Start of Something Good

Thanks For The Memories

 

"Come on, hurry up!" Taeyeon shouted excitedly, pulling me by my arm towards the entrance of the amusement park.

Kim Taeyeon - the girl that I have had a crush on since we were kids. Everything about this girl was beautiful: her gaze, her smile, her laugh, her personality, her talent, how she cares for other people ... this girl has it all. These are some of the many reasons on why I fell for her.

And after 2 years of studying abroad in America to become a doctor, she has finally returned to me once again.

Even though she was grateful for being able to follow her passion, there are times when she would feel a little stressed out. And whenever she is stressed, I decide to take her someplace special so she can forget about the struggles of University work and just ... let go.

And this time, I felt that an amusement park would be the perfect remedy for her stress.

I watched in amusement as she skipped towards the front entrance, happily humming he melody of one of her favorite songs while simultaneously pulling me along with her.

Alternative Rock music can be heard in the distance as we walk through the entrance of the park. There were people running around the park having a good time. Some were couples out on a date, and others were family members wanting to have some fun. Amusement park games are lined up down the roads with an extensive amount of prizes to be given out. Farther down were where the actual rides and rollercoasters resided, some of which seemed to be able to touch the surface of the clear blue sky.

Taeyeon took me around to play park games, like shooting basketballs into a hoop to earn enough points in order to get a stuffed animal or prize of your choice. After many tries of shooting darts into enough balloons (along with the cheers of encouragement of Taeyeon), I was able to earn enough points to get a prize.

She did not even hesitate to pick the one that she wanted.

"I want .... that one!" she stated, pointing to the oversized Minion plushie sitting on the top rack. The vendor grabbed it and handed to her, which she immediately proceeded to hug the life out of it.

"That plushie is as big as you," I said with a smirk, earning a light punch in the arm from Taeyeon.

And the day continued to progress like this. She begged me to play games and win her prizes, which was almost a success for her. I even bought souveneirs for her that she can take back with her after today. We also shared a delicious swirl of pink and blue cotton candy together.

But the fun didn't stop there, as I spotted a colossal roller coaster.

This roller coaster was made of an extremely stable variant of wood, and looked like it could reach the heavens, making all other amusement park attractions look small. It had steep drops, with twists and turns that would make your stomach do backflips.

I grabbed Taeyeon's hand and started leading her towards this behemoth of a roller coaster.

"W-we're going to be geting on t-t-that?" She asked in disbelief as we began to stand in the line, looking a bit nervous.

"Yeah," I replied with a smile, giving her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Don't worry. It will be fun."

Taeyeon shrieked as the people in the roller coaster zoom by at high speeds, causing it to make a loud noise and making the ground rumble beneath our feet from the shock.

Oh yes, this will be fun.

-------

As we finally get into our roller coaster car and get strapped in, Taeyeon instinctively wrapped her arm around mine tightly, looking around nervously. My heart started to beat quickly as I felt my arm locked wiith hers, turning my head to hide my blushing face.

But in order to recover from those emotions, I smirked at her.

"Are you scared, Noona?" I asked her, my eyebrows raised in curiousity and amusement.

"N-no ..." Taeyeon replied, only to shriek again once the gears began to click, causing the roller coaster to start moving. Her grip on my arm tightened as we started to pick up speed, the roller coaster slowly ascending towards its peak.

"Are you ready?" I asked her, giving her a reassuring smile in order to calm her down. She just nodded.

We both turned to look towards the front as we finally made our way to the top, getting a high up viiew of the amusement park below us. You can see the entire park for miles, as well as being able to see the city directly behind it. We both stared in awe as we took in the beautiful scenery-

DROP.

We both screamed at the top of our lungs. Our stomachs felt like they traveled up to our throats as the roller coaster descended at rapidly increasing speeds, reaching speeds of over 60 mph. Our screams turned into laughter and excitement as we made our way through the extensive twists, turns, and loops of the roller coaster.

As we made our way towards the zone that takes our pictures as we ride the roller coaster (to possibly get funny faces of passengers), I made a pose where I was yawning, looking seemingly un-amuzed. Taeyeon got the idea as well, slumping over and acting as if she was asleep. The camera shutter snapped, and we burst out into laughter at the thought of the poses we made.

After a few more minutes of stomach-turning twists and turns, the roller coaster finally came to a complete stop. Taeyeon's hair was a mess, sticking up in odd places and covering her face. But she let out a loud laugh (one that her other friends refer to as an "Ahjumma laugh") and then cheered.

"That was so much fun!" she shouted, clapping excitedly as we undid our harnesses.

"See, I told you it wouldn't be so bad," I replied with a chuckle, amused by my crush's sudden change of heart. "Do you want to go again?"

"No," Taeyeon said sheepishly, before quickly getting out of the roller coaster car and walking towards the exit. I smiled at her, amused by the way she acted at that question.

It was super cute.

"Noona!" I called out with another chuckle, jumping up and trailing after her, "wait for me!"

-------

We continued to enjoy the amusement park rides and also played more games and won more prizes. But unfortunately, as fast as the day came, so did the night. The plus side is that the park was beautifully brought to life by multicolored lights and neon signs, making it all shine brightly under the night sky.

As we walked down a road that contained trees on both sides, decorated with multicolored lights as well, I looked over to Taeyeon. She was quieter, and she looked as though she was exhausted after the long day of fun and games we just had.

Aigoo, I chuckled to myself as I turned to her. "Are you tired?"

She nodded her head before yawning loudly, raising her arms above her head to stretch them out.

I then got down onto one knee with my back towards her.

"Here," I said, "I will give you a lift all the way back to the car."

A smile began to form upon her lips as she climbed up onto my back, wrapping her arms around my neck. I slowly stood up as I grabbed hold of her thighs, giving her a piggyback ride. Her long brown hair cascaded down as she rested her head on my right shoulder, eyes closed as I continued walking.

We walked in silence for a few minutes, enjoying each other's presence.  Within this sea of people, it felt as though we were the only two there in this large amusement park. After awhile, Taeyeon was the first to break the silence.

"Thank you."

I began to smile a bit before replying to her. "For what?"

She nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck and shoulder a bit more before sighing tiredly. "For ... all of this. You really did give me a day that I will never forget. It really did help me relax and take my mind off of my studies. It also made me realize that ... I missed you. A lot."

My smile widened before I stopped to hoist her up some more.

"I missed you too."

-------

I opened the door of my car with one of my hands as I slowly placed Taeyeon into the passenger seat. I grabbed her seatbelt for her and buckled her up. Her head then slumped over to the right, indicating that she was fast asleep. I got into my car and drove out of the amusement park parking lot.

It had to be at least 1 in the morning as I cruised down the freeway into the city, taking Taeyeon back to her hotel. As soft music played throughout the interior of the car, I looked over to the passenger side and saw that she was still slumped over in a deep sleep. She looked so beautiful, with her hair perfectly framing her face and her lips parted slightly, light snores eminating from between them.

Thank you so much for coming back to me, I thought, glad that I was able to spend a day with the girl I liked.

I let out a small chuckle before returning my attention to the road and cruising into the night.

-------

After I pulled up to the front of Taeyeon's hotel, I opened the passenger side door, tapping her lightly on the shoulder to wake her up. She stirred lightly before slowly opening her eyes, realizing that we have arrived at her hotel. She let out a barely audible sigh, disappointed that the day went by so quickly.

I held out a hand to help her out of the car before shutting the door behind her, walking her up the stairs and to her hotel room door.

I smiled at her before speaking. "I had a wonderful time tonight."

Taeyeon's gaze locked straight onto mine, her unique eyes staring deep into my soul. "I had a good time, too."

"I am glad that I got to see you again after all these years," I said, stuffing my hands into my pockets. I turned my head to hide the blush forming on my cheeks before I spoke again.

"Taeyeon, I-"

Taeyeon gently grabbed me by my shirt around my abdomen, slowly pulling me towards her. She closed her eyes, standing up onto her toes before locking her lips with mine.

Her raspberry-flavored lips moved gently onto mine, sending my mind into overdrive. My heart was beating at a thousand miles an hour.

I finally kissed my crush.

She pulled away slowly, her eyes meeting mine in a deep stare. She looked at my dazed face, letting out a small chuckle. She then waved and began to open her door. But before she entered her hotel room, she turned back to me and smiled.

"I like you, too."

The door silently shut in front of me, leaving me standing there in front of it, speechless. I was still trying to process everything that happened at this moment.

This exact moment.

One that I will not forget.

One that will always be in my memory.

I then grinned, scratching the back of my head as I returned back to my car.

It was one hell of a day.

-------

A/N: Okay! I really do hope you guys enjoyed my very first ever asianfanfic. Please let me know if you liked it by leaving a comment below.

This was originally from a challenge I did earlier today. Since I liked how it came out, after editing it and re-writing the whole thing, this was the finished product!

Thank you for the support! If you enjoyed, then there will definitely be more to come! :P

~Legacy