final

Someone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final

“Hey, can we meet?”

I sat up from my bed when I read the message blaring in my phone. Irene texted me and she said she wanted to meet. It could only mean two things: first, she wants free food; second, she has some trouble with her love life. It was always either of the two.

Of course, being the best friend that I am, I told her to meet me at the park near my apartment. Irene replied a second later saying that she’s already there.

Irene and I had been best friends since God knows when. I had always been the shoulder-to-cry-on, I had always been the one who listens- not the one who talks, I had always been there when she talks about her crushes- God, how I wish she would talk to someone like that about me.

Irene, what can I say about her? She’s beyond perfect. She’s good in dancing, she’s beautiful- like really beautiful, she’s smart, she’s out-going, she’s hilarious. I could write a thousand things positive about her.

How could you not fall in love with her?

I think I fell in love with her the moment I saw her. Like who wouldn’t?

But I had always been satisfied with our relationship. I had always been satisfied with what’s between us. I had always been satisfied being the best friend.

I never really asked for more.

 

The moment I walked at the entrance of the park, I already saw Irene sitting at the bottom of the slide. I walked up to her and hell- I was already satisfied knowing that seeing me makes her smile.

“Hey, Irene” I greeted her; I sat at the swing facing where Irene was.

“I like someone” Irene blurted out. Not again.

“So, who’s the lucky guy?” I tried so hard to keep my sullen expression. The way Irene looks dreamy doesn’t help at all.

“Well, it’s actually a girl” I nodded at the information. I wasn’t even shocked when she told me it’s a girl. I mean, she had been flirting with the bear- looking girl from our school.

“Tell me more about her then” I tried to smile at her. But Irene looked so in love that my smile didn’t even last long.

“Well, she’s funny, she’s very talented, and I actually heard she’s good at cooking” Oh, Irene, I would be funny, I would try to be talented, and I would cook everything for you.

“Where did you two meet?” I asked, I don’t really like the topic but I love Irene talking like that.

“We met at the library” that’s where we met, Irene, do you even remember about it? Because I remember every single thing about it

“Why do you like her?” I know I would be hurt, but I had been hurt enough.

“She’s always there for me, she makes me happy, she’s beyond perfect, she would be a hundred miles away from me but with just one call she would immediately be there, she’s just one of a kind” I’m losing my temper because I could do that for her.

“Irene…” I whispered but she heard it s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter