Part Two

The Good Stuff

Part Two:

 

“That’s the good stuff” the ahjusshi finished and Yoongi just sat there in silence.  But soon after the ahjusshi left and returned in a minute with a carton of milk.  He reached behind him for a cup and poured himself a glass.

Yoongi smiled and said,“I’ll have some of that.”

The ahjusshi smiled and poured him a glass as well.

“So tell me what happened with you two?” he asked, and strangely Yoongi replied, telling him all about your guys’ fight.  The next couple of hours passed as they talked about life and work and family, and they sat comfortably, like old friends.

Yoongi was staring off behind the ahjusshi, when he saw a picture that caught his attention. It was a black and white picture, obviously very old, but the woman in the picture was very beautiful.

“Who is that?” he asked the ahjusshi. The ahjusshi turned around and looked. His eyes glazed over.

“That’s my Soo-mi.” he picked up the picture. “This was taken about a year after we got married” he continued, but his voice instantly became overwhelmed with a sadness Yoongi had never seen before.

“I didn’t leave the bar for five years, after the cancer took her from me,” the ahjusshi says. Yoongi is stunned. He hadn’t expected to hear that.

“I used to drink myself into oblivion every night. But I had to stop...for my kids and for myself...and for her. I’ve been sober for four years now, because the one thing that was stronger than the alcohol…”

 

“It’s looking at the picture of her holding our newborn baby daughter.”

Jimin wanted children. Yoongi wanted anything Jimin wanted. As they were both male, they couldn’t have biological children of their own and they didn’t have enough money to get a surrogate.  So they went the adoption route. They had travelled all across Korea looking into every orphanage and looking at every child they saw. If they were being honest, they wanted to adopt all the children if they could but that wasn’t reasonable.

They were in Daegu, Yoongi’s hometown, and at an orphanage that Yoongi used to walk by when he used to lived there. The director has changed, but the place still looked the same. Yoongi and Jimin met all the children there and they were a wonderful lively bunch. Many of them were slightly older, but they didn’t mind. A child was a child, no matter what the age.

There was one little girl that stood out to them. She was the only child in the entire orphange who wasn’t trying to get their attention. Instead, she sat in the corner and was writing on a piece of paper. She looked to be about eight years old, but Yoongi couldn’t tell.

Yoongi pointed her out to Jimin and he looked intrigued as well. Together, they walked over to her and sat down at the little table where she was writing.

“What are you writing?” Yoongi asked. The little girl looked up. She didn’t seem scared and she wasn’t overly enthusiastic either.

“A poem,” she answers. Yoongi was honestly surprised. Not many young children knew how to write, let alone write poetry.

“What’s it about?” Jimin asks, his voice warm and inviting.

“The rain,” the girl answers, “I sometimes wonder if the rain is ever sad. Is it sad because it wants its existence to be known? I like the rain because it is like me.”

Yoongi didn’t have any words. The girl was not only smart beyond her age, but she was intellectual as well. Yoongi instantly felt a connection with her.

“How old are you?” Jimin asks.

“I’m eight,” she answers. So Yoongi had been right.

“What’s your name?” Yoongi asks.

“Bi Na,” the girl answers. Yoongi chuckles.

“Of the rain,” he muses as he thinks over the literal translation of her name, “I like it.”

The girl smiles, a sweet gentle smile on her face.

“You are like the rain, too,” she says as she looks at Yoongi. Yoongi can’t help but stare at her.

“Bi Na?” Jimin says, “how would you feel about being adopted?”

Yoongi looks at Jimin with surprise for a moment, but the look of reassurance on his face soothes his mind soon after. The girl looks over them for a moment.

“I like you,” she answers them.

“Would you like to be our daughter?” Yoongi asks, his voice quivering. She smiles.

“Ok,” she answers, “Annyong, Appas!”

Yoongi smiles widely and Jimin hugs the girl to his chest tightly. Yoongi looks between the two and he instantly knows that this was the right choice. They had just started their family.

 

“And seeing the huge smile on his face when you gave him the silver necklace on the day your youngest son, married the girl he’d been in love with since high school.”

“Jiminie, can you come here for a second, I have something for you,” Yoongi called to him from the bedroom where he was currently getting dressed for the wedding.

“Can you come here instead, I’m almost done,” Jimin called back to him.

“Aish” Yoongi called back, “What is taking you so long?”

Jimin was sitting in front of the mirror putting on his tie.

“You look amazing,” Yoongi says to him, and he smiles.

“Wait until I’m done, then I will look really amazing,” Jimin said with a smirk, “I’ll make Jae Joon’s fiancé look like a jar of dirt.”

“Ya! How can you say that about our son’s soon-to-be wife?” Yoongi questioned, shocked.

“I’m sorry, Yoongi, it’s just…” Jimin took a breath in “I don’t want to lose my little boy.”

Yoongi looked at him with a sad but understanding look on his face as Jimin continues, “I guess I finally understand what those K-Drama mother-in- laws feel like when they find their sons being taken away by the poor girls.”

Yoongi laughed out loud at Jimin and he stands up in protest“Ya! I promise I won’t throw a glass of water in her face, ok? Deal?”

“Deal” Yoongi said “But first, this is for you.” He pulled out a long box and handed it to Jimin.  He opened it and took a sharp breath in.

“Yoongi-ah…it’s beautiful, I love it.” Jimin stood up and hugged him “Thank you.”

The wedding was beautiful. Jimin cried throughout the whole ceremony and Yoongi held his hand the whole time.  Bi Na was standing next to her adoptive brother’s wife as a bridesmaid and Yoongi couldn’t help but marvel at the family he had created with Jimin. Jimin never took that necklace off either, carrying it around with him always.

 

“And then the day, when your daughter gives birth to your first grandson, and she gives you this…ugly shirt that said ‘I’m a grandpa’ and you wear it whenever you visit.”

Yoongi couldn’t believe he was a grandfather. He remembered being in complete shock the day he became a father after he had adopted Bi Na and then a couple years later, Jae Joon. Now he was in the hospital, waiting for his Bi Na to give birth to their first grandson.  Yoongi was 65 now and Jimin was 63 and neither their son nor their daughter lived at home anymore.  They had both gotten married and now their  daughter was giving birth to her son.

Yoongi sat in silence, his hand rubbing circles into Jimin’s while they waited for their son-in-law to come out with the news. And soon enough he did.

Yoon Jae was the name of your grandson. And he was beautiful. Yoongi cried and he hugged Jimin and their daughter as soon as they were allowed into the room.  Their son-in-law hands the baby over to Yoongi and he holds the baby in his arms.

“Annyong, Yoon Jae” he said “I’m your hanaboji.”

Later, Jimin comes in with a gift for him. He’s surprised and opens it not knowing what to expect.  It’s a t-shirt, which says “I’m a grandfather.” It’s the ugliest shirt Yoongi had ever seen in his whole life, but then he sees Jimin take off  his jacket to reveal the exact same shirt that says “I’m a grandpa” and Yoongi swears that this is now his favorite piece of clothing he’s ever owned.

 

“Being with him as your time starts to run out…and holding his hand while he closes his eyes for the last time.”

His children had just left. Yoongi had told them to leave. They had said their goodbyes. His daughter and son said goodbye to their father. His grandson said goodbye to his grandfather. And now, Yoongi wanted to say goodbye to his husband for the last time.

Jimin wasn’t sick. He was just old. 84 years old and he was ready to leave.  But Yoongi wasn’t. He needed Jimin there with him. He needed to hear Jimin’s voice whisper to him that he loved him every night before they went to bed. He needed to have Jimin sing their old BTS songs in the shower or while he cooked dinner, that Jimin had finally perfected over the years.  Yoongi needed Jimin there to love him.

Jimin was scared to say the least. He didn’t know what awaited Jimin. But  Jimin was happy to see his mother and father on the other side after they had died years ago.  Yoongi knew that his older brother was still around to help him and their children and grandchildren were there too along with the rest of BTS, to love him until Jimin was ready to meet Yoongi again. That was the only thought he had to reassure him.

And Yoongi told him that.  But he still cried.  Yoongi clutched Jimin’s hand and he cried, kissing his hair, his eyes, his cheeks and finally his lips. It was the last kiss Yoongi had to remember him.

“Yoongi” Jimin says to him “Don’t be afraid to miss me, I’ll see you soon.”

And with that Jimin closes his eyes and he was no longer there.

Yoongi sobbed into Jimin’s chest, burying his face until he couldn’t breath. He walked into the living room to deliver the news and their family cried for him.  Yoongi called the rest of BTS and told them about Jimin’s passing.  And they cried with him.

The funeral was beautiful with all of Jimin’s extended family, his immediate family and Yoongi’s family and BTS there as well.  They sang a song for him. Jimin’s favorite song.

 

“You better go home to your husband now” the ahjusshi said, “He probably misses you.”

When Yoongi went home, he looked for Jimin in the living room. He found Jimin there crying his eyes out.  The second Yoongi saw him he stood up and ran over to him, giving the older a constricting hug and didn’t let go.

“I’m so sorry” Jimin apologizes between sniffles

“So am I” Yoongi says, looking into Jimin’s eyes. Yoongi was so deep in love with Jimin. He was glad he didn’t drink any alcohol this evening.  He only needed the look in Jimin eyes to make him remember why he loved him and Yoongi drank the moment up.  He kissed Jimin deeply and picked him up, carrying him to bed.

 

________________________________________________________________

 

Yoongi snapped out of his memories, back into present time.  It was over thirty years ago that he met that ahjusshi and heard his tale. And now Yoongi had his own memories to line up with that story.  Two years ago Jimin had passed and Yoongi had been living with his son, Jae Joon’s family for all of that time.  He visited his grandson, Yoon Jae’s house everyday and picked him up from school wearing his grandpa shirt and walking him to Bi Na’s house and watching him until she got home from work. And then Yoongi went back to his room and sat in his chair, and thought about Jimin.  

Today, in particular was the anniversary of his death and the whole family had just gotten back from visiting his grave.  Yoongi sat in his chair and played Jimin’s favorite song in the background.  He missed Jimin more and more every day. And today was finally the day he would get to see him again.  Yoongi could feel it in his soul.  So he closed his eyes and rocked back and forth into his chair, until everything around him was gone.

 

And Jimin was there before him again.

 

A/N: I'm sorry for writing so much angst, I just love it too much. Hope you all liked it. Once again a plot bunny that needed to be written. This was originally a scenario I wrote on tumblr but I wanted to make it an OTP fic and post it on here. Anyway, thanks! :)