The noob

Old School Hollywood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First chap, nothing much. Just wanted to say that everything here is made up in my head, I don't really know how it works in Hollywood.

 

Seungri was mesmerized by the beauty of America. Everything was so new and absolutely different from Korea. His home seemed like worlds apart and sometimes he wanted to see his mom so that she could tell him everything was going to be okay. That was how they said goodbye to each other. He really didn't want to be separated from his mother but, well. She wanted the best for him so here he was.

He wasn't really looking forward to having to work as an actor.

Not that he didn't like it but he wasn't so sure about his talent. Hollywood actors were something else, he just couldn't compare. He felt so rude for just going there and having everything taken care of by one of the richest companies there.

Nobody was waiting for him at the airport but he didn't really expect it.

He saw a few fans standing there and taking photos of him and he was honestly surprised he even had fans in America, even though he never stared in any movie yet...

His future manager only spoke to him on the phone and told him where to direct the taxi once he arrived.

So he did what his manager told him to and with a sigh got to one of the taxis waiting in front of the airport. This day wasn't really perfect but who was he to complain?

As he told the driver the address where to take him, he looked out of the window. He was lucky that he had a talent for languages, otherwise he would be completely lost and useless in America's biggest movie business.

He still didn't understand how he became famous.

He was just a member of the drama club in his high school, he only played in five plays so far and the only one who ever told him he was good was his teacher.

When the taxi reached the building he was supposed to come to, he saw a man waving at him. That was probably his manager. As he came out, the guy introduced himself and Seungri was right, though he was stunned – he looked serious and responsible and all but he didn't wear a suit or anything formal and his smile was warm and friendly.

Seungri always got along with this kind of people so he smiled widely and greeted with the guy like they had known each other for ages.

“Let me help you, it must be heavy,” the guy said and Seungri gladly handed him some of his luggage.

“Thank you, I'm so excited to see it here,” he said and looked around.

The manager who introduced himself as Gerrard just smiled and led him inside the building.

It was even bigger than it looked from the outside. Seungri gasped when he saw obviously rich people roaming around at entrance hall that was so big he was sure that his apartment was two times smaller than this whole thing. There was reception desk behind which sat a woman, constantly speaking to her phone and doing something on the computer.

Gerrard led his straight to the desk, avoiding all the sofas and tables placed all around the place.

“Is this the company?” Seungri asked, confused. It looked much more like a hotel...

People around were rushing around, as if they could never stop and luggage, bags, movers and boxes were all around the place.

“No, this is the apartment complex that our company owns. We'll grab you keys, register you and you can drop your things, take a shower and sleep if you want. Of course, if you feel strong enough, I can show you the company building but it's far and the company is big...” he started to explain but Ri stopped him mid-sentence, he didn't care.

“I'm glad I was given the opportunity to sleep, I'm tired,” he said and Gerrard nodded.

He took care of all the formalities, Seungri just had to give his signature and when he finally got his card, he happily took off to the place that was going to be his.

Gerrard accompanied him.

His place was on the eighth floor. It was nothing weird, he expected to be put on the highest floor because he was newbie. They were testing him obviously.

He wasn't exactly happy because he would have to use elevator or walk hundreds of stairs daily. Gee assured him that if he was successful, they would place him to the lower floors continuously. Only the best actors could live on the first floor, where was the tightest security and no need to care about stairs or crash of elevator.

The number of his apartment was 212, when they left the elevator, there was a long hall with doors place on both sides of the wall. His room was at the end of the hall on the right side. When he checked in with his card, he opened the door to see a small but pretty and modern apartment-like room with small kitchen and bathroom for his personal use. There was also a TV that looked super new and big and the door to the right side led to a small bedroom with a simple bed and a middle sized wardrobe.

He smiled. He liked it here.

Gee left him alone after he explained how to use everything and told him about the rules in this place.

When he was finally alone, he let his body to fall on the bed and the moment his body touched the bed he fell asleep.

 

Daesung didn't know what to think about his next neighbor. He only caught a glimpse of his face in the hall while he was heading to his current work place.

As he was making his way to the little book shop where they had to shoot a few scenes for his new movie, his thoughts were occupied by the innocence in the boys eyes. Of course, there were younger actors in the company, he heard that this one was something around sixteen, but none of the children that were taken in had that innocence in their eyes anymore.

He still remembers the first time he came here.

His family had financial issues so he had to go and work, the company took him in after he acted in some musicals in his towns theater (he still didn't understand how the heck did they find him) and the instant he came here he wanted to go away.

He felt like he came to a big hyena den, everyone had this selfish look in their eyes, they concentrated only on their own success and it didn't matter if someone had to die in order for them to become famous. That too strong resolution which ended up destroying and tainting their souls.

That's why he had no friends here.

He didn't want to be in contact with dirty people.

But when he saw the boy, he knew he had to get to him before the young one was tainted by this place's rats.

He made a note to himself that right after he finishes his recording, he has to head home and talk to the boy. He just felt they would click, he felt some kind of sympathy towards the boy.

When he reached the place of shoot, he wanted to kill.

The so-called stars of the company were bickering once again – like always.

“Why do I have to play this monkeys lover?” shouted Jiyong on full lungs.

Daesung just smirked – serves you right.

He felt somehow sorry for Youngbae however, the guy did nothing so bad to deserve to be the first partner of a homoual nature for Jiyong, who didn't look very happy about having to act as something he himself despised.

“I have no problem, dear. Actors have to play to their fullest and not look at what they act as or with whom they act. Sorry but the only thing that's slowing us down is your unprofessionalism,” replied Youngbae sharply.
Jiyong just seemed angrier but he contained his rage.

Daesung wanted to whistle at that – it was a first! Dragon never tried to control his emotions which was possibly the reason for his very good acting.

“Oh, you're here, we have to put your make-up on, Daesung,” said one of the staff workers and led him away from the bickering main actors. He was glad he didn't have so many scenes with them. His head would burst if he had to spend more time with these guys.

Although he wasn't competing against other actors, if he wanted, he could be living on the first floor right now. He just refused to forget the place where everything began. With his room on the eighth floor was connected too many memories, like first script learning etc....

He nodded his head to his acting partner, Choi Seunghyun. A weird big guy that was too manly, their roles were those of the lovers, Daesung was the cute and clumsy one (and the bottom) while Seunghyun was the possessive manly one.

They didn't really have any problems with each other. Seunghyun considered Daesung as a handsome weirdo and a hell of a good actor, he felt actually proud that he was paired with such a person, Daesung wasn't easy to deal with – that only ment they trusted him with handling the outstanding guy. On the other hand Daesung was just glad he didn't have to be an action movie star, he didn't like those because it was too much work.

This movie was just a romance about forbidden gay love, the best actors of the company were cast and it was a gamble for the director because they had no idea how the society would react to something like that.

Seunghyun and Daesung only had a few scenes in the library so they would need to stay for about three hours to shoot it perfectly and then they could head home. They usually walked together, which often surprised Daesung.

The famous and rich- actors always took cars so that they don't have to walk. Daesung only took his car when he had a shooting out of the city – he loved to walk, no matter how much. He worked out so some additional walking wasn't really a problem. But Choi Seunghyun didn't have the same way of thinking as Daesung, he never walked home by himself on his feet. They didn't really talk much when they walked.

It was actually a weird behavior of the older. Seunghyun was the cute childish one around people, he talked a lot, he made his weird jokes and loved to dance although he couldn't really move his big body too much. But when he was with Dae, he got silent.

He didn't even try to become his friend.

Daesung could only smirk at that – he probably felt that Dae could see through his innocent facade, he knew that Seunghyun wasn't as perfect as he looked. The actor was just another one of those who only wanted success and didn't care about anything else.

In this movie, their roles were the more innocent ones, the main focus was Jiyong and Youngbae and it was better that way. At least they didn't have to do bed scenes like the latter pair.

In the library they had their first kissing scene however.

To Dae it was nothing much, he had already done these with both female and male actors but Seunghyun seemed so nervous.

“Shout if I hurt you, okay,” he whispered before the shoot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter