed, Ksirio seemed so alive. Just minutes ago, he was lying on the floor, almost dead, and I saved him. I've never felt this good before in my life. I was still looking at Ksirio, Smiling like an idiot until I heard Seo Hyun's voice from the main area. I told Ksirio to be good and stay in his stable as I made my way to where Seo Hyun and Jong Hyun were.

As I reached the mian area, I was greeted with the sight of Seo Hyun and Jong Hyun arguing. "I told you already Jong Hyun, we don't have the money to pay you now. I'll pay you when we get to Dimirius." Seo Hyun pleaded. "Seo Hyun I know you can be trusted, but you still haven't paid your last debts yet. Plus, I don't want to add more to your debts.' Jong Hyun reasoned. I could see Sarah start to lose her temper, I took that as my cue to intervene in this little argument they are having. "Jong Hyun! My friend since 20 minutes ago. You see, in this economy in Argonica, we citizens need to be a little frugal with our money. You get what I mean?" Seo Hyun seemed shocked so I gave her the 'OK' sign and continued with my speech "Like Seo Hyun said earlier, we'll pay you when we get to Dimirius later. I'm sure Seo Hyun has a significant amount of money to pay ALL her debts. Isn't that right Seo Hyun?" She looked at me with gritted teeth and anger evident in her eyes. I immediately turn to face Jong Hyun again and said "We will pay you, all you need to do is take us to Dimirius on your dragon."

Jong Hyun sat down on his chair looking really annoyed, massaging his forehead "Okay, I know you'll pay me sooner or later but that isn't the problem right now. I don't have any other dragons to take you to Dimirius! The only dragon I have is that weakling in the stable." I felt guilty for telling him off earlier. "Hey man, I'm sorry I told you off earlier. I should've thought a little more before speaking." I apologized. "It's fine Yong Hwa, it really is. Right now, we need a dragon that's in good condition to fly us to Dimirius." Jong Hyun explained.

That's when I remembered about what happened earlier. "Guys! I totally forgot about what happened earlier. Remember when you guys left me with Ksirio in the stable?" they looked confused and simultaneously asked "who's Ksirio?" oh right, I haven't told them yet "Ksirio's the dragon. Anyway, we'll get to that later. Okay, remember when you guys left the stable? Well, this happened." I took Seo Hyun's sword and made a deep cut on my left arm. They panicked but I told them to calm down, I then showed them my glowing hands and demonstrated my healing powers to them. My wound vanished without a trace, I looked at their shocked faces an couldn't help but laugh. "So anyway, I used my powers to heal Ksirio's wing and now he's like a pet to me. I asked him if he had a name, and if he wanted one. We both decided on Ksirio. He's really tame, and obeys my commands. And...."

I looked towards their direction and they were still frozen in shock. "....Yeah, I think this is too much for you to process so let me show you." I pulled Seo Hyun up from her seat and her her to the stable to meet Ksirio, Jong Hyun followed suit. We reached the stable and there standing in all his glory was Ksirio. Jong Hyun and Seo Hyun were amazed at how Ksirio turned from a weak, dying dragon to a strong, mighty one. Jong hyun looked at me and asked "What in the name of all that is holy did you do to this dragon?" I simply shrugged, showed him my glowing hands again and smiled. Seo Hyun Grinned at me and turned to look at Jong Hyun's direction, she asked him "So, when's the next flight leaving?" Jong Hyun faced Seo Hyun, gave her a smirk and said "Give me the address, name of district, and amount of time for us to get ready. We leave as soon as we are ready."

Seo Hyun made a decision to stay at Jong Hyun's place for the night and leave early the next morning. I was standing on the balcony outside the main area, looking inside. Ksirio and Jong Hyun instantly became the best of friends, playing in the stable and Seo Hyun was cleaning her sword in the main area. It was peaceful, everyone's in a relaxed state. I turned around to look at the nightlife of the city. The citizens were all buzzing to get back to their respectful homes. Home, I forgot about the weary streets of Seoul, the people close to me, and my so-called family that loved me. Come to think of it, that wasn't home, it was just a place I was accustomed to. There, I was a weak and cowardly man, but here in Argonica, I'm a legendary hero. I looked at my hands and smiled, I healed a dragon with magic powers today. I still can't believe it myself. I then looked towards the moon and thought to myself "Maybe I am the hero in the legend." I shook my head and laughed.

"What are you doing out here all alone, laughing like an idiot." Seo Hyun said when she stepped out of the main area unto the balcony. "It's nothing, I was just thinking to myself." I said. "What were you thinking about?" she asked me. "You really want to know?" she nodded, "I was thinking maybe I am the hero after all." I told her. She looked at me with a stern face and said "Why do you doubt yourself? I didn't need any confirmation to prove you are the hero, I always believed you were the hero ever since we were at the cave. And what you did to Ksirio only makes me believe in you more." What Seo Hyun said was true, I am the hero of legend. There's no other explanation why I ended up in Argonica. "You know what Seo Hyun? You are absolutely right. I am the hero of legend. And with this new healing power, I will be hard to beat, Yang Hyun Suk will tremble before my feet. Haha!" I said childishly.

Seo Hyun laughed at my childishness and shook her head "Those healing abilities you possess are only the beginning of your powers to come. Soon, more will reveal themselves to you in times of peril and others will come naturally when the time is right." Okay, this is exciting. "More powers? Nice!" I exclaimed loudly. Seo Hyun ywaned and said "Well, that's enough excitement for one day. I'm going to hit the hay. Good night, Yong Hwa." Before going inside, she leaned forward and kissed my cheek. I was shocked by the sudden skinship that my face turned red and I started stammering "G...good... n...nigh...t S...Seo Hyun. I mean good night Seo Hyun, see you in the morning." She laughed one last timebefore entering the main area.

I looked on through the glass as she entered her room. I entered the main arrea and settled down to sleep on the couch. Tomorrow we will be leaving for Dimirius, where we can meet up with the elders and resistance leaders to finally defeat the evil emperor.