Memories

Love Will Always Find A Way

Love Will Always Find A Way - Memories


 

“Mr. Kim?” I called out staring at the back of my last client for that day.


“Mr. Kim?” I called out again but the men in front of me seemed to be in deep thought while he was staring out the window.


“Mr. Kim?” I whispered, laying my hands on his shoulder, trying not startle him. He turned around and at that moment my heart felt like jumping out of my chest. My eyes widened in surprise, a bit taken aback by his sudden movement.


“Oh I’m sorry, I tend to zone out sometimes.” Mr. Kim smiled, standing up and giving me a hand to shake.


“Is everything alright?” he asked when I kept staring at him with shocked eyes.


“Yes…Uhm…Yes Mr. Kim, please, my office is right this way.” I took a deep breath, leading the way to the room where I was always working.  


Why is he here? I’m sure he doesn’t remember me.  


As we went inside my office, I took a seat behind my desk, offering Mr. Kim as well a seat in front of me. When Mr. Kim bent down and sat on the offered chair, I took once again a deep breath, giving him a warm smile.


“So Mr. Kim, why are you here?” I asked, dragging my voice a little.


“Well, I was actually forced to come here.” he smiled lazily. I knew very well that he hated to talk about his feelings with someone else so this wasn’t something new to me. “My best friend thinks that I should talk with somebody about this.” He added when he realized I wasn’t giving him any retort.


“About what to talk exactly?” I asked knowing already what he wanted to talk about. I honestly preferred he didn’t talk to me about this, but telling him that would make him be suspicious about me not willing to open up a conversation with him regarding the reason why he was standing in my office.


“I was in a car accident recently…” he started off with that sentence and I felt my heart skip a beat just by hearing it. I remembered exactly what happened to him but he on the other hand still didn’t.


“Tell me about it.” I murmured, not sure if Mr. Kim actually heard my words. “I lost a few of my memories because of it and I keep getting this flashes lately…” he paused, looking somewhere else with frowned eyebrows.


“What kind of flashes?” I continued to interrogate him, feeling curious and scared all of the sudden.


“Flashes of a woman. I don’t exactly see her face clearly when I’m getting those flashes.” Mr. Kim gave me a short answer.


His eyes were unreadable. I couldn’t tell the difference between hurt and disappointment  in his eyes. Maybe it was both.


“Could you describe the woman a little bit Mr. Kim?” I asked pretending to write something down on my notebook.

“I can’t...I can’t describe her. Everytime I get those flashes, I can’t see her face clearly even though I’m trying so hard to recognize her.” Mr. Kim shook his head and sighed, closing his eyes for a moment after he gave me another answer.


“In those flashes, what do you see yourself doing with this woman?” I wanted him so badly to remember about it  that I blurted out the question, feeling really determined at that moment.


“I see myself kissing her, tickling her, chasing her, smiling and hugging her. I…” Mr. Kim paused again, this time taking a deep breath after his short silence. “I would like to remember her, that because whenever I see those flashes I feel something-”


“What do you feel?” I eagerly asked, cutting Mr. Kim’s sentence.


“I get this feeling, this nice feeling and I…” Mr. Kim paused once again, looking straight into my eyes.


“Go ahead Mr Kim, you are here to talk about your feelings.” I gave him a boost so that Mr. Kim could continue.


“I think I was in love with her…” he stated, his eyes filled with sadness.

“In love with her?” the words got stuck in my mouth when I uttered them.


“Yes and I just wanna know who she is. I want to remember her, but also I don’t get it why she didn’t try to reach me yet.”


“Do you think this woman is still alive? And...are you sure those flashes weren’t just some dreams?”


I knew the flashes weren’t just some dreams but I just had to ask those questions, only to be sure that Mr. Kim was persuaded enough when he said that he saw this women he has been talking about.


“No, they weren’t just dreams. I am really sure about that and I actually don’t know whether she’s alive,or dead, or...she’s just trying to stay away from me.”


“Maybe she’s just afraid that you would ask her who she is-”


“Even if I do that, if she really loves me she would stay by my side. Or wait, is she doing this because she doesn’t feel the same way about me?” Mr. Kim shouted, his words still resounding in my ears.


That question was a punch in the face and I could take it anymore.


“I am sorry Mr. Kim, but I have another appointment right now so we will have to finish this conversation the next session.” I blankly said, taking my reading glasses off and putting them on the table. I looked back to see Mr. Kim’s face, observing that he was staring at me like he just had seen a ghost.


“Is everything okay Mr. Kim?” I asked while furrowing my eyebrows.


“AAHHHHHHHHHAHHHH!!” the man suddenly screamed, covering his head with both of his hands.


“Mr. Kim?? Mr.Kim!!” I ran over to him, panicked and shocked at the same time. “Are you alright?” I asked when I saw that Mr. Kim was puddling under my feet like a little kid.


“Mr. Kim?” I called out his name again but Mr. Kim was still not answering me.


“KAI…” I half whispered, hearing my own sorrowful voice when my tears were threatening to fall.


“What did u call me?” Kai said, standing up and looking at me.


Oh . I didn’t know he heard me. After Kai stood up, I got up as well, turning around and showing him my back to avoid his gaze.


“WHAT...DID...YOU...CALL...ME???” he yelled, his voice showing no tincture of anger or madness.

 

“I remember now... I remember her…” I froze when I heard Kai mumbling his utterance.


“It was you…It was you…” he added while I was standing there shocked, not knowing what to say to him yet.


“I remember your eyes, your smile… I remember everything.” Kai made his way towards me, placing his hands on my shoulders. When I thought he was going to whisper something in my ear, Kai turned me around and me made face him.


“You’re afraid of cats and you have a thing for dogs.” I tensed and my tears were finally running down my cheeks.


“We went to China together and you tripped and fell over some random guy.” Kai laughed a bit and I laughed with him too, remembering about the incident.


“I was coming to you that day…” he paused and I was shaking . When he saw me shivering like that, Kai’s hand made it’s way to my hand, interlocking his fingers with mine.


Oh, how much I missed that.


“You thought I forgot your birthday and you said-”


“I HATE YOU!” I finished his sentence.


“Yeah and I knew you didn’t meant it. You were just mad because you thought I forgot your birthday which I didn’t. I was going to surprise you by pretending that I forgot about it. Why didn’t you say anything to me?” Kai squeezed my hands, waiting for me to give him an answer.


“I didn’t say anything because I knew you wouldn’t remember me.” I said sobbing.


“How could you be so sure of that? Everything came back to me as soon as I saw deep in your eyes and-”


“I went to your doctor while you were still sleeping in the hospital after the accident. He told me that you had a memory loss and I couldn’t stand there to watch you not remembering me after you woke up.” I trailed off slowly, cutting Kai’s sentence again.


“Doctor Hyeon.”


“Mister Kim.”


We both laughed hearing ourselves calling out our names, feeling then Jongin’s  soft touch as he wrapped his hands around my waist, giving me a nice and warm hug.


Oh, how much I missed that too.


“I thought that I will never be able to see you again but when I saw you standing in the hallway earlier, I honestly couldn’t believe my eyes. I knew you would still not remember me-”


“But I do remember you now, and I promise you that I will never, ever forget you again.” Kai beamed, cupping my face in his big, warm hands.


Hearing his mellifluous statement, I tiptoed a little, giving Kai a sweet kiss on the lips after a very long time.

“I am glad that you’re back.”


 

 


Love will always find a way to get two people together.
^_^  Thank you for making time to read this :)