We're Different Stars

The Stars Don't Agree With Us

 

 

Myungsoo quietly fidgeted on his seat. He glanced at Sungyeol, but the latter only glared at him. He sighed.

Sungyeol nudged him to follow him outside. He nodded a little before quietly slipping out of the tensed atmosphered room.

When they reached the other room (Sungjong's?), Sungyeol began to question.

"What the heck happened to those two? No, more like, what did you do to those two until they ended up giving each other silent treatments that actually killed all of us?! They don't even greet each other in the morning, and oh, Woohyun actually lives with us again after staying with Sunggyu since we moved apartment. Do you see Woohyun's face yesterday morning and this morning, or actually this whole week's morning? Oh my God, it deppressed us all, Myung..." Words are flooding out of Sungyeol's mouth and Myungsoo wanted to interfered but he got no chance. "They fight all the time okay, we are so used to it, but never did they look this depressing, ignoring each other with those annoyed yet obviously sad faces. And, Sunggyu is... is he really... he's shaking, Kim Myungsoo. For God's sake, what did you tell Woohyun? You know he's a sensitive and Sunggyu is even more! Now we only need to wait until Infinite disbanded!"

He began to tear up at this point and Myungsoo thought he really need to shut him up so he did. By throwing a pillow right to his face.

Sungyeol gave him a scandalous face and began to open his mouth again but Myungsoo was faster this time. "No, Yeol, we aren't going to disband, okay? And it's not my fault!"

And so, Myungsoo began to tell the story.

×××

Well, it might be his fault, but at the same time, it's also not. He didn't know Woohyun would be this affected just by some words written on a horoscope website, okay?

So, it began on a nice Sunday morning. Recently, Myungsoo began to take interest in zodiacs and horoscopes and all those s. He happened to see a horoscope account on instagram, and suddenly he was done scrolling through the pictures and there he was, searching for zodiac and horoscope on the internet.

He was done reading all about his sign (and Sungyeol's but let's just not talk about it), so that morning, when Woohyun walked past him in the living room, he casually asked him. "Hyung, what's your zodiac?"

Woohyun was still on his journey to the kitchen. "What?" He shouted a little while grabbing a bottle of juice and started to walk back to the living room. "My zodiac? I'm aquarius, why?" He sipped his juice and sat next to Myungsoo.

"I just... kind of took an interest in this kind of thing recently, and I'm bored reading things about me, so let's see yours." He grinned while typing some thing on his laptop.

Woohyun raised an eyebrow, but nodded nevertheless. They spent almost an hour reading things about aquarius and arguing if they're true or not. After a while, Sungyeol and Sungjong joined them and Myungsoo started to ask about Sungyeol's and Sungjong's zodiac (by pretending he doesn't know already about Sungyeol, of course), which are actually the same, Virgo.

So, Woohyun queitly retreated to the leader's and the rappers' apartment. When he reached his shared room with Sunggyu, he started to search about Sunggyu's sign.

He started with Sunggyu's birthdate, and found out that he is Taurus. The first few minutes of it was fine, until he stumbled to a certain sentence.

“Taurus are likely not compatible with Aries, Capricorn, Leo, and Aquarius.”

Aquarius. That's his sign.

Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows and that's when he began searching about Aquarius and Taurus' so called incompatibility. He clicked the first website that was shown on the search page, and started reading.

“Although Aquarius and Taurus are not opposite in the zodiac, they are very oppositional as people, and this relationship is likely to be uncomfortable. Aquarius and Taurus compatibility is not very high when it comes to romance, because these two signs view life through such very different lenses. Aquarius, the mythological Visionary and eccentric cannot understand the desire of Taurus, the Lover, for a conventional, stable life. Meanwhile, the Lover cannot bear the Visionary’s aloof, unemotional stance.”

Woohyun was trying to convince himself that this was just bull. He scrolled down a few times.

“It’s as if this couple simply cannot find a way to communicate. Even when they are deeply and sincerely in love, they’re talking a different language. During arguments, Taurus will push the point further than Aquarius ever thought possible, and Aquarius will infuriate Taurus even further by backing away and refusing to engage.”

"What the hell?" He refused to scroll further, but another sentence caught his attention.

“Taurus simply cannot trust Aquarius.”

He closed his laptop, and went to bed straight ahead.

×××

He woke up around 1AM, Sunggyu was in the middle of promoting his solo and apparently just got home from his schedule.

"Gyu?" He mumbled while squinting his eyes.

Sunggyu finished wearing a clean pair of boxers and finally slipped under the cover. "Woohyun," He snuggled deeper to Woohyun's side. "Sleep."

"You must be tired." Woohyun smiled at him and patted his head a bit, lulling him to sleep.

Sunggyu went into slumber seconds later, and that night, Woohyun's thoughts about those horoscope things vanished.

×××

Little did he know, it was only for a short moment of time.

Sunggyu woke up first, the morning came faster than his liking, and so, he was grumpy.

And it was too hot. He glanced his covered body. Woohyun has thrown and piled the blanket on top of Sunggyu, and to finish it off, he also has laid half of his too-warm-for-his-liking-this-morning body on Sunggyu.

It was too hot, too heavy, his sleep was disturbed, he was sweaty, and Sunggyu felt like he was going to suffocate. He hated it. So, he kicked and rolled in some kind of way that resulted to Woohyun falling from the bed. With a loud thud.

"Oops." Was the first thing that escaped Sunggyu's mouth.

"What the hell, Gyu?" Woohyun groaned.

"I'm so sorry, Woohyun, I didn't mean to kick you off the bed."

"So, why did you?" Woohyun snapped. He was slightly annoyed. Of course, he was. Who on earth like to be woken up this way?

"Well, you threw the blanket on me and slept too close to me, and it's making me uncomfortable, so I rolled over." Sunggyu snapped back at him. He was now more annoyed than he already was earlier. Of course, he had the right to be annoyed. Who on earth like to wake up all sweaty and uncomfortable?

"I didn't know that, okay? I was asleep, I can't control my sleeping body." Woohyun tried to reason. He was thinking about giving in. Morning fights were always causing him headache.

"Well, so now that you know, you could at least apology."

"What the hell, Gyu? You were the one who kicked me off the bed!" Now, the thought about giving in has vanished into thin air.

"I did not mean to do that okay, I told you that earlier!"

"But you did kick me off the bed, so you're the one who should apologize!"

"You're the cause—!" Sunggyu was cut mid sentence by their manager who was shouting over him to get ready because he has his morning prerecording.

Biting his lips, he grabbed some clothes, and silently made his way out without saying another word.

Woohyun sat on the bed for a few minutes before heading to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

He was grabbing a carton of milk when he heard the front door closing. He let out a sigh while thinking about the stupid fight. He managed to sit in front of a bowl of cereal, until he remembered something.

"What the hell, Gyu?" Woohyun groaned.

"I'm so sorry, Woohyun, I didn't mean to kick you off the bed."

. Sunggyu has indeed apologized first.

×××

"How do you know so many details?" Sungyeol asked.

"Woohyun told me all of them." Myungsoo yawned an answer. Telling this story made him sleepy.

"Okay... proceed, please."

×××

Later that night, when Sunggyu came home, Woohyun waited for him in their shared bedroom. He apologized between kisses. He could feel Sunggyu's hand behind his neck, holding him close.

Once again, all doubts he had vanished.

×××

But, once again, it was only for a short time.

They fought again in the morning, not even having a chance to make up when they fought again, and again.

A week has passed. They were still fighting over anything small. Until one morning, they both snapped.

"What is your problem, Nam Woohyun?!" Sunggyu shouted for the first time since they fought last week (is it last week? Has it been that long?). "You have never been this... I don't even know what to call it, it's like you're annoyed at every single thing I did and said."

Woohyun bit his lips. He was quite shoked to hear Sunggyu shout. He heard him shout before, but not in this kind of situation, not because he was so fed up about Woohyun.

Another lip biting. Damn, it hurt.

"I was not, Sunggyu. But, I think you always did. From the first time we met, I'm just... this annoying kid who stole your place over being the main vocal, right?"

"What the—"

"I was just this kid who started the fight, who always missed his steps in the dance practices that annoyed you so much."

"Woohyun."

"Who ignored all your commands, who never listened, who annoyed you, and still do."

"Nam Woohyun."

"Am I not?"

Sunggyu grew silent. Not because he thought Woohyun was right, but because he was in a loss of words, like, why the hell Woohyun thought that way? It was far too ridiculous.

But, unfortunately, Woohyun didn't know that. He roughly translated the silent as a yes. So, to hide his hurt, he continued his speech. "Maybe it was right, after all. We're not compatible. I'm aquarius and you're taurus, anyways. I've known it all along. We're like different stars. We will never understand each other. You'll never trust me, you—"

"Wait a second, Nam Woohyun, what the hell are you talking about?!" If Sunggyu thought what Woohyun has said before was ridoculous, then this was getting out of hand, and Sunggyu needed to put a stop to this.

"See? You don't understand."

"It's because you're not making any sense!"

"You don't understand, Sunggyu. You don't." And so, he left.

×××

Sunggyu was left dumbfounded. He sat there on the edge of the bed, thinking about what Woohyun has just said.

Aquarius? Taurus?

Well he was taurus, and well, he actually had no idea Woohyun is aquarius.

But, what he didn't know what was so important about it? For Sunggyu, zodiac or horoscope or those kind of things were just... some kind of a myth? He didn't even know because he didn't think about it often.

Now, Woohyun has even considered their signs to determine their relationship. A sigh escaped his lips. He really had no idea what to do to end this fight with Woohyun. But then, he remembered ever seeing a certain someone scrolling through instagram reading about this whole kind of bull, when he peeked into that someone's phone. Now, he was sure that certain someone knew something about this. So, he stepped out of his bedroom and went straight to the other's apartment.

×××

Sungyeol was kinda distracted during the time Myungsoo told the story.

Well, if only he's not being so animated with his body gestures and did you hear that voice, and don't ever mention his lips that move along with my— wait, my? My what, me? I mean that move along his speech, yeah whatever, the point is he himself is distracting. Don't blame me.

"Yeol? Sungyeol?"

Oh, snap. "Uhh, yeah?" Sungyeol widened his eyes to Myungsoo.

"You're distracted." Sungyeol shaked his head.

"No, I'm not."

"Seriously, Yeol, are you even listening?"

"Of course, I am, Myungsoo. So, that was the moment Sunggyu went to you and hit the hell out of you for being the reason of their fights?"

Oh, he did listen. Or it was just that Sungyeol happen to have this weird super ability to daze and focus at the same time...? It doesn't make sense, but so does Lee Sungyeol, so...

"Err, yes, I mean, no! I told you, Yeol, I'm not the reason of their fights!" Sungyeol tried to hide his chuckle, Myungsoo is fun to tease.

"Okay, whatever you say. Please, continue."

Myungsoo pouted a little before continuing his story.

×××

Little did he know, Woohyun was actually at the other apartment.

So, the first thing he noticed was the back of Woohyun's head leaning to the sofa, and Myungsoo wide eyes towards him.

"H-hyung?"

He made an eye movement to signal Myungsoo to follow him to the nearest room, silently. So, they did, leaving Woohyun alone in the living room, pretending not to be affected by Sunggyu's presence.

Myungsoo obediently sat on his bed.

"Did you know why Woohyun acted this way?"

"I'm not sure, hyung." Myungsoo hesitantly answered.

×××

"Wait, why did you hesitant?" Sungyeol butted in.

"Umm, because I actually had an idea of why Woohyun acted that way."

"How did you?"

"Well, before Sunggyu arrived, as you've known, Woohyun came to me first." Myungsoo explained. "He told me about the fight, about how he realised how many differences he and Sunggyu have. Then, he started talking about those horoscope things. How aquarius and taurus aren't a match, and how they don't understand each other, and all those things. And it downs to me, that Woohyun started to doubt their relationship."

"Because of those things?"

"Yeah, apparently so."

"Okay, so what happen next?"

×××

"What did you know?" Sunggyu sharply question.

"About those... horoscope thingy?"

"What about them?"

"Uhh... well, I... okay, I might be the one who sparked Woohyun's interest in that thing, but I didn't show him anything about... you know..." Myungsoo glanced to the side, he was expecting this. Since he first noticed them fighting, he knew it would partly be his responsible.

What he didn't expect is, it would be his first time to witness Sunggyu crying.

"What... what should I do, Myungsoo-ya?"

. Myungsoo gulped and began to panic. "Hyung, hyung, hyung, no, no, no, please, please, don't cry on me, hyung, I'm so sorry, please, don't cry, I..." He can't do this, he didn't know what to do to crying people. He always thought being hug made you cry even more, or actually nothing will subside your sobs other than words that sound reassuring. But, right now, he really had no idea of what to say, so rather than not doing anything, he hugged his leader instead.

And, just like they were in some kind of a sitcom, someone else witnessed the scene. And among all the people in this world, why must it be you.

×××

"What, me?"

"Yes, you."

"Oh," Sungyeol blinked a few times. "Oh, that. That was it."

"Yes, that was it, Sungyeol."

"..."

"Sunggyu hyung and I have nothing more than brotherly love."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I think you need to know about this."

Sungyeol gulped audibly. "Okay, please... continue."

Myungsoo took a few moment, but continue nevertheless.

×××

Upon seeing Sungyeol's wide eyes on him, Myungsoo had to let go of Sunggyu, and with heavy heart signaled him not to come in.

Sungyeol retreated, but someone else opened the door.

"Are you crying?"

Myungsoo snapped his head up to see Woohyun standing at the door way. "I don't think this is the right time for you to come in." He used his coldest voice, because to be honest, he was kinda angry at Woohyun for acting so reckless.

He ignored Myungsoo. "Sunggyu, I..." He was at a loss of words. He can't believe he made Sunggyu cry. Up to this point, he never felt like the biggest in this whole universe. He believed that, whoever made Sunggyu cry, deserved to be in the deepest pit of hell. He released a staggred breath. Growing limp and extremely cold suddenly, he sat on the floor.

Sungyeol peeked into the room and caught Myungsoo's desperate eyes. He has no heart to leave him in a room with a couple fighting this silent fight. So, he entered the room and sat next to Myungsoo.

Sunggyu has curled himself to a shaking ball, hugging his knees closely to his chest. He was obviously shaking, but no sound escaped his lips.

The silence is literally killing.

×××

"And that's when you pulled me outside."

Sungyeol was silent for a good one minute. "So, what do we do now?"

"I don't think we have to do something. We've done our share. It's time for them to figure it out themselves."

"You're right... and I think we also have this tiny little something else that we need to figure out ourselves."

Myungsoo's eyes widened as Sungyeol scooted closer to him.

×××

"Hyung..." Woohyun starts to regain his composure, and his brain in this case, because he realizes how stupid he was acting before.

"I can't change anything. I can't change the fact that I was born that day and was fated to act like a taurus as they all say, when indeed, I don't even know much about... those things, I just—I'm being myself. I always am. You know me. I thought you do."

"Hyung... I—"

"If I could, I would, Woohyun. But, I'm no God, I'm just... me. I can't change myself entirely, but I will if that's what you want. Because I realise I'm slowly losing you and it's killing me, Woohyun."

"Kim Sunggyu, look at me."

Sunggyu raises his head slowly. Afraid of what expression Woohyun's face will hold. When he does look at Woohyun in the eye, he's not certain what kind of expression is that, but it sure makes a drop of tear rolls down his cheek. Only a second later he realises why, Woohyun is also crying.

"Hyung, this is stupid, I was stupid, I'm so stupid. I'm sorry." Sunggyu bites his lips, preventing any sound to come out. "I don't want you to change, you're perfect. I'm not."

"Nam Woohyun—"

"But, I don't care." Sunggyu eyes widened. "You're mine, and I don't care if you'll eventually hate me, but I'll still choose you."

Sunggyu thinks Woohyun is indeed stupid, so he shuts him up. He grabs the other's collar and crashes their lips together. Their teeth clashed and so did their nose and it hurts, but does it ever matter?

"Believe me when I told you this," Sunggyu gasps between their kiss. "When I told you—" A kiss. "That for me you're perfect—" Another kiss. "That I don't—" Another. "Want you—" And another. "To ever change."

Sunggyu moves his lips to Woohyun's neck. He a few times. "You're mine." A bit, and a moan from below him. "And I have never, can never, and will never hate you, Nam Woohyun."

Apparently it's Woohyun's turn to bite his lips. He can't register as why he's now laying on the bed with Sunggyu on top of him, when just seconds ago, it's the opposite. He can only focus to the words whispered to him and the pleasure that Sunggyu's lips bring him, and oh, where the is his shirt?!

"Hyung—! Ah, we can't, hah, it's not our room, stop!"

And that seems to bring Sunggyu back to reality. He glances up to Woohyun, whose shirt has gotten somewhere on the floor, with quite a few marks on his neck and chest. He brings his eyes down. Oh, God.

"I... I'm sorry, Woohyun, let me, uh..." He grabs a shirt on the floor, checking if it was indeed Woohyun's shirt, and throws it to him.

Woohyun puts on his shirt silently. He glances at Sunggyu hesitantly. "I'm sorry." He finally said. He knows Sunggyu's eyes are on him and he has no guts to raise his head. And so, he doesn't expect the words coming out of Sunggyu's mouth.

"I love you."

Woohyun was dumbfounded. He knows he needs to say something but his mind is blank. He can feel his heart pounding inside his chest and the feeling is overwhelming.

For more than six years of knowing each other. It's the first time the three certain words are use, for serious matter. It catches him off guard. He is not certain about what to do, what to say, how to react.

Sunggyu is still waiting. He appears relax, but Woohyun knows him better. The words don't just seem like a slip of tongue. It comes prepare. Woohyun does not.

How many minutes has passed? He can't make it. Sunggyu is still waiting.

Slowly, his lips stretches, forming a smile. "I love you, Kim Sunggyu. I always have loved you. I love you so much it sometimes hurts." Once the words stumbled out of his mouth, the rest seems easy. "I love you." He breaks into a big grin.

Sunggyu bit back a smile. "Idiot."

"Aren't you gonna say it back?"

"I've said it first."

"It doesn't hurt to say it again!"

"No."

"Kim Sunggyu, say it now or you want me to make you say it later?"

"What are you implying, Nam Woohyun? And don't use my full name, you brat!"

"You know what it is, hyung."

Sunggyu glares at him. "But seriously, though. Don't doubt us again, just because of some words written on a stupid website, okay? I didn't think you're the one at fault, Woohyun, I blame the website. Just... tell me, if something bothers you. Don't bottle it up, don't think of something like I don't love you, because I always do, Woohyun."

Woohyun casts a sad smile. "First, I know but I sometimes forget, hyung, so you need to remind me once in a while. Second, you're so good at changing the subject. And third, you almost said it."

"Fine," Sunggyu groans. "I'll say it one last time so you better prepare yourself."

"I'm all ears."

Sunggyu scoots closer to Woohyun, his lips are merely separate by an inch with Woohyun's, and he can feel the other's staggred breath. He his lips, and whisper the three words. "I hate you."

"Hyung...!"

×××

"It seems like they did figure it out themselves."

"Yeah, and still you got no clue about us."

"What about us, Yeol?"

"Don't be stubborn and say it first, Myung."

Myungsoo feels his eyebrow twitches. "Of all these years I call you Yeol, this is the first time you call me Myung."

"So?"

"So..."

"You say it." Myungsoo groans. He remembers those sentence about how virgo and pisces will be a complex and in some ways cruel match. How there will be a lot of gradually increasing frustration. It disturbed him, but after witnessing Sunggyu and Woohyun's fight, his case seems mild. He started to believe that nothing's better than this man in front of him, and his doubts are invalid. So, he takes a deep breath, because finally he'll get to say the words. "Fine. Prepare yourself!"

×××

"So, you guys are good?" Sungyeol asks while beaming to both Sunggyu and Woohyun.

"Yes, we are." Woohyun answered simply.

Sunggyu swallowed down his morning supply of strawberries, and stares at Sungyeol somewhat knowingly. "So are you, right, Sungyeol... and Myungsoo?"

Myungsoo chokes on his cereal. "I... we..."

"Fine, we're together, how did you guys find out?" Sungyeol surrenders.

"We're still in your dorm when you two ed, you ! And in Sung—aw! , it hurts, Lee Sungyeol, you bastard!" Sunggyu curses out loud with Woohyun patting his shoulder.

"Not so loud, leadernim." Sungyeol says with a forced smile.

"You guys obviously owe me, you hear me?!"

"Yes, hyung, we do, just... don't tell ‘him’ that we did the thing in his bedroom, okay?" Myungsoo pleads.

"I actually still have some grudges over you, Myungsoo. But, I'll let you go this time because I have something more important coming up." He says and leave, heading to a room next to their waiting room.

"I almost didn't notice you gone, Hyun." He closes the door behind him.

"Did I just hear the door locking?"

"No, you didn't." Sunggyu says with a smirk. "So, why did you leave just now?"

Woohyun leans into Sunggyu. "You still haven't said the words."

"What words?"

"The certain three words, Kim Sunggyu, don't act fool."

Sunggyu giggles. Woohyun's sanity is slowly dissisipating into thin air.

"You make me."

"What?"

"Make me say it, just like how you threatened me yesterday."

"You'll regret it, Gyu."

"Let's see, Hyun."

×××

 

~The End~