Notice Me (1/2)

Phase In Kim Kai's Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I don't wanna eat with that hyung."

 

Jongin stared from a far ㅡ as usual because that's the least thing he could do. 

He saw how Kyungsoo's pinkish lips transform into a heart shaped one the moment Sehun, their maknae, shared a joke he claimed he had found on the internet. Being the youngest of the group that will debut soon, members find him extremely handsome and undeniably cute at the same time. The member's eyes were changed into crescent moons the minute Sehun spit out what Jongin considered as the most horrible joke he had ever heard.

"Guys here's my next joke," Sehun cleared his throat and stood from the woodpeckered floor as everyone sat there comfortably, leaning against each other. Eyes of anticipation were evident and Jongin just snorts in disgust. 

 

But he's also listening from a far, pretending to drink a banana milk. Therefore, he takes a part to a disgusting team who laugh like retarded seals for the maknae's set of lame jokes just because he listens.

"What did the the ocean wave said to the other upcoming wave?" Sehun asked, face distorted because he'll soon laugh like a deranged man.

"What?" Junmyeon, being the most generous man who had spare time in listening to Sehun's jokes, asked.

"Hi there."

"Where's the joke, Sehun?" Yixing asked, obvious that he finds the joke lame the second time around.

"He waved while saying hi!" Sehun bursts into boisterous laughter and the other members did so, slapping each other's thighs.

Unbelievable.

Yixing was the only one who doesn't get it that's why he remained stoic and sleepy, his back leaned on the red couch's feet.

At least Jongin had a comrade and he isn't alone. Thanks to the heaven sent's obliviousness, slowness, innocence or mere stupidity if he'll conclude.

 

"HA-HA! Way to go, Sehun. Say that to your soon lover and that person won't even think twice to break up with you." He blurted those words out all of a sudden. Jongin is so bitter that Kyungsoo whole heartedly chuckled at Sehun's joke without a feeling of it being necessary and forced.

Sehun furrowed his brows, tilting his head at the tan male's direction who's currently standing near the closed fridge with certain confusion. "Yeah, Jongin. It's so damn lame that you almost spit that banana milk you're currently sipping."

The second he heard that, he realized that some of the yellowish liquid was oozing from the corner of his lips down to his chin shamelessly without prior notice. Is it possible to unconciously laugh when it's not near being funny?

"I guess he didn't spit out. He's just staring at Kyungsoo and the juice from his mouth came oozing since he forgot to gulp all in." Minseok suggested because being the oldest among every dork, he began to understand and comprehend the member's behaviours well. All members found that witty comment worth applauding for. "Too distracted of either Sehun's joke or Kyungsoo's presence."

Won't they just shut their blabbering and non-sense mouths up? 

Its sense of urgency is real.

"His mouth is wet for Kyungsoo." Chanyeol suddenly retorted, making everyone stare at him, even the awkward sitted Kyungsoo and the flabbergasted Jongin who's still biting the small white straw attached in the box of Pororo banana milk.

"Was that supposed to be a dirty joke, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun said and laughed as well. They are the two members within the group who are the epitome of great friends getting along. 

Or even more.

They're no help to the very uncomfortable scene.

 

"G-guys...what do you want for tonight's dinner?" Kyungsoo wanted to break the inconvenient atmosphere and abruptly stood up from the floor. "I think I'll go buy groceries. It's not like anyone could do it for me. No one will cook as well." 

That's a very very acceptable excuse huh? Sarcasm intended.

"We know, Kyungsoo." Jongdae let out a sly smirk and hung his arm on Baekhyun's shoulder with a smug expression. "That's why we're eating meat at Myeongdong. We made our soon leader, Junmyeon, book a reservation for us. What do you think?"

 

Oh no.

His last resort -

To buy at least some groceries -

And walk out naturally from the scene without being so obvious -

 

Even his sole oppurtunity to be away from the engulfing situation right now...

 

Were all vanished.

 

Later on, he felt being literally dragged by his roomate, Chanyeol, upstairs going to their shared bedroom. "Dress up eveyone. Tonight's get-together won't be cancelled even anyone tries to weave lame excuses or even dare to call it off, you dweebs." He exclaimed while going up the stairs and happily watched how the members dispersed from the cozy living room back to their shared bedrooms to change apparels.

Just how it's planned.

He checked if everyone is complying, manifesting those pearly white teeth but frowned upon when he spotted Jongin at the front of the swung open refrigerator, wanting to catch some cold as soon as possible in order to find some excuse not to join them.

If he could buy a fever as soon as possible just to elude with that crazy get-together they're planning and just sulk in his room, he will definitely purchase. He hates the feeling like he's a wanted, notorious criminal whenever Kyungsoo is somewhere that pops like a mushroom and he knows that the latter always lets his guard up whenever the dancer is around...

He can't take it all.

He'd rather stay up all night alone at their dorm, watch Pororo while munching potato chips and guard their place like an obedient dog he is than to be together with someone he isn't sure what's running on mind.

"Kim Jongin. I'll give you my four precious words," Chanyeol paused as he reached the second floor of their dorm and pushed Kyungsoo inside the bedroom. He's now yelling at the anxious male below. "You can't ing escape."

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo wanted to really switch seats with Yixing. Their dork co-trainees really intended to make them sit in front of each other. If the vocalist will choose, he'd rather sit beside Jongin as they will just be shoulder to shoulder in that case.

And that's way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter