nine

Dwelled On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

Kim Siblings

"Tae Hyung!  Let's go,  it's time for our Ice Cream date." Hye Jung said in a sing-song way as she skipped down the stairs.  Her brother grumbled as he got up from the couch,  dressed in his sweatpants and long-sleeved shirt.  He had his toothbrush in his mouth and toothpaste was everywhere.  

Hye Jung sighed at the boy's appearance.  "Could you hurry up?  I'm gonna count to ten, if you're not ready by then, you can say bye bye," Hye Jung made a waving gesture.  "to your basketball." Tae Hyung sprinted off like a cheetah to his room,  slamming his door to change then coming out with a different shirt.  He stumbled and came to a stop beside Hye Jung.  "Reporting, ma'am!" He did a salute as Hye Jung chuckled. "You do know that I hadn't even started counting. " Tae Hyung shrugged, pulling his sister out of the house. 

 

"Strawberry, is the best." Hye Jung moaned in delight as she scooped up a large bite of the pink-coloured ice cream. Tae Hyung shook his head. "No, it's mint choco chip." Hye Jung tsked and nudged him hardly, causing Tae Hyung to fumble and flail in his seat. 

"Woah, woah, Hye Jung, control your man strength." A boy walked up to them with his hands in his sweatpants' pockets, sniggering at his comment. Hye Jung faced the boy, giving him a 'shut up' look. Baek Hyun chuckled as he fist-bumped Tae Hyung. Tae Hyung's eyes suddenly lit up as the clinkling of the door sounded. He stood up. "See you, lovebirds. My heart calls." Tae Hyung said, before walking towards a slim girl with long, black hair. 

Hye Jung rolled her eyes. "More like his is calling." Baek Hyun snorted at the girl's words. He took a seat beside her, causing the girl to back away with a frown on her face. "What?" Baek Hyun asked while leaning comfortably on the chair's backrest. Hye Jung waved it off, she finished her cup of ice cream before standing up to leave. She was jerked back down by a hand on her elbow, making her wince when her landed on the chair once again. She glared at Baek Hyun who had an amused smile on his face. He stood up and grabbed Hye Jung's hand before pulling her out of the shop. Hye Jung, shocked, followed him as he brought her to a toy figurine shop. Hye Jung took a look at the store's name. Andy's Figurines. 

Hye Jung was pulled into the shop by the excited boy. "Hey, look at this! It's Captain America!" Baek Hyun picked up the fragile toy delicately as he gushed over it. Hye Jung was still wondering around the shop, feeling quite weird and unfamiliar with the environment she is in. Baek Hyun guided her through the throngs of people, the shop wasn't small either, it had two storeys.

"Want one?" Baek Hyun asked as he set a figurine of Rilakkuma down. Hye Jung shook her head, she doesn't really like toys, now at this age, and she won't spend money on something she might find boring one day. Baek Hyun nodded in understanding as he took one last look at the figurine of Captain America. Hye Jung stared at the boy, he looked like he was saying goodbye to a loved one. Hye Jung chuckled as the two exited the shop. They then went to the park.

 

"Need help, Shorty?" Baek Hyun teased as he saw Hye Jung pushing herself off with a little difficulty on the swing. Hye Jung huffed and straightened her hoodie. Baek Hyun walked towards her as he swung her gently. Hye Jung closed her eyes. There was something she wanted to tell him, but she wondered if it would be appropriate right now. 

Baek Hyun suddenly gave a strong push to the girl's back as she shrieked out loud, clenching on the metal handles as she flew up, almost being parallel to the ground. "Yah! Byun Baek Hyun!" Hye Jung stopped herself with her legs as she got up and kicked Baek Hyun in the shin. The boy winced in pain as he hopped on one foot. "I'm sorry! I didn't know you were such a scaredy-cat." Hye Jung rolled her eyes she then bit her lips as she stared at the whining boy. 

"Baek Hyun-ah." 

"Hmm?" Baek Hyun faced her as he massaged his shin. Hye Jung gulped as she stammered out. 

"I got another message that day."

Baek Hyun froze, of course he knew it was from the ex-victim of her bullying. He brushed sand off his pants as he stared at the girl who had a stressed expression on her face. 

"I could still remember the look on my dad's face when he fetched me from the office. I was suspended for 2 weeks." Hye Jung mumbled out. Baek Hyun fiddled with his fingers once again. He sighed deeply as Hye Jung looked up. "I'm sorry I had to share this, it's just that I don't have anyone right at this m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter