1 - Numbers

Numbers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1

 

101. 102. 103. 104. 105. 106. 107. 108. Turn left.

 

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

 

I pulled my key from my pocket and unlocked the door. As I stepped in and gush of heat blazed over me.

 

Is that cinnamon? And sugar? Are those-

 

“Kyungsoo. Is that you?” Someone’s voice calls out from the my right side.

 

Sounds like Sohee.

 

“Yes, Noona. It’s me,” I say.

“Go wash up, Kyungsoo. I’m baking cinnamon rolls,” she says again while I hear her putting the pan in the oven.

 

That’s why it’s so hot in here.

 

I take my shoes and socks off and shift them to the right until they hit the wall.

I wriggle my toes and start walking again.

 

1. 2. 3. Turn left.

 

1. 2. Turn right.

 

I hit my foot on the first step and I know that I’m at the stairs.

 

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Top Step.

 

Turn right.

 

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14 -

 

My nose hits a hard object letting out a thud sound.

 

Owww. The door.

 

“Kyungsoo. It’s thirteen and a half steps to your room. Not fourteen. You do this everyday,” Sohee yells.

 

She’s in the living room now. Probably reading another one of her books.

 

“I forgot Noona. I won’t do it again,” I say as I open the door to my bedroom.

I close the door and set aside my bag. I roll my shoulders and I hear a soft crack.

 

That’s better.

 

Walk straight. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Turn left.

 

I reach out and sit on my bed.

 

This feels good. Maybe I’ll lie down for few minutes.

 

I closed my eyes and let my thoughts wander around.

 

Maybe I should tell Sehun to maybe try singing while playing guitar. That could help him play better.  Wouldn’t it? It worked for Chen. Maybe not. Sehun told me he was getting swamped with his school homework. I need to also teach Taeyeon how to tune her violin herself. Henry’s doing pretty good. Maybe I could try and request an auditorium for him to perform in front of an audience. I have so much work. I’ll just rest for now.

 

“Kyungsoo, let’s eat now,” Sohee calls for me after some time.

 

How long did I doze off?

 

I go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter