Come Back Again- I

15 Days With My Driver

~“It’s time for you to go.” He whispered into your hair as you held on tight to him not wanting to let go. The rain was pouring outside but your heart seemed heavier than it was~

 

Flashback:

 

“Bye Bye, sweetie, come home safely.” Your mother said, as she gave you a big hug and rearranged your messy honey-coloured side swept bangs.

 

“I will mum, don’t worry.” You reassured her as you squeezed her hand, and the both of you walked towards the departure hall. With one last glance you cross the immigration counters and headed into the massive chains of stores. As you grab your regular decaf caramel frappacuino, you took out your phone and Skyped with your Korean friend, Ji-ae.“Unnie! I’m going to board the plane soon.” You exclaimed. Ji-ae had invited you to be her maid-of-honor and you were going to Seoul to meet her and spend 15days to explore and help her prepare.

 

“Mianhae dongseang-ah, I won’t be able to spend much time with you for the first few days as I have to get my wedding dress re-tailored in Paris.”

 

“Oh.” You replied with a pinch of disappointment. But perked up when you heard Ji-ae tell you she had arrange someone to bring you around instead.

 

~When you reached Seoul’s airport~

 

 

*Where could my driver be?* You look around not seeing any signs with your name on it, you could speak and understand some Korean but Hangul words just made your head spin. You decided to head out into the taxi stand and try your luck there; you take out your phone and realize you’ve run out of battery.

 

“Urgh, why do you have to do this to me Steve Jobs! Why didn’t you allow Iphone’s to live longer?” You hissed at the sky as you shoved your phone back into your pocket and continued to walk down the pathway to try and find a cab to Ji-ae’s house and get help from there, instead. Then, someone grabbed the 2 luggage you were dragging behind you and hoist it into a boot of a car.

 

“HEY!” You yelled as you kneeled down on the ground and shut your eyes closed.

“Don’t rob me, my phone just died!” You wailed.

 

“What on earth, lady. Get up!” A male voice yelled at you as you slowly opened your eyes, a handsome guy in a black winter coat and black cap was glaring at you.

 

“Whoops~” You tried to ease the tension as many people started staring at the both you and an Ahjusshi snickered, as he walked passed you. You bit your lips as you grinned and shrugged at the handsome stranger.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” You smiled as you held your hand out to the stranger.

 

“Mmm.” The stranger replied shaking your hand and got into the car.

 

*What the—* You were about to start cursing him inside your head when he started the engine and inched the car forward making you jump back and bump into someone.

“Sorry!” You apologized to a grumpy looking girl your age, she tsk-ed you and stormed away. You made a face and quickly opened the door to the passenger seat before this crazy driver decided that he wanted to drive away without you. As you slammed the door shut and put on your seat belt, without any warning, the car started moving at a lightning speed.

 

“Yah! What are you doing? Trying to get us killed?!” You yelled as you managed to buckled your seat belt just in time, and held on tight to it.

 

“Stop yelling, this is nothing.” The stranger replied. You rolled your eyes and looked out of the window as the both of you cruised down the highway at a high speed.

 

*Seoul is still as beautiful as the last time I’ve been here.* You rolled down the window and stuck your head out.

“Siwonhada!” You sighed.

 

“Yah! If you don’t want your head to be cut off you better come back in.” Your driver yelled at you as he tried to grab your arm.

 

“Don’t touch me!” You warned as you came back in, your driver seems taken aback and his eyes became cold and diverted his attention back onto the road. You felt what you had said was uncalled for and tried to liven up the atmosphere, “Neon jaemiobseo~” You sang as you slightly pushed his arm and grinned. He tried to keep a straight face which he did well, but soon broke into a smile.

 

“Whatever.” He replied cool-ly.

“We will be driving through, Myeongdong, you might want to take a few glances at it so you can plan where exactly you want to shop when we come back in a few days.” Your driver told you, you nodded and silently try to take in all the small shops, trying to remember all the names of the shops you would like to visit.

 

“Ah, this is too hard.” You groaned as you forget the names of shops you want to visit and decided to take your camera out to take photos as you go instead.

 

“You like photography?” Your driver asked. You nodded and continued to take photos of shops that you wanted to visit. The car stopped at a red light and as you looked through your DSLR peephole and took a photo, something caught your eye, lifting your head, you slowly glanced at your driver and back onto your DSLR screen. You look more closely at the photo you just took…

 

“You…” You stammered.

 

“What?” Your driver asked annoyed at the look on your face.

You cleared your throat, “What’s your name?”

 

Your driver grinned as he readjusted his cap,

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Myungsoo.”