Hate That I Love You

Song of My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PLEASE READ A/N AT THE LAST PART.

 

Kyungsoo went back to his apartment after the confrontation with Mr. Lee and that arrogant guy. Thankfully Hyejin offered him a ride and although it was a bit embarrassing because he was the guy and he feels that he should be the one doing that, he had no choice since he left his money back at his apartment and besides he has no car, yet.

Kyungsoo throws himself at his bed and slap his face once until it stings hard. He was still pissed from what happened knowing his job was at risk. To be honest, he still can’t accept that the guy was blaming him for his falling relationship. He could not understand why it was his fault when it was obvious that his girlfriend is already having troubles with him before and not only just one time big time call with him. He groans in frustration and soon falls into sleep.

~

It was obvious that the DJ was far from his usual self tonight and Hyejin noticed that. She knows that her friend is problematic about what happened earlier and so she was trying her best to cheer him up. She likes Kyungsoo very much like a brother that she wants to take care of although he is two years younger than him. Still, she can’t help it. Kyungsoo has a tendency to forget about himself because he loves his family so much. Everything that Kyungsoo is doing is for his younger sister and his mother. According to Kyungsoo, his father already left them years ago that he can’t remember his face anymore. And since he was the man in the family he tries to take his father’s responsibility in such a young age.

When Yongsun introduced Kyungsoo to Hyejin, she knows they started at the wrong foot. Hyejin was running late (she was still on a morning shift) and was still having a hangover from a party she attended the previous night so she might be a little too annoying when she met Kyungsoo. But as soon as they both start working together she found that Kyungsoo is too adorable to resist. He looks naive but at the same time he is tough.

“Kyungsoo, you want coffee?” the girl mumbles to Kyungsoo who looks a little too serious.

 He just read the listeners reply to his Question of The Day and fortunately he was still able to give comments about it. The question was ‘How will you move on from a relationship when you still see each other every day?’.  Kyungsoo told that it was basically just a matter of time; whether you see each other every day or twice a week or not. Time heals. We people have different ways to cope up with our loneliness. We could always do something that could make us busy or make us forget the painful things we remember. It’s up to us to figure what those things are and surely we could forget the pain. At least or a while. Or maybe until we get used to it.  Sometimes the mind forgets but the heart does not.

 “But if you want to make things easier for you, I’m sure you could always find new place. Find a new job. Find new people. Find new life. Who knows if looking for these new things in your life will help you be a better person, right? You might find strength in the midst of facing your weakness. It might be risky but we can never be sure what lies ahead. You know? It may not be what you want but it might be what you need.”

He plays Hate That I Love You before ending the segment.

“Thanks.” He murmurs.

“You don’t seem fine, Kyungsoo. I know you’re thinking about what happened earlier but can you at least be lively for your listeners? You’re too serious.” Hyejin commented honestly and Kyungsoo just smiled at him knowing his friend was right. He should not let his emotions affect his job. Not even a certain Kim Jongin.

“You free after this?” he asks before he takes a sip of his coffee

“Yea, why?”

“Wanna go with me at The Box?”

Hyejin smiles too brightly at him.

~

They arrived at The Box exactly ten minutes before one in the morning and luckily it wasn’t too crowded. The Box is an acoustic bar that Kyungsoo had known ever since and since he likes singing he usually goes here until he became a DJ. His days turn into nights and nights turn into days. After his work he goes straight home and spends it sleeping. He barely even had the time to meet his other friends. So when he saw Baekhyun at the centre stage, he waves and smiled wildly at boy showing his small teeth.

When the song ended, Baekhyun approached the two excitedly. Has it been a month since they saw each other? Hyejin knows Baekhyun too. Kyungsoo introduced them to each other the first time the two went at The Box together. Baekhyun was thankful to Hyejin because he knows the other takes care of his friend.

“Heeeeeeey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter