Nervousness Explosion

Stories, Scribbles and Shots.

Life is not always about good choices. Bad choices matter too. It gives you experience. It gives you a know-how in the next step of life.

 

I hope I can apply that properly to my head right now.

Sometimes, I wonder out loud, "Why did I agreed to be a candidate of this show again? " To even agree recklessly when I got chosen.

 

"Do you ever, not say what is in your mind?" The f(x) leader eyed me.

Oblivious, the petite girl has a confused yet shocked look on her face, "No- What are you talking about- I nev-"

 

"Twice. You did it two times already unnie."

The maroon-head's face reddened as she acknowledges her previous action. Right. I actually did.

 

"Just open the letter already!" 

"Yeaaaah, it's been like, what? An hour?"

"Yah! But I'm nervous! Give me a break! And it's just five minutes, goodness Amber."

 

Despite the previous experience of the situation, the four girls still feel somewhat agitated at the content of the letter. They are sitting in one of MBC's waiting room with a hassle of cameramen, PDs and writers surrounding them. 

 

The anxiety felt by the four girls are actually something the main character thought they are feeling. But she knew a mass of curiosity is beneath all of the nervousness. That's only for them, at least. The main character is still as nervous as ever, continuously thinking that this is a really bad idea.

 

"Let's just leave guys. Let her read and freak out by herself," Victoria cheerfully gets up from her seat.

"Aaahh~h unnie! You guys are so mean," I grasp her arm in reflex.

"Then open it," Krystal gives out a cute frown. I squealed internally. These days this girl's eyes are different. They make me feel things. Her eyes convey emotions more than they do before.

 

"Uuuuu~~nnie!" She laid her head on Amber's left shoulder and gave me an icy look, "Are you trying to ignore me?"

"What?" I just spaced out didn't I, "Ugh why so pushy Soojung-ah?"

The short-haired girl chuckled. "They're just going to give you a hint. What else is bothering you?"

 

I thought about it. Nothing.

But I can't say that. I just, feel nervous for no reason? Uhm.

The three girls stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"But– but–– Ahh~h! Can't someone just replace me?" I make sure to put out my aegyo.

"You're making no sense, seriously." Victoria placed elbow on top of her knees with a straight face.

 

Amber and Krystal suddenly laughed after the latter whispered something.

"What? What is it? I eyed the only black-haired f(x) member who also has a questioning expression on her face as the American duo didn't answer yet.

Krystal hesitated before she said with a that-was-funny-face, "I just overheard the PD-nim saying that they might cut like, almost everything except when we received the mailbox and you opening it later." She continued laughing.

I. I know I'm not stupid, but– uhm. I don't. I don't understand what is funny?

 

I replied her with a laughing yet confused face. Just an expression. Yeap.

I then realised that Amber laughed because she is just following what Krystal was doing as she didn't understand the joke as well.

At that moment, I just payed attention to the eldest unnie who already stole the message card and opened it.

She read it out loud, "The hint of your husband.."

 

"NOOOOOOOOO! STOOOOOPPPPPP!!" I threw myself at her, not mentally prepared.

I applaud for her reaction skills, showing my sarcastic amused expression to the camera.

Victoria is already standing behind the sofa with the other two on her sides, reading it to themselves.

 

The girl sitting on the sofa examined the standing ones.

Displeased. Complaining. That is what she gets from reading their faces.

"What is this?" "Ahh! Seriously?!" "How do we know?"

Oh. It's not obvious? Really?

"What kind of–" The youngest laughed, "Is this really the only clue?"

"Aish you're too cruel PD-nim!"

"What is it?" I meekly asked as my curiosity rise.

 

"M-a-s-k. Mask."

 

"That's all?"

"Apparently."

I sighed with mixed feelings. Relief and disappointment.

'"Wow. I"ve got no clue on who that would be."

 

"Didn't you participate in one of the singing show a few months ago, Lun?" Amber finally said something after reading the clue.

"Which one? Immortal Singer..? Ah! Masked Singer?"

"A-ha! BINGO! That must be it! Mask a.k.a Masked Singer!"

"So he appeared on that show?"

"Maybe?"

"There's like, a ton of them though."

"You can try searching it up."

"Ugh, no thanks. I'm not that curious." I immediately responded.

"Are there that much participants?"

"Yeah. Like a lot."

 

"Who do you want it to be?"

"Hm?" I got a bit flustered at the question even though I knew it will come sooner or later.

"Uh.. I actually want him to be someone I know...?"

"Isn't that–"

"Nevermind! That's going to be kind of awkward wouldn't it? Errmmm."

What should I say? I need to really be careful with my words. Come on brain, work. Think.

 

"What about the guys in Masked Singer?"

"But I don't remember anyone?"

"Just name anyone you remember, unnie."

"Uhh– who was there again? Eh. The judges count, right?"

"Oh right! The judges might be possible too."

"I think I know the guys from our company.. Let's see.. Kyuhyun oppa.. And then.. Uh– Junmyeon oppa! That's right! Ah and Jongdae oppa!"

"Hm I don't think they would use 'Mask' if it actually is someone from our company."

"Right. Then... Dongwoon-ssi. Him? Maybe..?" I mentally laughed at my own answer.

"Ahh. Not bad, not bad."

"What do you mean, Amber?"

"Not bad what–?"

 

The other three girls shared a laughter at the tomboy's comment.

"I– I mean– He's not bad looking, right? He's handsome!" The stuttering girl faces the camera and put two thumbs up, "Dongwoon-ssi, you are handome."

What is wrong with this unnie, ahh. She can be so funny sometimes.

 

The PD wrapped up the recording soon after that and talked with the manager.

Amber quietly approached the 'new bride'.

"Sunyoung. You know that I MCed A Song For You right?"

I replied her with a yes.

"Do you know the last season's MCs?"

I recalled the last season's and immediately reply, "Kangin oppa?"

"Yes yes.. And...?"

"Uh.. Sungjae? Ah no! B1A4.. Uhm.."

The older girl stayed silent, ushering her to finish the riddle.

"I forgot." I'm starting to question Amber's intention of talking about this.

 

"It's Gongchan! B1A4's Gongchan!"

Irks. Okay I really don't remember who.

"Uhm.. Is it bad if I don't remember who that is?"

"Oh geez. Anyways. I'm kind of close to him right. And so we still keep contact up 'till now."

What. Is. She. Trying. To. Say. ?

"So I know after I interrogated Ball-chan."

Who?

"Know what? Who's Ball-chan?"

I have a weird and somewhat bad feeling about this..?

Amber carefully qhispered to my ear as if it is a top secret.

 

"It's B1A4 Sandeul."

 

I withdrew my head and look at her.

"What?"

 

She rolled her eyes.

"Your WGM husband, my dear dear Sunyoung-ie."

 

Huh?

WHAT?!

 

I squeaked in a high-tone as the girl in front of me tried to cover up my mouth.

 

Oh man.