Third Wheeling

Daemonion

Hey guys! A new chapter incoming! I feel like this is shorter than the ones I've uploaded recently. TuT Anyway, thank you guys for reading! Any feedback is welcomed!


 

So? What do you want from Jongin?” Luhan questioned, “It's never good news when Tao shows his face.”

Thanks, I feel the love.” Zitao replied, the sarcasm evident in his voice. “You've been preventing him from meeting his trigger, are you really that surprised that I've turned up?” Shock and guilt washed over the blonde's face, he opened his mouth and then closed it.

Why?” Minseok asked, his mouth pursed slightly. “Do you love him?”

What? No, of course not!” Luhan yelled, his face confused and angry, “Why would you think that?”
“Why else would you stop him from meeting his trigger?” Minseok argued back, his voice rising. “Everyone here knows that's the only reason an angel would do that!”

It's not that! I love you, Minseok, you know that!”

Who would've thought the perfect couple would end up having fidelity problems.” Zitao teased,

Oh cause your so-called-relationship with Yifan is so functional.” Luhan snapped, “I'm not in love with him, I'm not cheating. He just looks like someone I knew when I was alive.”
“I can't even remember what Chanyeol looks like sometimes and you can remember someone from two thousand years ago.” Baekhyun stated in disbelief, “No offence.” Baekhyun said to a very offended Chanyeol.

You forget what I look like?”
“In a weird kind of way, I can still describe you I guess?”

He was my brother.” Luhan explained, “He was beaten to death over a false accusation. I don't want Jongin to die early like my brother.”

Luhan, you're a senior angel. You should know that meeting the trigger at a young age doesn't guarantee an early death.” Minseok reminded, worry etched into his face.

I know... It's just this stupid irrational thought that I can't ignore.” Luhan admitted, his tone defeated. “I know he needs to meet his trigger, I just don't want his death to be set in motion yet.”

He has to. It's not like there's nothing waiting beyond death. We all know that.” Minseok reasoned, “He might even get to be like us.”

He's a pretty balanced person, he'd probably get to choose if he does end up like us.” Zitao chimes in, causing everyone to turn and face him.

You can judge people? You? Of all people Yifan thought you would be a good judge of character?” Chanyeol was beyond disbelief, he looked at Zitao, his face warped with shock and confusion.

I'd be better than you, that's for sure.” Zitao spat, causing an uproar of complaints from Chanyeol, fuelling a full-blown argument.

Chanyeol.” Minseok called in an attempt to calm the situation, his irritation building. “Chanyeol!” the yelling ceased. “Shut up for a minute. Both of you.” Minseok turned back to Luhan, “I have to call whoever is on-call to come get you.” Luhan nodded, his face sullen. “I'll go with you, okay?” Luhan looked up, a thankful smile on his face.

 


 

Eventually, Yifan turned up, causing not only Minseok and Luhan to go back with him, but also Zitao. Which left Sehun third-wheeling Chanyeol and Baekhyun,

Ooh! Red Velvet is headlining today! Chanyeol, lets go!” Baekhyun whined, tugging the taller man's arm, “I wanna see Yeri! I wonder if they'll perform ice cream cake.” Chanyeol looked over at Sehun,

You wanna come along?” Sehun nodded in reply, he didn't care much for red velvet, but it beat sitting alone like he would've when he was human.

The three boys fought their way into the front section, weaving their way through the hundreds of tipsy strangers. The crowd shifted constantly, one side pushing, causing the other to push back, and the inevitable separation of Sehun and the couple. Sehun used his elbows and significantly weak arms to give himself some space to breathe, he never realised how popular girl groups were, he looked around to see he was one of the very few men amongst hundreds of girls. He grimaced, recognising the angry looks some of the girls were shooting at him. He decided against staying to watch the group, attempting to leave the crowd once again, to many people's protests, his hands in the air to make himself somewhat more innocent (not that it really made a difference). Eventually, Sehun stumbled his way out of the crowd, finally able to breathe fresh air after maybe forty-five minutes of stale, second-hand, alcohol stained air.

Sehun?” he heard a familiar voice call, he looked up to see Jongin, looking on, an amused smile on his face, a solo cup in either hand. “Having fun fighting the fan-girls?”

It's so much fun.” Sehun sarcastically drawled, “Especially the whole 'you're a ert' look that you get for just being in the crowd.” Jongin laughed,

Can't say you don't look suspicious.”

The trust everyone has in me is unbelievable.” Sehun scoffed, a small smile breaking out on his face.

So what are you doing alone?” Jongin laughed, “There were five of you and now there's only one.”

Minseok and Zitao had an emergency. Then I lost Chanyeol and Baekhyun in the crowd.” Sehun looked back at the growing crowd in disdain.

Ah... You lost them.” Jongin chuckled. “Cause I'm sure you were looking forward to that third-wheel situation so much.”

As much as it was a fortunate mishap, I didn't actually intend to lose them and look like a creep.” Sehun explained, “I feel this was a better option, cause I met up with you.”
“It'll be better for me too, cause I was on my way to a third-wheel situation myself.”

Ah, so Junmyeon and Jongdae are dating?”

Unfortunately.” Jongin replied, pulling a mock traumatised face.

That bad?”

Whatever you're imagining – it's worse.”

 


 

Jongin wasn't kidding.

Sehun looked on awkwardly as the two elder boys cooed at each other drunkenly; groping each other in any way they could figure out.

How much have they had to drink?”

More than I thought apparently.” Jongin muttered back, assessing the situation.

Jonggie!” Jongdae wailed, a mixture of happiness and pure drunken confusion. “You brought my drinks!” he reached out for the drink, missing by a ridiculous distance.

I'm cutting you off.” Jongin announced, “Do you want one of these? I don't really like Jack Daniels.” Sehun accepted the solo cup, taking a sip while continuing to be amused by the two older boys that were still drunkenly collapsed on the floor, lying on one another; Sehun wondered if it was even safe for them to be rolling around like that.

Do you need help getting them back to your camp?” Sehun offered, causing Jongin to give him a relieved look:

Yes, please.” Jongin looked back to the couple, “I don't even know why they sent me to get drinks, it's not like they were in short supply of them.” Sehun shrugged,

Ah, it's that one you were calling cute from before!” Junmyeon commented, “Shenun? No...” he continued to murmur to himself. Sehun's heart stuttered slightly, he looked at Jongin, who smiled sheepishly.

At least they're having fun. They kinda remind me of my brothers.” Sehun felt a pang in his heart when he was reminded of his brothers, he wondered if they were well – or did they die like him?

They sound like a handful.” Jongin commented as he tried to stand Junmyeon,

They were,” Sehun began, helping Jongdae to his feet, “But they were the only reason I went out.”

Were?” Jongin repeated, causing Sehun's nostalgic smile to falter, “Holy . I-I'm so sorry.

Don't worry about it.” He assured, 'I'm the one that's dead.'

 


 

After struggling for a small while (and a small stomach mishap), the four boys were back at the camp. Sehun and Jongin helped the two into their tent, because despite the couple being a slight bit more sober, they were still pretty gone.

Night Jonggie!” Jongdae yelled from inside the tent, “Night Senun!”

Almost there.” Sehun chuckled, “Good night.”

G'night hyung.” Jongin laughed, walking away from the tent with Sehun. “That took us so long that everyone's on their way back to their camps now.” Sehun looked around to see masses of people on their way back to their individual tents, then it dawned on Sehun:

He had no idea how to get back to his camp.