The Teams

Thunder at Hearts (Eunhyuk and Gyuri)

A New Team, Burning Air

Almost midnight, on top of Red Tower in Incheon-city, as a roaring thunder sound from below the building, two men were standing next to each other.

“WOW…. Hyukk, it’s fast!“ Donghae was looking at his left hand which held a mini stop-watch while listening to the sound beneath.

“Yup.”

“It’s really fast you know. This speed’s never been recorded in what… 3 years?”

“4 years…...”

“So, we’ll accept it?”

“…umm… I’m afraid yes. Don’t you mind to inform Nic?”

“Sure not! I’ll call her. She must be still at home,” by said it, Donghae left the other guy alone in darkness on top of the tower.

 

The next day, in Burning Air’s base…

“So, you all come on time, huh...”

A handsome man stood up from a luxury wooden chair, calmly welcoming the guests and offered shake hand, ”…thought you might be late.”

Eunhyuk received his, saying, “It looks like a profitable deal, Park Jung Min-shi. We ; me,  Donghae and Nicole have talked about it…..and discussed about it. And yes, we agree. So, we came here early.”

“Ahh….glad to hear it, Eunhyuk-shi. After we’re coming from abroad months ago…finally we can meet you in person. I promise, this will bring benefit to all of us.”

Donghae and Nicole secretly glanced to each other, feeling in doubt.

 

Suddenly the door opened and a beautiful girl, still in her race-suit, entered into the lobby.

“Oh, at last….my gorgeous sister willingly attend this meeting. Gentlemen….and lady (Park Jung Min nodded to Nicole), here’s Gyuri. Our 1st racer. (Jung Min’s proudly looking at his sister). Guys, it’s her that you’ve heard last night. You did record her time, didn’t you? Certainly Hyukk-shi, you’d must still remember her.”

In shock, Eunhyuk attempted to not showing startles whereas Donghae stood with mouth agape and Nicole’s stunning silent.

“Still trying to be the fastest, eh Gyuri-shi?” Eunhyuk broke the ice, half smiled with his pierced eyes to hers.

Almost unnoticed by the others, Donghae shoveled his left elbow to Eunhyuk, whispered, ”You’ve known her!”

“…ehm....here’s Donghae, my colleague and main assistant. She’s Nicole, will be in charge in press relation and support managing the paddock.”

The two nodded at same time and shook hands with Gyuri.

“Well, please apologize.….since I have another schedule with the management about now, I would handed-over the signing agreement to my sister, Park Gyuri. I hope it’s alright with you all?”

“Sure not, Jung Min-shi. You own this team and company, sure you have tight schedules,” Eunhyuk replied him.

Shook hands again with the guests, Park Jung Min then left the four for further business talks.

Gracefully and smoothly as always, Gyuri asked the guests to follow her. While walking, she turned look at Eunhyuk and smile cynically, saying,” Yes, I still want to be the fastest. Don’t think you’d be that surprise Eunhyuk-shi. You yourself now’ve became an expert, eh?” she’s back to walk. ”My brother is so impressed. As we arrived here and he found out you’ve also came back in town, he insists you to join with us in Burning Air … .”

Eunhyuk’s just walked in misty face behind her, giving no response.

 

In the Office Room…

“Formality stuff guys, this is the letter of agreement. You all have read the copy of it, rite? Your signatures will be in there. Don’t worry, what’s written inside it’s just the same with the copies.” Gyuri waited until the signing began then walked to the window, looking at faraway outside, “I do really hope, you all are satisfied with the terms and conditions. But if you have anything to ask, no need hesitate for calling me, my brother …or, our lawyer. His address’s attached in there.”

“Ok, thank you, Gyuri-shi. We hope this agreement will work out well too…..,” Eunhyuk’s staring at her.

She turned back, hooked up her hung hair over the ears, looking at the three people and said, ”That’s great. So, good afternoon Eunhyuk-shi, Donghae-shi, Nicole-shi. We’ll meet again…tomorrow. For the initial procedure, you can meet our Security and Logistic Head first, Chansung-shi at front office.”



 
Back in SJ’s dorm… .

“Ahaa…..she’s the girl you’d been chattered about, back in what…..6-7 years ago? That whole year…. And wuoo…thought last night was Jung Min’s other racer. A man, or….. at least a teenage boy. But it was her?!” Donghae astonished, sprayed the words.

“I forgot she’s Jung Min’s sister," Eunhyuk replied. "She’s never mentioned about him that time. I found out about it later on.”

“Yahh you forgot becau---”

“It’s different person. You’d mistaken her with another.”

“…but Hyukk, why she’s so diff---”

“Aiishh….I really don’t wanna talk about it now, Donghae. Please…”

“Hey heyy let’s get some rest then!” Nicole interrupted,” We’ll gonna have lots works to do from now on rite….”

She ascended the stairs to her own room.

In grumbling, Donghae strolled to his room at left side while Eunhyuk went to his room at right side of the dorm with full of thoughts.

Night still’s taking a few hours to go….

 

Burning Air

A windy mid day, at Burning Air’s garage

After days, finally Eunhyuk found the time alone with Gyuri. He stared at her, cleaning his hands to a cotton rags… standing next to the car.

“I’m amaze by your hospitality attitude, Miss… It deceives anyone, but me.”

“……hmm…..”

“Gyuri-shi, are you still mad?”

Inside the car, behind the steer, Gyuri put her firm and serious face, concentrated to her practice of combining the control of accelerator pedals ; power, brake, clutch, wheel, steer, etc.

She’s trying to ignore Eunhyuk, helped by the sound of the car muffler. Yet it’s rather hard when he was in less than two meters from her, moreover, in his sleeveless shirt….with his muscled arms, smeared in oil and sweat.

“So, you still mad, huh.… Thought it’s been cleared, wasn’t me who told….” he sighed,” Gyuri-shi….please, talked to me at least a word or---”

“Perhaps not your fault. But he got expelled, didn’t he?”

“I see, after these years, you…..? Ok Miss, I understand.”

“Stop --Miss-- at me. And no, you don’t understand! How can you?!” Gyuri held-up harder the power pedal of the car, made its sound louder. She then switched off the engine, opened the car’s door, slapped it and off.

‘Hmpp…. I promise to myself I could handle it. But…….. God! His presence brings back all the memories, makes me remember about---’ Gyuri flapped her hair and clenched palms, heart’s beating in harsh.



Emerald Kingdom

Emerald Kingdom’s Base...

A beautiful man  –Prince Nickhun- was sitting on a luxury chair at a balcony, enjoying the view below and chuckled.

Another man’s standing next to him, spoke, “You look very happy today, your highness.”

“Ehh….me?? Yeah….of course! Finally the racing days are coming!” cocked to his left, he continued, “I hope you’re ready KY.”

“I am ready, your highness. Don’t worry…. It’ll be a joyful,” the other man smiled halfheartedly.

A girl behind the two, was standing still…..thrilled and anxious.



Southern Ice

Southern Ice’s Dorm….

The Leader and 1st racer of Southern Ice group -Kim Hyun Joong- was in lounge……deeply in thoughts leaned on a sofa when his cousin, 2nd racer –Goo Hara- came, “The Kingdom has a new racer, Hyun Joong-oppa. They said he’s from East Island.”

“I knew it Hara. Thanks.”

Hara glanced at him and mumbled, “ …careful, oppa.”

Hyun Joong smiled, “I will, my sweet cousin, stop worried ok? That’s not what I’m concerned the most….. it’s you who worries me. Sometimes you get so emotions when driving S-3.”

“..ahahahahaa….. I noticed that ‘Ice’ is not always match named on you. My elder cousin does have a heart! Hahaaa… I’ll let you face that new racer, hyung. Me?? Ah, compete with the Nemesis is always an enthusiasm,” Hara winked her eyes to Hyun Joong, who’s just shook his head in tickled.

 
The empty Cafetaria Room – Burning’s Air base…

“Gyuri….wait….,” Eunhyuk softly grasped Gyuri’s arm, stopped her from leaving the cafeteria.

“We need….. we have to talk. Please….,” calm yet in firm voice, his eyes searched for hers.

By that gaze of him, restrainless Gyuri shifted her eyes to the floor and sit on a chair.

“What Eunhyuk-shi? Do we really have to?” She continued, “I knew you didn’t do it. So what…… it’s too late.”

“Don’t care how many…..I’ll say it again to you, I’m sorry…,” Eunhyuk stopped, “…so sorry of that incident and that you with him…… .”

Gyuri was silent, but slowly raised her head, “It’s ok Eunhyuk-shi. I’ve told you many times before. Let’s…,” she sighed, blankly looked at Eunhyuk, “……let’s just concentrated for the race preparation. That’ll need more energy from all of us.”

“….. it’s not ‘ok’ then.. You still can’t forgive me.”

“OK means I already forgive you Eunhyuk-shi. Please don’t take it wrong,” Gyuri stood up, ”Besides, it’s been a long time ago. A racer must always moving fast forward, rite?” she smiled a little.

“And, oh yeah please fix the steer setting. It’s kinda bumpy a little. Don’t forget, we want the 1st place,” sparks in her eyes, she nodded and went out.

Aroused in confusion, Eunhyuk wiped his left whisker and murmured, ”After all these years, you still love him, eh Gyuri-shi?”

Instantly, he felt cold and emptiness.  

 
“Have a word with the Nemesis-goddess, eh ‘Bro?” without clues, Donghae sailed into the space.

Eunhyuk just looked at him, clouded eyes, “You’ve heard us?”

“Chill out Hyukk-ah. It’s gonna be fine, soon… Trust me.”

He thought Donghae is really the best buddy he can have….  

 
Walking down the front stairs, Gyuri talked to herself, “He did it again. … Once we’re good friends… And how I can not forgive you? Eunhyuk-shi, sometimes you’re such a fool....”

She sighed, attempted to erase shadows from the past encircled her lately.