Final

One Year Later

 

“A year already passed, huh?” she mumbled. Everything seems so clear for her now. He won’t return to her side. She knows that he... he already have someone that more better than her. That deserves him much more than her.

“Jessica!” her bestfriend, Sunny called her with her cute voice. Jessica-the girl-turn around, and smiled at Sunny.

“Stop that aegyo, Sun!” she commented. Sunny laughs, and sit beside her.

“Will you go to our party? We will meet our old friends!” Jessica stunned. Old friends? Is that mean.. She will meet him again? “I know what you thinking, Jessica Jung. Yes, he will come.” Sunny said in lazy tone.

“I’m not going.” Jessica said and let out a heavy breath. Sunny chuckled.

“I know you wanted to come. You just to scared to face the truth, am I right?” Jessica kept her silent up, till Sunny pinch her arms lightly.

“Aw!” She shouted with pain. “Lee Soonkyu! That’s hurt!” she protested. Sunny laughs.

“Answer me, Jung Sooyeon.” She said in serious tone. Jessica sighed.

“Yes, I am. Happy?” she commented. “A year already passed. I left him with all missunderstanding, arguing, there’s no special moments I shared with him.” Jessica said.

“You... Still love him?” Love him? It’s a simple question, but Jessica seems can’t answer it at all. She looked out towards the blue sky. “Sica?”

“Mhm?” she said. “If you asking me about I still love him or not, what do you think is the answer?” she asked Sunny.

“In my opinion, you still love him. If you’re not love him anymore, you’ll receive Donghae, right?” Jessica nodded in agreement.

“When we separated, I felt like, something missing.” Jessica sighed. Sunny hugs her.

“Just come, okay? I’ll be with you..” she said. Jessica smiled.

“Thanks..” Jessica opened her wallet, and his picture still on there, smiled with her. How has your one year been?

 

~~

 

Jessica looks elegant and stunned all guests  with her pink dress and her brown-almost gold- hair. Her hair hang loosely with some glitter on it. She wore a white high-heels, and used Jonghyun’s ring that he gave her.

“You look super super pretty!” Sunny said. Jessica smiled.

“Gomawoyo..” she said.

“Let’s go! Sungmin oppa already wait for us.” Jessica stopped. “Wae?”

“We’re going with Sungmin oppa? Oh no.. You better go with him, I’ll use taxi..” Jessica said. Sunny shook her head.

“Its fine!”

“No, no! I’ll go by taxi! We will meet on the place, okay? See you, Sunkyu!” she said and left Sunny. Jessica walks towards the road, and looking out for the taxi. And then, a car stopped in front of her.

“Go in.” Jessica breathed. Its him!

“Y-You...” Jessica muttered.

“Just go in! Many car behind us.” Jessica coming in and the car start to ride. “Why you still being stubborn?”

“Why are you here?” she replied. Her eyes feels hot and teary. She doesn’t expected to meet him now. She doesn’t want to meet him now. She.. She’s not ready for it.

“I’m already back. You miss me?” he asked. Still as usual, she thought. “Are you still don’t want to talk with me?” Jessica glared at him.

“Stop.” Jessica said. Pretend that he didn’t hear it, Jonghyun kept ride his car, more faster.

“Sooyeon, we need to talk.” Jessica stunned. How Jonghyun called her name, still as usual. With sweet and caring tone. Jessica’s eyes becoming more teary.

“Its all my fault, okay?! All of it is my fault. What you want to say now, huh?!” Jessica brusted out with tears. Jonghyun slow his car, and look at Jessica.

“Its not, okay?”

 

~~

 

Jessica walk out from Jonghyun’s car and try to find Sunny. “Sun!” she shouted. Sunny turn around and smiled.

“Sica! I already wait for you!” she said. Jessica smiled. The party already started. Jessica sits beside Sunny, Sungmin, and Eunhyuk. She tried to find Jonghyun, but she didn’t see Jonghyun anywhere.

“This is special appearance from our singer, Jessica!” Yuri shoted. Jessica got shocked.

“Me?” she repeated. Yuri nodded.

“Who else, Sica?” she said. The students laugh. Jessica walked and stand on the stage. “G’night, guys. Long time no see, eh?” she tried become funny.

The music started. ‘One Year Later’ a song that she always sing with Jonghyun. She pretended that she’s fine, smiled at the others, but her heart really ache, that she can’t held it, and tear fell down.

hokshi neodo nae mam gateulgga

dashi han beonman gihwoereul jugeni

 

She shocked. Its Jonghyun’s voice! Jessica looked out on every space on that place, but she can’t see Jonghyun.

 

ijen ara jeoldaero urineun heeojil su obseo

saranghago ddo saranghaneun hansaram

 

Jonghyun’s coming out and smiled at her. Jessica can’t held it anymore, and stop to sing.

 

uri johadeon cheoeum keu ddaero dashi toragasseumyeon hae

 

“Continue it.” He said. Jessica breathed.

 

areumdawogo haengbokhaesseodeon sarangieodeon naldeulro

gaseum apeun yaegideul heotdwoen datumdeul

ijen modu damudeo dugo dashin ggeonaeji malgiro hae

kyejeori ddo heullo myeotnyeoni jinado

oneul gadeun mamman dashin obge

 

Jessica and Jonghyun look each other, but Jessica run down. She can’t. “Sica!” Jonghyun shouted, and catch her. All of the students look at them with confused face.

 

~~

 

“Please, listen to me!” Jonghyun grabbed Jessica’s hand. Jessica tried to release it, but Jonghyun’s energy is bigger than her. “LISTEN TO ME!” Jessica frozen. Jonghyun release his hand. “Please, listen? Just once?”

“What is it?” Jessica said. Jonghyun breathed.

“Mianhae...” he said with low voice. Soft and sad, if she can explain it. “I know its all my fault leaving you here. Its my fault that we ended with all vain arguments, and those sad stories when we were dating.” Jessica breathed, tears already fall and can’t be stopped.

“Don’t apologize. Its all mine. I make all of it broken, and you...” Jessica’s can’t continue her sentences, Jonghyun already pressed his lips on hers. Jessica’s eyes open widely, can’t believe with what she already saw.

“I love you, Jung Sooyeon. Saranghae. Neomu saranghae!” Jonghyun said. Jessica stunned.

“I.. I thought you already with....” she can’t continue it. She wants Jonghyun do it.

“Sekyung? I haven’t ever date her even once in my entire life!” he protested. He looked down at Jessica. “Believe me, Sica.” He caress her cheeks. “I still waiting for you.”

“You?! You have never ever find me, I already tried with all way to find you, and I can’t find you!” Jessica shouted. Jonghyun holds Jessica’s hand, and kiss his top of hand.

“Jung Sooyeon, I’m back now. Can you, just forgive me? I miss you. I love you...” Jonghyun said. Jessica cried.

“I miss you. I love you. I need you. Stay by me, okay?” he continued. He pressed his lips on hers once again, and she stop crying, and look at Jonghyun.

“I love you too, Jonghyunnie. Don’t leave me again. Promise me.” Jessica sobs.

“I won’t. I promised.” He said and hug her tightly.