Gaining New Enemies Was Not Arlene's Plan

Can I Like You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All of BTS stared at her with shock. She’s staying at Kim Hanbin’s house and she sits with them? Jimin cleared his throat and leaned in.

 

“You don’t mean Ikon Kim Hanbin. Right?” He asked carefully. Arlene innocently nodded.

“Yeah. His parents were somehow friends with mine. So last year around November and I came to Korea and went to his house thinking his parents were home but they weren’t. So it’s just me, Hanbin, Bobby, and Jinhwan.” Arlene explained ad took a sip of her water. All the boys were still trying to collect all the information. Jin just couldn’t believe he was sitting with an enemy. Sure they barely have met but now that he knows that she is connected to Ikon, he immediately stamped her as an enemy.

“Wow, I thought you guys were just friends. I can’t believe you’re siblings.” Taehyung said.

 

“We’re not blood-related, his parents are just registered as mine now.” Arlene corrected.

 

“Well, I like you even though I don’t like them, so I consider you as my new friend.” Taehyung grinned as he put his arm around her shoulder.

 

“I do too, unless you want to be something more?” Rap Monster said, raising his eyebrows. Arlene chuckled at that and shook her head.

 

“No thanks Rap.” She declined nicely. Rap Monster pouted but shrugged it off.

 

“I don’t want her sitting here.” Someone abruptly said. Everyone looked at Jin who starred at Arlene with an unpleasing look, making her uncomfortable.

“Hyung, I invited her to sit with us. She’s our new friend.” Taehyung defended Arlene.

“She's not friend. I don’t need someone connected to the enemy sitting with us.” Jin told Taehyung then moved his attention back to Arlene.

“Tell me the truth. They told you to spy on us, didn’t they?” Jin interrogated her. Arlene frantically shook her head.

“Aniyo!! I’m not anyone’s spy! Taehyung only invited me and I accepted. I'll just go if you don't want me here.” Arlene grabbed her tray and quietly told Taehyung she’ll see him later. After she was gone, Taehyung looked at Jin with a disappointed look and took his lunch to a different table without saying another word. Jimin hesitantly got up and grabbed his tray. He looked ad Jin and said,

“She’s a really nice person hyung, she wouldn’t do anything deceitful.” Rap Monster just shook his and left to join the other two.

“If you guys want to go join them, go ahead.” Jin got up and left the cafeteria. Suga looked at J-Hope and Jungkook.

“What the hell just happened?”

~With Arlene~

Arlene didn't feel like finishing her food so she threw the rest of it away. On her way to the exit, she bumped into Ikon who were making their way out.

“Noona, hi!” Chanwoo waved at her. Arlene smiled slightly and waved back.

“Hey guys.” She greeted them half-heartedly. Hanbin noticed something wrong with her tone.

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to be eating with BTS? Did something happen over there.” He asked. Arlene frowned before quickly smiling again.

“Oh, I didn't feel so good so I’m going back to class. Later guys.” She was about to leave when Donghyuk pulled her back. He smiled and linked his arm with hers.

“Let’s go together. Our classes are next to each other.” He started to drag Arlene to their classes and the rest followed behind.

Bobby nudged Jinhwan in the ribs and smirked at the shorter member, Jinhwan knew why Bobby was smirking and narrowed his eyes at him telling him to shut up. Bobby just snickered and looked ahead again. He let his eyes wander around and caught a figure that seemed to familiar in the distance outside. He stopped and watched it walk away towards until it disappeared.

‘That couldn’t be her. There’s no way it could be her.’ He thought and felt a bit panicked. The girl who-shall-not-be named went away. She left after Ikon finally got her away from Jinhwan. They even made sure to see her leave Korea in the airport. Bobby continued to stare out the window when someone poked his shoulder. He flinched and looked to see who the culprit was. It was Junhoe.

“Hyung, why are you staring out the window. Everybody’s waitin for you.” Bobby looked outside one more time before returning his attention back to Junhoe.

“Nothing. I thought I saw some hot chick but turns out I was wrong. Let’s go.” The younger one nodded as he went off. Bobby looked out the window once more before catching up with the others.

“Hey Arlene, wanna go to the movies this Saturday?” Yunhyeong asked, flashing two movie tickets in front of her. Arlene smiled and nodded.

“I haven’t gone to see a movie in a while. Sounds fun.” Arlene turned and continued heading to her class.

Yunhyeong smirked at Jinhwan who just shook his head. Hanbin snickered at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter