---

kiss

--

 

It was a long time ago, back before they had even debuted. It happened when Taekwoon still disliked Jaehwan (Jaehwan had a ing lovely voice and no one, not even Taekwoon, could deny it- he was an extremely strong competitor for the main vocal position).

 

Taekwoon's just minding his own business, earphones plugged in as usual, feline eyes fixated on his phone screen, small mouth parting occasionally as he quietly hums the lyrics to the song he'd prepared for the next evaluation.

 

Suddenly, he hears a loud cry, and when Taekwoon looks up, he sees a blurry figure falling towards him, closer, closer- he's got no time to react, and before he knows it, the body crashes onto his own- what he should be feeling is pain, disgust maybe- instead, all he can feel is the softness pressed against his lips, so smooth, so sweet, soft pillows which tasted like strawberries?

 

It lingers for just nearly a second before the body in his lap jumps off, and then he sees a flustered Jaehwan, sees the other members behind, mouths agape.

 

What just happened?

 

"Ahh I'm so sorry T-Taekwoon hyung! I really didn't mean that oh my god I..I was just practicing some of the dance moves and I slipped and fell and w-we.."

 

Taekwoon freezes as reality dawns upon him, eyes widening so very slightly as he brings his fingers up to touch his own lips. He just shared his first kiss with Jaehwan. Jaehwan

 

And he liked it.

 

(Jaehwan could hardly believe it when Taekwoon let him off with a soft "its okay", with a slight stutter. His relationship with Taekwoon had changed after that incident, somehow- for the better. Taekwoon still avoided and ignored him, but his eyes weren't cold and hard, full of hatred, like before. Instead, his gaze was softer- and every time Taekwoon tries to turn away and avoid any sort of eye contact, Jaehwan catches the blush on the elder's cheeks, and his own cheeks start feeling warm too, butterflies fluttering in his tummy. Its a nice feeling and- it's love, he later realises.)

 

Their first kiss was unintentional.

 

--

 

The younger main vocal had begged Taekwoon to let him sleep on his bed, said he could feel that the monsters from the earlier horror movie were hiding under his bed, that he was sure they were out to get him, he was scared.

 

Ridiculous, Taekwoon thinks. A grown man needing company because he was scared of monsters under his bed? That story belonged to little children and toddlers.

 

But which heartless person could bear to refuse those big, puppy-like eyes? 

 

So here Taekwoon is, with Jaehwan snuggled up beside him, face too close for Taekwoon's liking.

 

Taekwoon shifts slightly, he feels uncomfortable, he's warm and bothered- Jaehwan's sleeping soundly beside him, and the way those plush lips parted slightly as he drew in slow breaths- they looked way too tempting, so moist and so pink, literally begging to be kissed.

 

He's asleep. Just this once, its okay right? No one would know...

 

Taekwoon finds himself leaning closer, he presses his lips against Jaehwan's own, the moment the smooth softness touches his lips, he feels lightheaded and dizzy and he wants more. But he can't risk getting caught, so he reluctantly withdraws.

 

(Taekwoon almost passes out when he sees Jaehwan's eyes flutter open, "did you just kiss me?".)

 

Their second kiss was initiated.

 

--

 

"Listen to me, Jaehwan."

 

"Hyung...you're drunk

 

"Please-"

 

Jaehwan winces as he smells the strong, undeniable smell of alcohol on Taekwoon's ragged breaths,  lets out a little hiss of pain when Taekwoon presses him harder against the wall, nails biting into the skin at his wrists.

 

"Can't you see Jaehwan? I- I love you, Jaehwan-ah."

 

"But hyung-"

 

"No, Jaehwan! Please, I don't care if others don't accept me- or us, I just want, I need you to accept me...accept my love...Jaehwan"

 

Jaehwan stares as Taekwoon trembles, tears running down his cheeks, out those dark eyes, those mysterious eyes one could never really read into, but eyes that looked so cold, one would never have thought were capable of crying.

 

"I've finally confessed after holding it in for so long, Jaehwan...please-"

 

Taekwoon releases his grip on Jaehwan's sore wrists and they fall to Jaehwan's small waist instead, squeezing at the flesh as he forcefully presses his lips onto Jaehwan's- the kiss is rough and hard and different. Jaehwan whimpers and gasps as his bottom lip is pulled between teeth, as a firm tongue pushes into his mouth, over every inch of his warm cavern, kissing him breathless- his  eyes clenched shut and his sounds muffled as his own fingers twist helplessly in the material of Taekwoon's sweat and rain drenched shirt. 

 

When Taekwoon finally pulls away, Jaehwan's eyes are wide, his cheeks red, lips swollen and parted, gasping for air.

 

One wrong move and their whole relationship would be in ruins. Had he gone too far?

 

Taekwoon's eyes are cast down as he listens to Jaehwan's heavy breathing, waiting for the answer.

 

Taekwoon feels a hand cupping at his nape and open lips meeting his own once again, but this time its slow and more gentle, Taekwoon brings his hands up to cup Jaehwan's small, heated face, at his lower lip softly, almost apologetically.

 

Jaehwan pulls away first but keeps their lips connected, and as his own slightly teary eyes look into Taekwoon's dark, wet ones, there's a breathy whisper, "hyung, I, I love you too."

 

And there, there is the answer Taekwoon needs.

 

Their third and fourth kisses started with a drunk Taekwoon, ended with confessions, and  signified the beginning of a new relationship.

 

--

 

It's almost impossible, to keep track of their subsequent kisses, at the rate it increased almost daily. Kisses shared before a performance, light pecks backstage, in the morning, slow, lazy ones, and right before a night's rest, sweet and gentle.

 

--

 

Today is a special day. 

 

"Jaehwan, do you know what day it is today?"

 

Taekwoon runs his fingers through Jaehwan's soft, mussed brown hair, as he holds Jaehwan in his arms, cuddling in the bed of their shared hotel room. (it'd really been a long time since they last got to share a room, and how nice it was, how coincidental that it was also the date of the first year since their secret relationship started)

 

"Of course, hyung. It's our first anniversary" Jaehwan smiles and buries his face in Taekwoon's neck, inhaling deeply and sighing contentedly.

 

"There's one more thing, Jaehwan"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Our next kiss is going to be our hundredth kiss" 

 

Taekwoon pushes Jaehwan off him gently and rolls them over, hovering over the younger, leaning on his forearms which were positioned at either side of Jaehwan's face.

 

"What?...Hyung, you've been....you've been c-counting?"

 

Jaehwan's voice trembles a little as he looks up at Taekwoon.

 

"Yeah. Touched?" 

 

Taekwoon smiles warmly as he holds Jaehwan's face in his hands, pressing their foreheads together. Jaehwan doesn't answer, but his eyes are shining.

 

"It's because you mean that much to me, Jaehwan-ah"

 

Even though they both aren't speaking, they know all too well what exactly is going on in the other's mind. Both were trying to think, how they could make this hundredth kiss a special, memorable one.

 

There's a long silence, then suddenly broken by Taekwoon's laughter. It just dawns on him how it's stupid, trying to make this kiss special. Because, wasn't every kiss shared with the one he loved so dearly, the most special, most memorable? There was not a single moment shared with Jaehwan that was any less precious than another.

 

Who said that there could only be one most? With Jaehwan, there could and there would be a hundred mosts.

 

So he leans down, still holding Jaehwan's face in his hands, he tilts his head ever so slightly just as their lips meet- their eyes are closed as their lips start moving, slowly, smoothly against each other, just like any other kiss, but not any less special.

 

"Our hundredth." Taekwoon smiles as he pulls away slowly, cupping Jaehwan's cheek, overwhelmed with fondness for the younger. They'd come so far.

 

He's caught by surprise and loses his balance, falling on top of Jaehwan when the younger suddenly pulls him down and pecks him lightly, before giggling playfully against his lips, "One hundred and one."

 

Taekwoon looks into Jaehwan's eyes and they're sparkling as usual, full of trust and love and Taekwoon's falling all over again.

 

--

 

It's their hundred and first kiss, a hundred and one mosts, and there's many more to come.

 

--

 

A/N: FINALLY. that was a painful one hour wait. internet ;;;;