--final

Pick Me Up

Mark hadn’t once believed in fate or destiny or the likes of that. In fact, he wasn’t a superstitious person at all, unless it involved ghosts and the creepy stuff. But this had to be fate; a work of the Gods above. It just had to be.

How in the world did GOT7 landed a comeback stage on the same day, together with the gorgeous girl group Red Velvet?

And by Red Velvet, he meant that shiny new group from SM Entertainment, also known as JYP’s rival company.

Did he mentioned that they were Red Velvet?

The Red Velvet?

The one with the stunning main vocal called Wendy Son?

Oh yeah, it was fate all right.

“Dude, shut your mouth.” A sudden cluck of disapproval rang in his ear. “You look awful.”

The young man turned around to find a frowning Jackson, forcibly holding him by the chin to help him look presentable.

“You don’t understand.” Mark shook his head, his eyes now back onto a lingering figure at the end of the corridor. “She’s right there, Jackson. In the flesh.”

“Yes, I see her.” Jackson sighed. “So go up to her man. Ask her out or something. You won’t get another chance.”

“I actually have a month to go.” The former rattled on and on. “You see, we had our comebacks on the same day and if I’m right, we’ll be seeing her a lot during these music shows and of cours-”

“Shut up.” The younger one furrowed his eyebrows in frustration. “I get you. But how long more will you look at her from afar? Just go up to her and ask her for her number, it’s so simple.”

Upon hearing the suggestion, Mark’s heart rate went up. How difficult could it be, asking for Wendy’s number?

It wasn’t that difficult at all.

Really.

Unless Jackson had meant for him to terribly fail at it by stuttering like an idiot in front of her!

I’ll look really ridiculous.

“Yeah, I can’t do it.” Mark ran through the scenario through his mind. He shuddered at the infinite possibilities of his failure. “I’ll stutter and then I’ll look stupid. Not cool.”

“Then memorise some lines or something.” Jackson mumbled, quickly losing interest in the older one’s worries.

“Maybe a pick up line!” Bam Bam, who had been watching them started to speak up.

“Pick-up lines are cheesy.” Jackson snorted before thinking seriously. “But it might just work for this loser here.”

“Hey!”

“Ooh, this seems fun.”

The young man surveyed his surroundings, only to realise that s had gathered around him. Their attention that had once been on him, were now averted to girl at the end of the corridor.

Pretty sure they think she’s stunning as well.

“I have one.” Yugyeom suddenly declared proudly. “This will work, trust me.”

The members waited eagerly as the youngest prepared for his line.

“Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?”

Is this kid even real?

“That .” Jinyoung scrunched his nose in disgust. “She’ll be sure to ask him to continue walking.”

“Like you have anything better!”

“I do.” The young man puffed out his chest. “Excuse me, what time do you need to be back in heaven?”

The members groaned, obviously feeling the effect of the greasiness the line exuded. They shook their heads in unison, agreeing that the line was not to be used as well.

“How about, Excuse me, you look a lot like my future girlfriend?” Jaebum butted in but the members only gave a cold response.

“Or you know,” Youngjae sighed. “You could just go up to her and tell her that you like her and you’d like her number.”

“But…” Mark was unsure on what to do. Could he really do it?

Jackson who had been watching the group groaned in frustration, before forcibly dragging the oldest member with him down the corridor.

“W-What are you doing?!” Mark panicked but Jackson didn’t care much. “No… No, you’re not dragging me to her.”

“I’m playing cupid.” He smirked before pushing Mark right onto the unsuspecting figure.

The girl jumped in surprise at the sudden contact, before looking confused at the tall young man before her. Mark gulped, knowing that this was it.

His impending doom.

“Yo Wendy.” Jackson greeted the confused girl. “Mark here has something to ask you. Bye.”

Seeing run off gleefully had Mark frustrated. Was that guy for real, throwing him around just like that? Especially in front of Wendy!

I’ll deal with him later.

“Erm, hi?” Wendy initiated the conversation, and that brought the young man back into reality.

“O-Oh! Hi!”

Way to go, Mark. You probably crept her out already.

“So, um.” The girl started smiling awkwardly. “You wanted to ask me something?”

“Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?” The words started to roll out quickly.

What in the world! What did I just said?!

He could almost smacked himself in the head.

Silence ensued, and he could see how horrified Wendy looked for a moment. Her eyes turned wide and was clearly agape at the ridiculous situation she was in.

I need to remain calm, lest I start to say more nonsensical stuff. Be cool, Mark. Be cool.

“Um…”

“W-What time do you need to be back in heaven?”

Oh. My. God. I need to shut up!

“Mark…”

“Hey Wendy!” Mark laughed hysterically in a high pitched manner. “Y-You look a lot like my future girlfriend!”

Shut up Mark! Oh my god! She’ll hate me!

The girl suddenly started laughing, her shoulders at ease. She gave a wide smile towards her companion who was already frozen to the ground. It was honestly a sight to see.

“Pick-up lines, huh?” She teased. “I see where you’re going with this.”

She thinks I’m weird. She definitely thinks I’m weird. Why is she even laughing? Of course she’ll be laughing. I’m a loser.

“It’s kind of dark in here.” His eyes never once left her face, but anyone could tell his whole body had stiffened up. “Must be because all of the light is shining on you.”

“Mark, stop.” Wendy laughed harder. “I get what you mean.”

“R-Really?” The young man finally managed a normal sentence. “Cos you know, it does shine on you. Shine on me, let it shine on me, yeah!.”

Upon hearing the young man singing her line, the girl burst out in even more laughter before drying her tearing eyes.

“Oh Mark.” She took a deep breath in to control her breathing again. “You’re funny.”

“I… I am?”

“You wanted to be friends right?” Wendy asked sincerely, but the man interrupted her.

“More than friends.”

She giggled again, before turning slightly pink at his straightforwardness. Truth was, Wendy knew this was coming. It was easy to see that Mark had a crush on her, and her members themselves had informed her that he had been looking at her for the past 20 minutes or so.

But to think that the cool Mark Tuan would stutter pick-up lines in her presence was definitely something she didn’t imagined. She would have thought for him to be the suave kind, but he turned out to be quite the opposite of that.

“Right.” She bit her lips. “Well, still. I get it. How about I’ll pass you my number?”

Dear God please tell me this is real.

“Um…”

“You don’t want to?” Wendy asked warily.

“I do!” He shouted urgently, not wanting her to get the wrong idea. “I really do, so… I’ll appreciate that.”

“Finally!” Someone shouted nearby and the pair turned around at the voice.

Hidden behind the walls were the GOT7 and Red Velvet members, all anxiously looking over the duo.

“Thank you Wendy!” Jackson raised his hands as the others laughed. “We no longer have to deal with his worries anymore.”

Mark turned slightly red while Wendy only grinned widely. The others laughed, knowing that the music show stages from now on would only prove to get more interesting.

“Um, I’ll call you later?” Mark scratched his head sheepishly.

“I’ll be waiting.” Wendy smiled softly as she walked off with her members.

Thank God for pick-up lines.

--

a/n abrupt ending haha. hope you liked it anyway :D