The noob can play

Old School Hollywood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They take you, and make you

They look at you in disgusting ways,

You should have never trusted Hollywood...

 

Seungri tried. He tried really hard not to be bothered by the role that was assigned to him. When he read the script, he couldn't believe it.

Hollywood was crazy.

Is this how they treat newbies here? They give them morally hard roles that would be challenging for any old actor? He kind of felt that the president was crazy but this was too much. What the heck? And his lines...

Even if this movie was published, or by any little tiny chance successful, there was no way his mom could see it, in Korea they would hate the movie. The lines he got... If his mom saw the movie, she would be shocked. When he checked the lines of the main characters – mainly Dae's, he had the worst scenes. Dae had to be a sweet boy who fell in love with a possessive but gentle guy. Even that Jiyong had a better role – a homophobic rich guy who fell in love with another guy. And what was the worst – he had a few bed scenes, one was with that bastard.

These people were weird. This movie was written really well, he had to admit.

But was America so open with homouality? And was he so open minded? Could he act it out?

Now he understood the smirk that he saw on Jiyong's face when he left.

The guy didn't want him to succeed.

He didn't know what was his problem. But he certainly wasn't going to back down.

What actor would he be, why would he come to Hollywood if he couldn't do his first assignment according to expectations? He was an artist, he could do it. And, by the way, he had already played a manwhore once. Just not so explicit like he was here.

With a sigh, he his concentration mode and started getting into his role. That was his way of learning his lines. Even though there was not a huge amount of lines for his character, there was no freaking way he would disappoint his manager or make people doubt him.

When he looked at it in the positive way, he got the best chance to prove his worth in Hollywood.

 

His character's name was Jack. A young boy that has been on street since he was ten years old. He ran away from his foster parents because they beat him, but he wasn't lucky. He was picked up by the mafia. They raised him and when he was thirteen, they made him addicted to drugs. They sold his body so that he could pay for the drugs but one day he decided to run away and deal with the addiction and that's how John (Yougbae) found him on a winter night, freezing to death. He took him to hospital and took good care of him. One day however, the addiction was too strong so he came back to his old home and sold his body once again – to Ben (Jiyong) who was unfortunately just trying to find out about his ual orientation because he was really scared of the feelings he had for John. So he wasn't gentle, nor did he know what to do to please the boy. Ri was drugged but the next morning he suffered and decided once again to get rid of his addiction. He decided to look for John again but once he saw him in the library, kissing the guy who bought him the night before, he ran away and his role ends with him crying, standing on the bridge, getting ready to jump.

 

It was really a good story.

He had much more incidental encounters with Dae and his partner, who was the mafia boss.

He wondered how would they record his bed scenes...

And he was looking forward to the bridge scene – this one would be the most emotional and he was good at those.

All in all, he could imagine himself as Jack.

He felt sorry for the character and if society decided to accept the movie, they'd see how perfect the whole thing was.

This was either going to be the biggest success in the movie industry or the biggest fail, all depending on society.

It was surprisingly easy to learn all of his lines, he even caught some sleep before he had to meet Gerrard. He was kind of looking forward to this. The first shot of him was going to be when he sees John kissing with Ben in the library. He had no lines there.

He had to run on the street and pant heavily while looking through the window.

They had it done in half an hour and everyone praised him so much he was starting to feel sick from all the false encouragement. Daesung wasn't here and that made it worse. Well, no actor was here, it was just Ri and the crew because the others had their scenes shot yesterday. The scene included a few tears and every staff member was worried if the newbie could do it and Ri just did what he felt like – the scene surely made him feel like crying.

The first shot was successful but they had to do more of them for the angles of camera and other things. At that point he knew they were just trying him.

He wasn't going to be the weak newbie.

He acted it no matter how many times they had asked him.

At the end of the shooting he heard some whispers about him and he felt proud.

There was a reason he was called to Hollywood. He'd show them his worth.

Then they were moving locations. It was the scene where he ran away from the mafia den and he accidentally ran into John. Youngbae was there, his make-up was done and the scene was prepared. Ri didn't exchange a word with the actor.

If he wanted to talk to him, the actor would have to introduce himself – everyone knew newbie.

 

Jack was running in some back street, panting heavily from exhaustion, his eyes were big with fear and his chest raising erratically, waking the feel of suffocation. It looked like the boy would faint any second.

And he did.

He wore torn clothes that barely covered his littered body.

After the pants stopped, his shoulders started shaking viciously but the reason wasn't clear – it was so cold outside that it must've been caused at least partly by the freezing of his muscles and it might have been caused by the tears running down his red eyes. And maybe partly by his needy body that begged for drugs.

He didn't really care that the bruises and poor clothing made him disgusting for passers by.

He only wondered how would he survive. Obviously he wouldn't. He was sure – until a gentle hand reached out to him and made him raise his head.

What he saw was slightly confusing.

Was that the angel from heaven? He'd never seen so gentle eyes, they seemed so out of the real world. He only watched the man reaching out to him when the man smiled and woke him with words: “It's freezing, come with me.”

Jack didn't even know what he's doing.

He just saw his tiny trembling hand grabbing the gentle and clean one and then he was being lifted up by the same gentle, clean and strong hands.

“What's your name, lost boy?” he had to think hard about his answer.

“Jack.”

“Very well. I'm John. I hope we'll get along,” the angel said with a smile and took the boy away.

 

“Cut! Well done, Youngbae, newbie! Go change,” and the scene ended.

Just like that.

Youngbae let the boy go but the boy continued shaking.

He followed the young one with his eyes, he had a feel something wasn't right. And it sure as hell wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter