+ the prologue

The Guide To Being Boyfriend Material.


 

THE PROLOGUE
THE INTRO
  

tumblr_mnjb2jijdj1qagz3wo1_500.gif    tumblr_mnjb2jijdj1qagz3wo1_500.gif    


It was just your average Sunday, I suppose — I for one, was having an amazing sleep with no sudden abruptions of sound as my family were all away for a vacation trip of their own, whilst me – their youngest own daughter was left alone in the house due to school purposes. Sometimes I really disliked the fact my family plans these things without me, but thankfully the bright side was I had peace and quiet and I could order take out from "Mario's Pizza Palace" anytime I wanted to. Then all of a sudden, *ding dong!* it was my doorbell, my eyes immediately opened in result to the alert and I elicited a loud groan of frustration. I mean, seriously — it's the weekend and I haven't gotten any rest whatsoever since last Sunday. Exams are stressful, I'm sure everyone can relate with that. I sat up with a stiff motion and gestured a long stretch of my arms.

*ding dong!* *ding dong!* *ding dong!*
"Oh my god, can that person stop with the dinging? Aish~" I muttered whilst I rubbed the temples on my forehead before feigning a smile as I made my way down the stairs at a working pace. "I'll be there in a minute!" and with those words, I made it to the front door and checked through the peeping hole, I had sighed to myself and facepalmed.


Oh. ing. Sehun.
What the hell was he doing here? I told him my weekends were off limits  for this certain month and what does he do? He ignores me. He stood there with his hands tucked into his jean's pocket, pursed lips and an impatient foot which tapped onto the floor as he continued to wait. I unlocked the door and as I saw him lean into the door with his cheek pressed against the wood, to hear any audible sounds of me, the door swiftly moved open as I allowed it to, causing his figure to fall down and to stumble so amusingly onto the floor. The edges of my lips tugged upwards to form an amused grin, stifling my evil chortle within me, he only looked to me with a sarcastic smile.


"Interrupted your sleep?" he asked knowingly from my expression, I mouthed a "no" with a hint of sweet sarcasm  and shook my head with a slow gesture causing him to understand. "Are we even then?" my gaze trailed to the door before seeing him once more to have hesitated with my answer, before nodding and extending my arm to have held out my hand to him for help to get up. Oh how wrong I was to do so, as he took my hand to only smirk soon after and pull me down onto the floor with him. My eyes gave a deathly glare whilst he only laughed, "Now we're even".

"Remind me why am I friends with you again?"  I questioned as I rolled my eyes at him, whilst we got up from our positions, as I walked away from him into my kitchen to make myself some breakfast.

"I would've thought you'd know by now, you love me of course,"   I could only scoff at such false predicament. "Oh you know it's true, even if you're cold exterior says otherwise" he replied as he follows me into the room, taking  a seat at the dining table, as he checked out the variety of snacks' labels which laid spread out on the table.  

 "You're funny Oh Sehun, you continue to think that way"  once I had operated the toaster, I poured myself and Sehun a glass of orange juice before coming towards him to have taken a seat beside him. He muttered a "thanks" and I nodded in reply. Then a question was suddenly brought to my mind, "Um, so Sehun why are you here exactly?"

"To see you of course, you're my bestie, my bff, my biffle, my—".
 

"NO, tell me the truth. Oh and by the way, please do not continue and never 'ever' say biffle ever again or I'll probably have to bite you".

"Haha, well okay fine. Since you threatened so nicely ~" he agreed feigning a touched look, I puffed my cheek as I crossed my arms, raising my brows to ushur him to continue whilst I took a sip from my glass. "Well, I think I've fallen for someone...". 

*cough cough cough*— I choked on my drink, my best friend Oh Sehun actually /like likes/ someone??  He widened his eyes at my reaction and pats my back supportively, "YOU WHAT?!" I exclaimed as I stood up, he flinched from the loud action and rubbed his nape nervously. 

"Well, I-I think I do,"

"YOU THINK?! WHEN?!"

"It was a few weeks ag—"

"HOW?!"

"I d-don't know! I—"

"WHY?!"

"CAN YOU STOP WITH THE SHOUTING?! SHEESH"
I immediately sat down apologetically as he snapped me out of my train of wreck thoughts. I cleared my throat and took a deep breath in before I had exhaled calmly out.

"Let's try this again," I stated looking to him with a confused expression, "What do you mean you've fallen for someone? Because I know for a fact that my doofus of a best friend Oh Sehun doesn't like girls in /that/ way and I'm sure as hell, he hates the topic of 'love' and I bet she's way out your league".

"Well, people change Krys—" my eyes turn into flying saucers and I gasped dramatically.

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with my best friend?".

"Yah! I'm serious Jung Soojung," he pouted childishly whilst he rested his chin against the top of the table, jutting his lips upwards as he blowed his fringe away from his eyes, "I think she might actually be the one". The one? Since when did Oh Sehun ever utter the words 'the one' out? Other than mocking the actors and actresses on the screen during one of our school day movie marathons, that doesn't count and it's so— it's so... unlike him.  

"Fine, fine — I'm sorry, but what does me having to wake up so damn early in the morning at eight during a weekend have anything to do with your love sick situation?".

"Well ~"  
he trailed on as he turned his head away from me.

"Well?"

"Well as my loving, amazing, smart and better half of —"

"Just get on with it Sebutt"


"Well what I'm trying to say is... Please help me try and make things work with her!" he pleaded as he leaned in closer to me, with an attempt of being cute to resist with his lower lip jutted out as he forced himself nearer to me, even when I moved back further until I landed onto the floor with my onto the hard ground.  Owwie that hurts, that hurts ~  "Are you okay?!" he asked as he blinked at me. I straightened my posture and took back my seat and elicited a long sigh.       


"Sehun," I said whilst I bit down on my lower lip "I can't help you— I'm sorry"

"W-What? But WHY?!"


"Sehun, may I remind you that I'm probably the last girl on this planet who gives a damn about dating and love advice, if you really wanted some then you should've went to the guys, I'm sure they've got much to tell you—".

"NO! Soojung-ah you know how crazy they can get when I tell them secrets or that I have taken an interest with the opposite , they skin me alive and embarrass me in front of a girl, and you're a girl after all right?".

*scoff* "Oh well spotted Hun!" I pointed out with yet another tone of sarcasm, whilst I rolled my eyes at his insensitive comment, "Sehun— I said no, and that's the end of it".

"You're being so mean! You said it yourself, she's way out of my league and I need all the help I can get, so why can't you do me this favour and help your old buddy out huh?"
.

"Hun, if you haven't remembered — I've never been a relationship before!". 

"I know you haven't, but because you're a girl you can teach me all what guys need to know about them, you know? You can even speak to the girl, and give me hints and tips about how to impress her and make her go out with me!—"
.  I emitted a loud groan from my lips and shook my head and placed a hand in front of his face to stop him from speaking anymore. Why can't he understand that I don't like these types of things which take up my time. 

"Sehun, it's a no, end of— can we speak about something else?" I could hear him give out a dispirited sigh as his facial expression changed drastically as I uttered the word 'no'. He stood up and gave a small wave of his hand in reassurance.

"No, it's fine. I'm done here"

"Seriously, are you really that mad that I'm not helping you out with this so-called serious issue of yours? Sehun it's a girl, just ask her out and that's all you need to do!"


"Can't I be mad? I thought best friends were supposed to look out for one another and help each other out during these times. It's not that simple! She's, she's different!" he argued as he made his way to the door, I could only follow him in confusion before I had stopped to watch him put on his leather jacket, is he saying all other girls aren't? Rude.

"How so?"

"Ugh, I can't explain it to you — whatever, I'll just see you around"

"Yah! Oh Sehun, this is so childish, just come back and we can sort things out!" I called out from afar at a small distance between the two of us. Though the male didn't face me, he didn't even take the quickest glance, all he said were the soft words which said,

"By the way, your toaster in on fire" ah I see... WAIT—WHAT?! I gasped and sniffed the air to have come into contact with the combustion, I ran to the kitchen to sort the issue, but even so, I paused my gesture as I still managed to hear the door had shut furiously. He left me alone and it was back to square one, how will you make it up to him this time Jung Soojung?

tumblr_mnjb2jijdj1qagz3wo1_500.gif    tumblr_mnjb2jijdj1qagz3wo1_500.gif   tumblr_mnjb2jijdj1qagz3wo1_500.gif   

Yet before I knew it, it was already another school day and that meant having to see Sehun. I wasn't able to get the chance to speak with him since that incident back in my house and as my best friend instincts tingled, I knew I had to be the one who would be apologising first. The only thing I could hope for was he had the sense in maturity in him to put it all behind too, but then I remembered — it's Oh Sehun, when has he ever apologised to me? We tend to get back together as friends like dudes, forget and move on right? It's not like our fights were always serious anyways, but if I had a say in it, Sehun was always the one overreacting. I slung my bag around my shoulder as I cleared my throat, entering my highschool Kirin Arts [ K.A REPRESENT! ] and searched around. He's gotta be here somewhere, just somehow, but where could he b—

"Soojung-ah!" a voice greeted cheerfully as I felt a warm embrace around my waist, I made a turn and saw Choi Jinri [ a.k.a my best friend for life! ] right there with her usual winning bright smile. Thankfully, other than Sehun — I have her around to listen to my rants and issues. She let out a soft giggle and adjusted her red framed glasses. Jinri is otherwise known as the president of the EXO fanclub, and you may ask who is EXO? Well they're basically the talented Kingka group in our highschool, and Sehun just so happens to be one of the members. All the girls would kill to get close to them, but never had the chance. She was your typical k-pop fangirl, and trust me — she's totally harcore with it judging from the posters and cd collections and not to mention her shrines spread around her whole bedroom.

She has three aims in life :
• 
one is to become the best fanclub president ever for EXO.
two is to go to all their concerts and events as they will become a success.
• 
three is to marry Park Chanyeol and have 2 children, one boy and girl.
— well she doesn't really like to admit the last one, but it's obvious she's crushing.


"Jinri-ah, how's it going? I heard that you went to Busan during the weekend, was it nice?"

"Yeah, it was great! Though it since my mom said I couldn't use my phone for the trip because "family time" was the purpose of it, could you believe that? I nearly died! I didn't send my 100 post feed a day! I'm such a bad president!" I only nodded and gave her an okay sign with my fingers, emitting a small chuckle. You could say Jinri's rather /too/ committed with her job, but everyone loves her anyways.  "How was your weekend Soojung?" I sighed at the question and shrugged, it only reminded me of me and Sehun's fight. Jinri saw right through it and gave me a sorry smile, "Did you and Sehun get into a fight? You're doing that face again" and by face, she means biting my lower lip and staring of into the distance as if I was in some sort of hypnotist trance. I waved my hand reassuringly.

"No, no it's fine — we did get into a fight, but I'm sure that we'll make up... eventually I hope" I gulped, Jinri could only stay silent. This was supposed to be the part where she tells me everything would be alright and that we'll make up soon, and yes I know it might not but I need all the comfort and reassurance I can get here!

"Oh was I supposed to say something?"

"It's fine"


"O-kay then, well let's get going to class" and with that, the two of us linked arms after a few awkward tries and  we made our way to our first class...

 

Jinri and I parted our ways once we entered the classroom as we sat at our allocated seats, we waved a small goodbye to one another before she took her seat, turning around as she heard her fellow EXO-L minions at her fanclub call her. I travelled to my desk only to find another male sitting on it, so comfortably — it was none other than Kim Jongin otherwise known as one of the annoying members of EXO. I cleared my throat which caught his attention, and he looked right up before tugging his lips into a cheeky smirk. "Ah, well if it isn't Hun's girl 'bestie' Jung Soojung, to what do I owe the pleasure?".  

"Oh please Kim Jongin, when have you ever wanted to do any favours for me?"

"Aw, you think so negatively of me, it hurts — why the long face hm?" he replied with a husky tone as he placed his hand over his chest to where his heart was located, feigning to wipe away his pretend tear. I crossed my arms and mentally groaned, he's such a jerk to me, I hate him. I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth impatiently.

"Look 'ere mister, I'd like my seat back so either get off now and save the trouble of having me kick your , or face my wrath, it's your decision".

"Ouch, aren't you a fiesty one huh? Then again, you've always been. No can do honey, this seat is now mine, and Sehun even approved of it — say hello to your new seat buddy" he explained as he pointed towards the back where a dozed off Zhang Yixing sat, as he rested his head against the table, clearly not minding the fangirls which surrounded him with admiration. Damn you, Oh Sehun, are you really that mad at me? I clenched my fists in anger at his actions, he's being such a, such a—

"Brat!" exactly– wait who, was that? Jongin let out a chortle and gave a small shrug of his shoulders, "I told you not to tell her it was my idea!" well speaking of mister grumpy pants himself, it was none other than Oh Sehun. So he's admitted to it, this little piece of shiz thinks he can just get away with it. I gave my "best friend" a "sweet" smile.

"Sehun, we need to talk" but all I got was him rolling his eyes at me as he pft-ed at me.


"There's nothing we need to talk about, we're good yeah?"

"No— Sehun, we're not that term you call 'good',"
I disagreed as I used my fingers to symbolise the quotation marks to emphasis how 'good' is not the way to describe our relationship at the moment, "If we were good you wouldn't need to have asked this Jongass to be sitting at my seat and you wouldn't be ignoring me, but as you have done so — clearly we're not 'good'".

"You're making a big deal out of this Soojung".

"Am I? More like you are since you couldn't even say 'hello' to me when you walked into the room,"

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but this prissy princess is right bro—" Jongin butted in, Sehun made a scrunched up face due to his words and shook his head.

"Whatever," Sehun replied nonchalantly, "I can make do without either of you and your comments, I'll just go sit next to somebody else".

"Oh no you're not" I quickly took his wrist with a superior grip and made my way out of the classroom alongside him and his constant complaints, heck I didn't even care about the students which gave me fierce glares or shocked expressions, I just wanted to sort our friendship out. He eventually gave up in trying to stop me from taking him even further away, and I settled us around the quiet corner of the hallway where it was basically just secluded and empty.

"What do you want Jung?"

"Uh— how about answers? Sehun it's only been a day since we had that arguement and you're already treating me as though I was your worst enemy, and that I'm non-existant in your life" I had received no reply from him, he just stood there in silence, the atmosphere was so awkward— my cringe senses were even thinking about coming. I ran my fingers through my hair as I tried to hold in my urge to strangle this kid. Did he really just want me to help him out with that "crush" of his? "Sehun what's it going to take for you to stop acting like a little piece of–" I kept my mouth shut as he raised his eyebrows, I exhaled a breath to keep my "cool" to stop just in time to be releasing ill-mannered curses, "I'm sorry, how can I make this up to you?".

"Tch, I'm sure you already know Soojung, but you don't seem up for it— so what can you do?" he must really be determined for this girl, I bite the inside of my cheek and hesitated to think about it for a little while, should I give it a try? But what if my advice and help doesn't do anything? I'll get him mad even more... "Well if you're not going to say anything, I'll be heading back to class before Mr. Jeon comes back and gives me a smacking I'll remember— again". My sight had started to see him make a fast-walk for it, leaving me once more. Aish ~ What to do? What to do? Uhm, uhm—
 


"WAIT!" I shouted, causing him to stop his movements and hear me out, "I'll do it, I'll help you" well I just panicked and made probably the MOST TERRIBLE DECISION OF MY LIFE. Sehun almost swiftly under a second ran towards me with a big plastered grin upon his lips, embracing me tightly in a life-squeezing hug.

"This is the best day ever! Thank you so much Jung-ie, I'm sorry I was being mean!" I pushed him off of me which made him form a childish frown, I only pushed his head back as he tried to envelop me into his arms once more, this idiot.

"Yeah, yeah whatever, but don't blame me if this girl doesn't end up liking you which is probably 101% going to happen" I answered whilst I shrugged, his arm slinging around my shoulder in a friendly fashion as we made our way back to our class. He feigns a sob and prods my left cheek with his finger.   

"Aye~ why are you being so mean again?"

"Well we're friends again, aren't we?"

"I should act mad more often, you become more nicer then, and less like a diva and bit—" I smacked the back of his head which earned a hurt groan from him.

"You've dealt with my attitude for seventeen years, don't be such a baby— oh and tell Jongin to get his large out of my seat"

"Hmpfh, I guess but you could try and be more, well... 'not-krystal' and no worries, I got that covered, and speaking of us finally agreeing mutual terms, you can start giving me sessions tomorrow after school, I say we focus on pick-up lines first! " I scrunched my nose in disgust and shook my head.

"I don't think so, you're funny though if you think I'd agree to to it"

"Well, how about we go ahead to kissing?" he suggested with a serious tone.   

....


"BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one!" the two of us commented, laughing at the suggestion, in no hell's way will I ever be kissing Oh Sehun and no way will he be placing his dirty lips onto mine. The two of us let out a sigh soon after our laughter died down.  "Didn't you already have you first kiss?"

"Yeah, but it wasn't a real first kiss– it was simply just a peck on the lips, besides I didn't want it. It was 3rd grade. That Mirae girl totally pushed her lips onto mine, and so much for a best friend, you left me to suffer"

"Hey, it was funny – and I still ship #SeRae"

"Ew, they actually made that a thing?"


"Yup!" I laughed, flashing him a teasing grin as I tapped the tip of his nose in a playful manner. These are the moments towards why I just enjoy being with him, I don't think I could function without this idiot by my side, and I would hope he felt the same about me, even if I treat him like poop at times...

"I'm home!" I called, as I took off my shoes and placed them on the shoe rack at the side of the entrance's door. That's weird, why was it so silent? I was so sure that Sica said that they'd be back today at 12pm and it's already 6pm. Where could they be? I walked into the living room and searched through the different rooms, I wouldn't say our house was the biggest but considering the fact my family worked in the fashion/journalism business, it was fairly big to our liking. After failed attempts of trying to look for them downstairs, I went up to my room, shutting the door behind me. It's good to be—

"Soojung-ah!" Jessica exclaimed in jovial excitement as she ran towards me for a hug, "I've missed you so, so much! How have you been?!..." every question was coming out way to fast, I couldn't keep up with them all. I placed my hands onto my sister's shoulders and pat them gently, as I nodded my head.

"I've been fine unnie, things have been alright okay? Don't worry about me!" 

"Hm, but judging from your expression — let me guess, did something happen to you and Sehun during the time I was gone?" 

Oh my god, how does she do that?
"Okay, yes. But it was recent and we've sorted it out now, no need to worry– hey enough about me, how about you?".

"Aye, don't try and change the subject! I know what you're doing and it doesn't work on me Jung Soojung. What's the catch you had to do for him this time?"
.

I hesitated at first to reply at first, but then decided maybe telling someone wouldn't hurt,
"Well, I have to sorta... well... be his love– counselor? helper? I don't know if that's what you call it, I'm still unsure myself".

"Seriously?! It seems like Sehun's asking himself and you're agreeing yourself into a 'fall in love with your best friend plan'" Sica laughed at the palm of her hand, trying to stifle it in. I only pouted and furrowed my brows at her and her actions.

"How many times do I have to tell you and everyone that we DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT see each other more than friends? Girls can be friends with guys too without evolving into a romantic relationship y'know?"

"Well Soojung, I'm not saying that guys and girls can't be friends, because they can. Though the thing about having a guy best friend for so long, is that sometimes, you may depend on each other a bit too much, and as you love and cope with everything they are and have as a human being, especially after puberty strikes, let's just say— things can happen" Jessica explained, before she emitted a small sigh and patted my shoulder. "You get some sleep, you have school tomorrow, I'll see you in the morning Soojung-ah" she kissed my forehead and left the room. I bit my lower lip and took a seat on my queen-sized bed, looking down at my lap.

Could things ever happen between me and Sehun? – I'm becoming delusional, I just need a good night's rest, that's all. Sehun and I are just friends and that's all we're ever going to be.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE  : 
hello there everyone and fellow juvenlies, this' the prologue to how things went down between sehun and krystal and I hope you have enjoyed reading it through!  i'm sorry if there's any mistakes as english isn't my first language. i'm sorry if it's boring! hopefully you'll continue reading on, it would mean a lot. i'm loving this couple like crazy! 
that's all from me, thank you!

upvote, subscribe and comment to give me your thought!